Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:26:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeFinding translators
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Finding translators  (Read 2067 times)
raiten
« on: April 28, 2009, 02:22:03 AM »

Does anybody have any idea which is the best way to find people who will translate your game into various languages, either for free or at least for a smaller sum?

For my most recent endeavor I've managed to get the game's 30 or so lines translated into 10 different languages, just by posting on a forum I frequent. So far so good, but it's mostly European languages. I'm still searching for somebody who could translate it into simplified and traditional Chinese as well as Korean. Anybody has any suggestions where to look?

I tried registering an account at a gaming-related Korean BBS but not even Google Translate could help me get through it.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 04:44:42 AM »

I've used friends and messageboards. A friend of mine volunteered to translate Immortal Defense to Portuguese, and got a lot of it done but it took ages; I then took his translation and asked for someone to finish it, and Ciao on these forums took it and is mostly finished with it I believe (although he hasn't sent it to me yet or finished up the last parts). So if you are comfortable with it taking a while and not being done immediately, asking friends and people on forums to do it can be helpful.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:00:53 AM »

Try taking contact with these guys

http://pig-min.com/tt/13

They could put you in contact with people for korean translations.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
raiten
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 12:19:58 PM »

Paul, yeah, that's what I've tried so far too, and it works reasonably well for getting translations into European languages, but not very far outside of Europe. Haven't found anybody who'd do Turkish either.

Thanks for the tip moi, I sent them a mail.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 01:01:52 PM »

Ask renton for turkish lol

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
raiten
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 04:11:12 AM »

Maybe I should add I'd be super happy if anybody here would like to help me translate the game's 45 lines of dialogue.

I currently have Swedish, Japanese, Russian, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Korean, Portugese, Danish, Polish, Latvian and finally Turkish (thanks to nayon!)

I'd love some more Asian or even African languages, if there happens to be any native speakers here.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:26 AM »

Well, my friend happens to be studying Chinese (both traditional and simplified, though he prefers traditional) and Korean.  I might be able to get him to help, at least for the Chinese.
raiten
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:07:50 AM »

Well, my friend happens to be studying Chinese (both traditional and simplified, though he prefers traditional) and Korean.  I might be able to get him to help, at least for the Chinese.

Thanks, but I think I'd prefer a native speaker (and I already have Korean covered thanks to moi's suggestion)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic