Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:22:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Story Fort - Illustrators needed (paid)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Story Fort - Illustrators needed (paid)  (Read 2865 times)
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »

Some of you may have seen my website, www.StoryFort.com, when I launched my first interactive book a couple months ago.

Well, things are chugging along, and I have collected a few more stories from other writers that I would like to move forward with. Unfortunately, I can only handle illustrating one storybook at a time, and I have already begun on another book of my own.

I figured since I am willing to pay, Hand Money Left Grin Hand Money Right that somebody here might be interested on working on something like this. (Since it should be a really awesomely fun project too!) The amount would vary based on length of story, experience, etc., and/or you could also receive a percentage of each sale. (Basically, we would need to work something out)

You would not need to worry about animating anything (if you do not want to) but art would have to be submitted in layers so that it could be animated later for the book. 

Of course, if you have a children's story you would like to submit, I am always looking for more of those too! (Whether you wish to illustrate your own story or would like me to find an illustrator for your book)

Below is an example page to give you an idea of what the books are like:

Thanks!

Andy

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »

Then at least we know what's not bothering Carl :D

Are those blue words links, so that you move through it wikipedia style?
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »

No, they are keywords that pop up those little secondary illustrations. You can also click on them to have them pronounced!

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »

i may be interested in doing illustrations and/or stories. think this is a great idea!  Kiss

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
isaac
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »

Looks like a fun project!

I would be interested in doing some illustration if you find something that fits. Here's my (shiny new) portfolio site: http://isaacwilliams.net/#images

Renton
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »

My heart wants to be in this but I'm too untalented/lazy/unreliable.
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 10:13:34 PM »

untalented
Not true dude.
Though the rest coul be, I'm in the same boat if you know what I mean

This looks awesome, and way beyond me
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »

Looks nice and child friendly Smiley

A very nice project indeed.

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 07:51:03 AM »

maybe you could explain the specifications for the illustrations and stories a bit?

are you looking for a style like yours, or could others be acceptable too? and the illustrations need to be composed of different objects layered together so that they can be animated, right?

and stories seem like they would need keywords that link to different objects on each page.

do we need to come up with music and soundeffects for the stories as well? i'll try the free one out when i boot up in windows.

astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 09:58:31 AM »

Michael-

Sure thing!

As far as styles go, I am most definitely NOT looking for a style like mine. I intend to publish all sorts off cool interactive books for kids - I'm in fact looking to branch out in terms of style, and content too! Story Fort is not intended to be just a vehicle for me to publish my own stories and art, but for others as well. I do want to keep the age range in the 3-5 early reader range though, at least for now.

As far as the illustrations go, yeah, they would need to be done in layers in Photoshop or Illustrator, with the animation aspect of it in mind. If the illustrator wishes, they can handle the animation aspects themselves, or I can handle the animating aspect on my end. I would be willing to send some of my original Photoshop files from the first book, if someone wanted to see how I set up the files to be animated and imported into the book; but essentially, everything is just painted on its own layer.

I wouldn't worry about the keywords aspect of it. You can really just keyword any nouns of objects that appear in the story naturally, along with all the main character names. This book wasn't even written with the intention of doing that. It was a feature added a bit later in the process.

I can handle music on my end, but of course, if you want to do you're own music (and it is good) then that is totally an option. As far as sound effects, I actually purchased a large royalty free sound library to use for these projects, and I would probably stick with those so that I can avoid copyright issues.

And lastly, the more of the book you handle on your own (story, art, music, etc...) the more I can (and will!) pay... (% of sales too)

I hope this helps give a better idea of things.

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »

thanks so much! this is a really great idea and i'd love to contribute. i have no idea when, but i'll let you know when i think i have something going.

Fuzz
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »

Well, the best of luck with getting some more contributors. I might just have to buy What's Bothering Carl? for myself some time... :D
Rishav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 08:13:52 AM »

is it wrong that i kept trying to click those buttons?

love your style. i do write stories but they are usually mature scifi or fantasy. never did any children stuff. Maybe I can russet up something Enid Blytonish during my free time.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic