Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:45:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEarly footage of Netflix Castlevania series leaked
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Early footage of Netflix Castlevania series leaked  (Read 6671 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 12:45:07 PM »

As the new leader of the tigsource web site I vow to carry out an orderly transition from the present status quo, where Super Joe lackadaisically trolls threads and sometimes posts genuine advice laden missives in the devlog forum which are sometimes about being molested by Hulk Hogan, to a bold vision of the future, where I do exactly the same thing.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »

any postitive mention of the objectively bad video games franchise "Mega Man" will be met with a permanent ban.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 01:06:42 PM »

any postitive mention of the objectively bad video games franchise "Mega Man" will be met with a permanent ban.
i believe fundamentally in the right of all men to be insanely, incredibly wrong, but merely attempt to guide them to a just path
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 01:39:47 PM »

i respect your opinion, but as an expert moderator, i believe a "law and order" policy is needed. we should nip the "blue bomber" problem in the bud.

it's the broken window theory of forum moderation: you allow one positive opinion about mega man and a month later, your forum has turned into a megaman fan site.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/netflixlat/status/867485387953848322

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »

Looks really bad

the writer is Warren Ellis

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/6/28/15888948/netflix-castlevania-voice-cast
Netflix Castlevania series reveals voice cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0F-lWxZty4?
Castlevania Netflix Intro Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cizAfhwc9-E?
#Castlevania sneak peeks #RichardArmitage as #TrevorBelmont #GrahamMctavish as #Dracula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxUlQFvE6k4?
Castlevania Netflix Anime Expo 2017 Preview

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0733FXS22?tag=viglink20241-20
Castlevania (Music From The Netflix Original Series)

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 04:55:45 PM »

I am still having trouble understanding how anyone could make a mature animated series out of a game where a guy in leather walks to the right whipping candles.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »

Easy they removed the leather

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2017, 09:29:20 AM »

One and a half episode in, dont know what to think about it.
Intro sequence got me pumped, art directions seems cool besides backround characters lookin janky and samy.
Warren Ellis writing is... Well i heard he writes those western dc comics about filthy brits beating each other with dicks in a dirty alleyway fights. Script leaked long ago, i thought they edit the scene that discusses bestiality out, nope. And it keeps on giving laughable edginess.
So far its like DC comics adaptation that explains some smalltime manual lore, but kinda doesnt really fit with stuff thats shown in games?
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »

I shannot watch an anime no matter how much BDSM they cram into it
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »

I liked SOTN but I think we all felt that it was missing a crucial dog fucking element
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2017, 03:49:42 PM »

If Warren Ellis didn't use a Game Genie whilst writing this you can expect a lot of filler when it comes to the bit with the flying Medusa heads.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »

the only reason people like the new castlevania gams is because of the anime so I guess they can finally stop making sotn sequels now

there's a silver lining to everything if you just care to look

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 05:40:41 AM »

dracula looks like a disgruntled goblin
SchriefFighter
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2017, 11:10:17 AM »

Some of my friends have watched this and they said they really liked it.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 12:02:29 AM »

my uncle works at nintendo

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 01:26:05 AM »

dracula looks like a disgruntled goblin

more like a disgruntled elf come to think of it
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2017, 02:42:34 AM »

Just binged the whole thing, its actually really short, just 4 episodes.
Overall it was pretty good.
The tone was a bit more serious than my taste, but not as serious as I feared. Like, my ideal take on a Castlevania cartoon would be a slightly less humorous Korgoth of Barbaria... But this was fine too.
First episode is mostly backstory, and then the show settles on a kind of slow-ish pace. The final, fourth episode of the season felt a bit rushed in comparison, especially the final third of it, it felt like it was cut from scenes of a fifth episode. The rest of the show did not have this problem at all, so it really stood out that way.

Theres some funny moments in this. Not all the jokes are winners obviously, but its funny enough.

Trevor Belmont doesn't have the personality I imagined of him, being the first slayer of Dracula in the series, I kind of imagined him as a Conan-like legendary hero. What we got instead is a snarky, bumbling, slightly brooding antihero type.
But obviously, legendary hero types work better as a backstory character than an actual protagonist. For a series with a tone like this and for what they are going for, I think it works pretty well. Hes likable enough.

I hope that we get more seasons, it felt more like an introduction to a series than a proper first season in a way. Like this was a sort of pilot season.
I am very pleased to see that Castlevania 3, my favorite game of the series and favorite NES game, is basically what this whole thing is based on, with extra cues and bits taken from Symphony Of The Night.

About the humor, theres also some weird meta-humor going on, thats not quite "ha ha" jokes, but like references going on throughout. It was also way closer to the games than I expected, and has a lot of dumb little references. Its not too cringy with em or anything either, not too bad.
There was a weird scene of Trevor "platforming" early on, and several scenes of people falling into pits. Like they wanted to have some kind of acknowledgement of how the games play in the show. More a little recurring joke/nod about the games than something that the show is about though, obviously.

Alucard literally used his SOTN Alucard Sword's secret ability in the show. You know, the thing where doing a hadoken motion forward + attack triggers special moves with some weapons, and the game never tells you about them, so a lot of people beat the game yet don't even know about these moves? The Alucard Sword's secret ability teleports you behind an enemy to attack, and Alucard literally does this in the show in the season's final scene. They even replicate the little visual effect from the game. I am embarrassed that this is something I noticed, that it made me somehow happy, and that I felt the need to bring it up here. Pandering to nerds works, guys. I am trash, I belong in a trash can
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:13:25 AM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 03:18:48 AM »

Its really entertaining, if you dont get really invested and treat it as adaptation. Most people who get killed are women, catholic priests and children, lots of edge, i laughted at just how corny it gets.
Theres at least 20 minutes of Trevor saying "fuck off" to a bunch of wizards in a hut, then it gets resolved by itself in the last ten minutes.
I have a feeling animators are OG fans and Warren Ellis is a high level hack. This stuff is amazing, look at that Ayami Kojima Alucard and Castlevania 3 manual Sylpha:

Also dracula does his cool teleport thing that looks rad here. Aside from that there isnt much fanservice, Grant is absent unless he is a bald priest guy who gets murdered by our hero], theres hollywood scripwriting moment with spinning axe being thrown once, thankfully no funny whip remarks.

Alucard literally used his SOTN Alucard Sword's secret ability in the show.
Animators do some cool sakuga stuff there, but script says:
"WTF is this Vampire Flying Jesus lol" Trevor yells and kicks Alucard right in BALLS, but he doent care because hes totally GAY"
Ill gonna watch next 11 episodes, its corny, its seems like hot garbage right now, i hope it starts a trend of more not-kid oriented western action animation, maybe edgy writing is better than boring lore dumps.
Also i watched RE: Vendetta day before, it was totally unrelated. Somehow it was also gorefest with protagonists doing some amazing jump-the-shark stuff, i recomend it too.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:37:02 AM by Bad_Dude 2017 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic