Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411891 Posts in 69426 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 07, 2024, 01:50:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZentrum - PC puzzle game with STORY
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zentrum - PC puzzle game with STORY  (Read 352 times)
Toomin
« on: February 04, 2017, 09:13:02 AM »

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is this game about?

Zentrum is a casual puzzle game for PC. It's about bringing balance to a field of charged particles by applying different kinds of charged pulses (i.e. by clicking on them). You can flip the particles' state, copy them, destroy them, and superimpose their state to freeze them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been working on this game for about eight months, but only two of those in its present incarnation. The game mechanic was originally supposed to be part of an FPS puzzle game, but that turned out to be way more than I could handle. It was then supposed to be part of an adventure / VN game, but I found that the disconnect between the story parts and the puzzle parts was very jarring and didn't work well, so now that I've boiled the game down to the simplest form, it actually works really well.

There is still a story element to the game, simply because I enjoy puzzle games that give you some kind of reward for finishing them. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to tie it into this abstract puzzle format, but I think doing it this way, i.e. building the puzzle part first and then building the story around it, works way, way better than what I was doing before, which was the opposite.

I also released a trailer, to give some idea of the type of sound / music that's gonna go with it.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:22:56 AM by Toomin » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic