Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:57:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Rev-share] [DFW] Flying Vehicle Game seeking Unreal Eng 4 Game Programmer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Rev-share] [DFW] Flying Vehicle Game seeking Unreal Eng 4 Game Programmer  (Read 478 times)
General_X
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:57:59 PM »

Introduction

I want to commercially release a physics-based vehicular multiplayer video game in 2018 and am looking for a partner at this time with the following core skills:

Unreal Engine 4 programming experience (C++ and BP) with physics actors, GameStates, GameModes, replication, and networking.

I currently have funds for hardware, tools, assets, legal, marketing/release and contractors, but I need a core coworker who will work for a 50% stake in profits.  At the moment, I am working on the weekends and in free time after work, and expect the same for now.
I was working with a very talented partner, but unfortunately he had to focus on school and leave the project.  I was focused heavily on programming, but now I want to pivot into my strong-suit, art and design (I have a marketing and design double major from a top university).

What I have

•   A fun, functional prototype of a responsive, intuitive, and tight base pawn class in Blueprint (BP) for a physics-based flying vehicle, its PlayerController (PC), and supporting actors, structs, et cetera.
•   A $3,000 machine at your disposal (I have an identical one for myself)
      •   Intel i7-6800K
      •   32 GB RAM
      •   500 GB SSD
      •   2650x1920 ASUS 25" display

•   My proficiency with Blueprints.  Highlights:
      •   Vector math & physics
      •   Delegation between pawn and PC
      •   Intricate input calculation from PC to Pawn to simplify adding control modes/devices/options
      •   Consistent refactors and neatness

•   Many, many ideas for feature development and online game modes

What I need

•   Strong Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) experience with physics actors, GameStates, GameModes, replication, server/client responsibility, networking, and multithreading.
•   Ideally, located in the DFW area or willing to relocate.  This isn't an absolute must, but I think it's very, very important for collaboration that we're able to physically work together.
•   Passion and drive to actually release something that can generate a living income for us.  The willingness to devote weekend after weekend to this.  Focused dedication instead of lazy free time.  This is the only chance for us to release a quality product in a reasonable amount of time.

Other things that would be hugely helpful:
•   Physics and trigonometric wizardry.  If you have a knack for looking at a formula for, say, critical damping and solving it for use in a function, it would add a lot to this project.
•   Other helpful UE4 experience, for example AI programming or menu BP development.

Conclusion

Overall, I'm looking for someone who works well with me, who can dedicate many hours a week to this, and who is driven to deliver a quality product.  If you are interested, please contact me at generalxenon51 (at) gmail.com and we can get in touch.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic