Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 05:52:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralanime?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Author Topic: anime?  (Read 48633 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »

Well, thats the only reason why IMO.

I don't see why some people are against necroing old threads that might still be relevant if there's no other thread like that that's active, like in this case. Better to revive the old thread with more stuff in it than create a new and empty one that has to be refilled probably with half the same stuff as the old one again, in that case.

but this time i don't see why s:

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »

I agree with you tho. And I meant what I said. There is a few threads below an anime thread that could have been bumped instead of this ancient one.

EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »

Well funny enough this was bumped up because I saw a list somewhere that I feel would be a great addition to this thread. The reason I like it is because it tackles the idea of what are some decent choices of anime for those who may dislike or even hate anime.

The key phrase was "too anime' which more or less boils down to the idea that there are some series that have too many anime tropes, which usually become repellant for those who may want to get into anime, but don't know where to start.

Anyway, here is the link to that list.

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
Pfotegeist
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2021, 09:15:01 PM »

I watched Kaiba ~2 years ago. No bs, I had to watch it several times to even start to appreciate the melodramatic humor at the beginning. But eventually I was trying to figure out if blood colors predicted whether someone was a synthetic body properly.

Spoiler: The choice of the author that "memory" would be a type of exotic matter that is almost a gas bubble at first, can become solid naturally over time, or anything really for someone who lives forever ie. astronomically oversized memories, was noteworthy. And the use of artificial memory chips to blur the value of natural memory and the cycle of life and death is of course an existential problem we will have irl some day.

The hidden story of Warp is the plant Kaiba can somehow create false, emotionally disturbing memories, to poison its prey. Seen from the computer core's P.O.V. Warp invests in a single planet. After the first encounter with Kaiba he sets up weapons that can destroy Kaiba without him, but he also begins to produce different colored memories reflecting his disturbed emotion. Somewhere around here, people forget he exists, and it's not clear why he decides to begin cloning himself, but it sounds like he was trying to die, and let the next version of him take over. Then this happened.

Plot hole. Warp's psychic ability seems like something he naturally developed over his life time of eons. If it's locked into his original body, I don't know why a clone has it. Ok... theoretically, he can give anyone psychic powers with some artificial memories, but only an exact clone can survive using it.

Plot hole. The fact everyone's so meticulous about saving memories, but they remain almost powerless and there's no virtual reality solution in this hyper-futuristic vision of the world, makes them look really pathetic. Just waiting for Warp to do everything?

I suppose there's more, the most affluent people and therefor oldest chronlogically desire to be immortal children forever, it's easy to erase bad memories here, forgetting things can lead to childish behavior or ignorance. Warp outright wants to "get rid of them" when the computer brings up such behavior, because he forgot his true childhood, maybe? He also calls them deviants, the translation was vague. He actively devalues children and immediately eliminates mistakes, yet from his perspective, that's everyone.

Alright I started watching Kaiba again now, when the old man sits down I remembered the majority of the show is actually exploring the extents of memory, as a concept, as a physical thing that can be created, altered, or destroyed, whether it's in your head or outside it, and as a projection through another medium involving art or language.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 10:36:11 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2021, 10:58:50 AM »

Masaaki Yuasa really likes to color code everything, so well

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: July 12, 2021, 05:58:24 PM »

so, I want answers: decode the rainbow!

Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2021, 12:34:25 AM »

Everything Masaaki Yuasa touches is gold

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
Pfotegeist
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2021, 05:12:39 AM »

There was some symbolism I can only extrapolate from. The symbol of Warp, an arrow pointing at his head, and the one mind society, with the symbol of a plant with an arrow stem.

There were elderly people who all accept false memories, including information bias, and they interpret lacking memories with disdain. I suppose this is artistic license. This suggests Warp's memory isn't as good as he thinks, he remains inflexible because he's old and wise, if he read the people around him he could believe the fundamental differences make them a bad model for his own mind, but even the person with the most accurate memory in the universe can be edited by a chomping plant.

Extrapolation. So, people around him saw a difference, and they began a campaign of intervention, forming the symbols, but with his distrust, Warp easily throws them out of the old palace, and within no time at all, 80 years, he and computer could have made as many of these clones of himself we see, plus the tomb full of memory chips, with enough time for a few of them to grow very old.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2021, 04:36:34 PM »

Jeez

I'm Standing on a Million Lives episode 6

This show's definitely gone down the path of lessons in morality.

At 9:35 the girl describes teenage girls bullying to establish social hierarchy, and that running to some outsider for help is basically cheating the childish game they play.

At 10:00 the girl changes direction and talks about real world oppression. And the character who's supposed to be learning from this is clueless, because this world they're in is a game. Then the native gets up in arms, because he was just talking about how great everything is, and the girl suggested change.

This seems to suggest that, in a real scenario, getting outside help is necessary when in danger, but a use of force and prolonged oppression is morally bankrupt like slavery.

Since I feel like I just went through this the short debate really hit me. Of course in the current American system, they justify that adults are children, so all actions are justified with the premise that the average adult is incapable of autonomy in the first place, or a great number of strangers know what's good for them, or they're too dangerous not to incapacitate.

Generally it's simpler to fight fire with fire. The average adult doesn't deserve autonomy, so someone working for the government can't deviate from a script, they should be a robot. A great number of strangers know what's good for them, so the power of a judge or doctor is worthless in the face of a larger crowd, such as the internet. A person is too dangerous not to incapacitate, this means the people who display force on a regular basis must be dangerous enough to scrutinize, at all times. The government needs consent of the people it's protecting.

But, currently, in practice, there are "little kings" who rule local governments, and control the election results. And despite the boast of politics, I've... not accidentally encountered much about it online. I've seen people topically slapping bad decisions big officials have made. But, I understand the people in charge simply choose to enforce what they like, so ultimately the people they protect can change the laws, to no avail.

There wasn't a big revelation by the end of season 1. I think I'll peruse the manga. My initial reaction was a bit exaggerated.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:35:54 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
BiggestBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2021, 12:52:33 AM »

try Blood Blockade Battlefront  Gentleman

https://discord.gg/x2CYbMJBrV
We created a new server for ROK.This server is just starting out,we need members!
We can just talk about life,animes,food or something interesting!
Join us if you are convenient!Have a nice day~!
BiggestBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 16, 2021, 01:33:54 AM »

Tokyo Revengers (Japanese: 東京卍リベンジャーズ)
is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Ken Wakui. It has been serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine since March 2017. An anime television series adaptation by Liden Films premiered in April 2021. A live-action film adaptation was released in Japan in July 2021.

I have just finished the anime and going to read the manga! Although the hero is very weak even always crying, the plot is very passionate, 5* recommended!

https://discord.gg/x2CYbMJBrV
We created a new server for ROK.This server is just starting out,we need members!
We can just talk about life,animes,food or something interesting!
Join us if you are convenient!Have a nice day~!
Andersk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2021, 03:18:49 PM »

I love classic anime, but I keep up with current anime too.

The one anime I recommend to EVERYONE (and it doesn't get enough love) is Welcome to the NHK.

Also the novel that was inspiration for the anime is amazing too!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic