Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:46:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEarly footage of Netflix Castlevania series leaked
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Early footage of Netflix Castlevania series leaked  (Read 6672 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 04:21:13 AM »

Yeah, no fangs.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »

From what I understand, Warren Ellis wasn't really involved other than writing a script for a movie a while back, that this series is based on. Its probably barely recognizable from the original script other than some dialogue and the basic outline of the season's story.
The series creator, Adi Shankar, is indeed a giant nerd though. He seems single-minded with the idea of making fun or faithful adaptations of nerdy shit. He made that kind-of famous Punisher "Dirty Laundry" short a few years back (and a bunch more shorts like it), and he directed that Dredd movie I really liked.

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2017, 04:47:52 AM »

It seems hipsters and other general public loves it, Castlevania is now dead for real.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:03:03 AM by Bad_Dude 2017 » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2017, 11:44:36 AM »

at long last

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »

Kojima's Curse
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 07:47:36 AM »

a castlevania 3 remake seems like it could be a good idea instead of another version of sotn but shittier
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 02:07:36 PM »

Watched it yesterday! Extremely campy, but in a good way. I appreciated it.
Also, it's the true Berserk anime we never had. It had EVERYTHING - the small village sieged by demons, the grim protagonist, the loli witch, the Pretty Guy With Long Clear Hair. The bestiality undertones.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 02:38:02 PM »

it's really dumb they don't even have any covers of some of the classic music. it's throwing me off way more than i expected. and it is a dumb show in general

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 03:16:14 PM »

it's really dumb they don't even have any covers of some of the classic music. it's throwing me off way more than i expected. and it is a dumb show in general

I was hoping the 4th episode would end on "actually NOW this is Castlevania" with some classic music but no it did not

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2017, 03:23:29 PM »

a castlevania 3 remake seems like it could be a good idea instead of another version of sotn but shittier
Castlevania 1,3,4, and 5 really have a great mechanical feel that I think still could be meshed well with what the SotN and the games like it in the series have brought to the table. Castlevania 2 kind of hinted at that, but of course that game was broken beyond belief and can not sanely be played through without some kind of walkthrough (despite that I still liked it, and the romhack fixes for the NES rom show just how fucking awesome it could have been).

I think the SotN games do well in breaking the series of some of its rigidity, but their mechanics are so shallow at times it leads to frequent moments where the games feel watered-down. Like you said before, the second run in SotN where you can play as Richter are great and I think that is because it does a better job of meshing the game with the mechanics of the earlier games.

As for the show, I've not seen it yet as I've not bothered with Netflix in ages but it is really hard to screw up the Castlevania storyline since the games barely have one given their campy nature. That's not to say they can't or didn't make a terrible show, just that it's not like the games are forcing them into some kind of rigid framework for it since the games only have a very loose thematic framework anyways.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2017, 02:18:12 AM »

Harmony of Dissonance is the only later game that adopted Sotn movement systems and also had no arc hitbox weapons, and its super weird and janky, but also sotn is super weird and janky. If only there were games that improve it by all parameters, hmm, maybe we should ask angry gamer egorapter.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic