Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:47:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMultiplayer Archer Arena Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Multiplayer Archer Arena Game  (Read 2745 times)
thomf00
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2017, 07:04:24 PM »

I'm looking for feedback on game mechanics! I'm in prototype phase still. Is it fun?

Please hop in with a couple of buddies and try to get a good kill streak going!

Link to play: archo.io

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:10:38 PM by thomf00 » Logged

Twitter @thomasuster
ShuddaHaddaLottaFun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 06:41:50 AM »

Well I'm sitting in the game, in case someone else sees this and wants to battle!

Initial thoughts without an opponent.  The movement in the game feels sluggish.  Like, the character starts moving, then there's a hiccup in his step, and the continues moving at what is perceived to me as a slightly slower movement speed then that initial step.

Then when you let go of the movement key, the character takes a few steps Back then forward to the stopping point.  it's a strange springy feel.

Another factor to the sluggish feeling is the dash is not instantaneous.  Presumably the Dash is a dodge-like mechanic to avoid being shot. But it takes so long to get to that dash speed, that you have to be pretty forward thinking to utilize it (again, these comments are without playing with others)

I'll stick around to see if someone joins.

ldurniat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »

I don't why but everytime I go something pull me back and forward. Also I don't no how to pick up arrows.

I use Opera 43(the latest version) Win7 64bit.

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 06:49:13 PM »

No one was online. You might want to make it so that pulling your bow back slows you down so there is a bit of a cost to charging up fully.

Oh yeah, the bow direction thing was a bit confusing. I'm guessing art isn't your specialty because you used zelda sprites but the bow aiming confused me a bit at first.

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »

I'm currently testing this with two separate browsers, and a friend over Skype also tried to join in. The little dudes do not show up in each others browsers, so I'm guessing the server is down at the moment.

A server health/status indicator would probably be a good thing.
I'd probably give this a second try once the server is back online.

Coffee

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic