Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:11:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralanime?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: anime?  (Read 48798 times)
Pabro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »

Guilty as charged as a Narutofan...it's simple...dumb...but I still find it satisfying...

But favs of all time: Berserk, Hajime no Ippo, Goldenboy, Ranma 1/2 (first and second seasons only), Record of Lodoss War

"Oh no! Hans Brix!"

Producerio!
the Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2009, 04:38:41 PM »

Oh, .hack//Sign was pretty good as well.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Kramlack
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »

DBZ (can't wait for the new 200 episode remake coming)

Do you mean Dragon Ball Kai? The thing that recently came out in Japan, if so, it's not a remake, just a cleaned up HD version with the filler cut out. If not, I demand to know what you're talking about now!  Crazy
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »

DBZ (can't wait for the new 200 episode remake coming)

Do you mean Dragon Ball Kai? The thing that recently came out in Japan, if so, it's not a remake, just a cleaned up HD version with the filler cut out. If not, I demand to know what you're talking about now!  Crazy
It's a remake. They're trying to make more like the manga, so it's not just cutting it's also reworking to make episodes shorter. Music has be redone too.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Kramlack
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »

Sorry, thought you meant like, new art and stuff.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2009, 07:20:20 PM »

It is new art from what I have seen.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
bournfan_1992
Level 0

Boy, that bomb really hurt.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »

My favorite animu is probably either Neon Genisis Evangelion or Fullmetal Alchemist.

I really hate Bleach, Inuyasha and Naruto. They all suck equally.

I sorta like Naruto, mainly because I really like some of the characters.

That being said, there are SO many problems with it.

Naruto doesn't have anything on Ronin.  Although that show was based off the power rangers, so it might not be at true Anime and may be more of an adapted manga.
bournfan_1992
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2013, 10:25:04 PM »

Anikmes i heartily recommend to anyone who likes good shows:

Paranoia Agent
Kemonozume
Death Note
FLCL
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Experiments: Lain
Elfen Lied (NSFW)

I believe it is spelled Elven Layed. Just sayin...  Shrug
Ashkin
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »

... Why did you even resurrect a four year old post? I can't count a single person on the last page that still visits anymore.
bournfan_1992
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2013, 10:58:50 PM »

... Why did you even resurrect a four year old post? I can't count a single person on the last page that still visits anymore.

Just saying...  Giggle
Ashkin
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »

Just saying...  Giggle
Oh that's okay then man cool your opinion on anime must be known by these people that will probably never visit the forum again
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2013, 03:58:38 AM »

This looks like a good thread in which to say - I thought that Evangelion 3.3.3 sucked! There we go, I've said it to someone(thing)

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2013, 11:41:23 AM »

*ascends small set of stairs (a set of no more than 5 but no less than 3 stairs, it is made of pine, owing to its availability as a construction material and its price. the finish could charitably be described as "ok", it's been sanded, but not lovingly so, and it has been stained, but again, the colour choice is less than judicious and the application shows no great tenderness nor care for the finished product. for sure, this small set of stairs has a genesis of utility, not love. like the pregnancy with that girl who you said you'd "support no matter what" so you didn't want to push her to get an abortion, and instead you've got to raise some little fucking peckerwood who can't even catch a ball or tell you the last ten stanley cup champions) and assumes place in front of dais (don't even get me started on the construction of this fucking thing. mickey mouse shit all over, christ i'm lucky they bought a shure sm58 and didn't just steal some fucking karaoke mic from a bar in the philippines) carefully removes a neatly folded piece of paper which contains the notes for my speech, grips the side of the dais and clears throat*  ahem: Lol.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2013, 12:31:42 PM »

I, like a lot of americans, have been skeptical about the popularity of anime. I never really got it. Every time I would try to get into it, I would watch an episode of Naruto or something and give up hope. But it turns out I've been watching the wrong shows. I recently started watching Higurashi no Nako Koro Ni, and it's really awesome. I know there has to be more anime shows like this out there. I want people to talk about their favorite lesser-known animes to guide a newcomer.

The big 3(naruto, bleach, one piece) are complete and utter shit. They are like the twilight of anime, like how CoD is the twilight of videogames.

Stay away from evangelion too, it gets mentioned a lot because maybe 30% of the people who watch it fall in love with it, and the other 70% wonders why they just wasted 12 hours watching all that shit.

For a complete beginner;
-Samurai Champloo
-Castle in the Sky - this one's good if you like steampunk
-Cowboy Bebop
-Spice and Wolf - coziest anime in existence
-Stein's Gate

Stay away from dubs, english voice actors are universally atrocious. There's literally maybe one or two animu I can think of off the top of my head that have a decent dub.

edit; my fucking face when this is a 4 year old thread
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »

Watch Akira and you're there.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2013, 06:39:27 PM »

Stay away from dubs, english voice actors are universally atrocious. There's literally maybe one or two animu I can think of off the top of my head that have a decent dub.
again, lol
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »

wanna know a fuckin secret? when they dub these things, you are a guy in a booth, scheduled for no fewer than 4 hours at a time. in front of you you have a collection of papers which include only your lines. you dont know the fucking context of anything and will only be given that context if your read doesnt mesh with the scene. otherwise you get 3 beeps in your headphones, you say the words dramatically, and you move on. a line is strictly defined as 10 or more words. you get paid about 4 dollars per line. you know how every stupid piece of shit in these dumb cartoons for idiots is screaming all the time? well if youre quick at reading your lines which are hopefully over 10 words, you can pick up more than the minimum session fee. if you have a session full of stupid fucking screaming, guess what? you get to ruin your voice by screaming for 4 hours, you cant work for several days, sometimes you develop polyps which need surgery, and you make only the minimum session fee because you actually had no lines. on top of this, because these shitty fucking things are going to be resold and reaired and merchandised in perpetuity, that is to say, for fucking ever the producer "negotiates" a 200% buyout as standard for all your residual rights. you ruin your future livelihood and your health and will see no return on it past this day. then you log in to troll a video game forum on a message board for people who dont think guns and muscles are cool and read some bejorted poindexter flying the rising sun flag for glorious nippon and saying the people constantly yelling with no nuance in a language they neither speak nor understand are much better than the people who constantly yell in a language they do understand. you see, that latter group are just bad actors, because acting under kafkaesque circumstances for pennies is just really intuitive and easy. suck my entire dick. goku has autism and youre a shithead who disappoints his parents daily.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2013, 07:08:23 PM »

the japanese are reptilian demons and anime fans are part of a massive conspiracy by general electric in order to keep sunglasses trading briskly so that others can hide their vicarious shame when in your presence
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »

I Can Tell The Japanese Actors Are Better Because They Emphasise So Much More Than The English Ones In A Language That Contains The Distinguishing Feature That It Basically Has No Unstressed Syllables And I Like Swords A Lot
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2013, 07:25:50 PM »

i wish bryan cranston would refuse all these outstanding lead actor awards and demand that they be given to a japanese person. the fucker used to pay his bills with Animes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic