Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:32:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessJoining forces to create uber press list per country
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Joining forces to create uber press list per country  (Read 932 times)
frankster
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:21:53 AM »

Compiling a press list can be a daunting and for some too boring of a task. Then there's sometimes also a language barrier to find sites in countries you don't speak the language of. It makes it waaaay harder to find anything useful. So I had the idea of sharing the sites you know from your home country, both big and small. That way we can all put together a more varied list of sites, that not only include the big American sites that most people will know (and often be ignored by) anyway.

Hope we can get something going on here Smiley.

I'm from The Netherlands, so I will share my contacts from Dutch and Belgian sites I know of:

365Gaming.nl   Twitter: @365_gaming   # Followers: 470   Coverage type: All platforms
4Gamers.be   Twitter: @4gamershq   # Followers: 1100  Coverage type: All platforms
9lives.be   Twitter: @9lives   # Followers: 1800  Coverage type: All platforms
Entert1.nl   Twitter: @Entert1   # Followers: 380   Coverage type: All platforms
Eurogamer.be   Twitter: @EurogamerNL   # Followers: 200   Coverage type: All platforms
Evilgamerz.com   Twitter: @Evilgamerz_nl   # Followers: 10      Coverage type: All platforms
Female-Gamers   Twitter: @FemaleGamers   # Followers: 740   Coverage type: All platforms
Fok!games   Twitter: @foknieuws   # Followers: 3800  Coverage type: All platforms
Game4Me.be   Twitter: @Game4Mebe   # Followers: 140   Coverage type: All platforms
GameCensor.nl   Twitter: @GameCensor   # Followers: 150   Coverage type: All platforms
Gamed.nl                                              Coverage type: All platforms
Gamekings.tv   Twitter: @Gamekings   # Followers: 27400 Coverage type: All platforms
Gameliner.nl   Twitter: @gameliner   # Followers: 330   Coverage type: All platforms
GameParty.nl   Twitter: @GamePartyNL   # Followers: 320   Coverage type: All platforms
GameQuarter.be   Twitter: @GameQuarter   # Followers: 990   Coverage type: All platforms
Gamer.nl   Twitter: @GamerNL   # Followers: 5200  Coverage type: All platforms
Gamersnet.nl   Twitter: @GamersNET   # Followers: 8300  Coverage type: All platforms
GameSnack.be   Twitter: @GameSnack   # Followers: 340   Coverage type: All platforms
Gamingnation.nl   Twitter: @Gamingnation_NL   # Followers: 140    Coverage type: All platforms
Geekster.be   Twitter: @geekster_blog   # Followers: 1200  Coverage type: All platforms and entertainment
nl.ign.com   Twitter: @IGNBENELUX   # Followers: 3500  Coverage type: All platforms
InsideGamer.nl   Twitter: @InsideGamer_NL  # Followers: 3700 Coverage type: All platforms
inthegame.nl   Twitter: @inthegamenl   # Followers: 1700  Coverage type: All platforms
Kijk-online.com   Twitter: @Kijkonlinegames  # Followers:   570  Coverage type: All platforms
Pixelcake   Twitter: @PixelcakeNL   # Followers: 430   Coverage type: All platforms
PowerUnlimited.nl   Twitter: @PowerUnlimited #Followers: 13900 Coverage type: All platforms
Thatsgaming.nl   Twitter: @thatsgaming_nl #Followers: 100   Coverage type: All platforms
Undercover-Network.net   Twitter: @UN_NL # Followers: 390 Coverage type: All platforms
XGN.nl           Twitter: @XGNnl           # Followers: 1700  Coverage type: All platforms
XPPOINT.be   Twitter: @XPpoint_Be   # Followers: 10    Coverage type: All platforms
GameDomein.net   Twitter: @GameDomein   # Followers: 180   Coverage type: All platforms besides PC
StarGamers.nl   Twitter: @StarGamersNL   # Followers: 230   Coverage type: All platforms, dedicated 'Indie'
DutchCowboys.nl   Twitter: @dutchcowboys   # Followers: 224100 Coverage type: All platforms, more tech oriented
Tweakers.net   Twitter: @tweakers      # Followers: 78300   Coverage type: All platforms, tech oriented
IndieFuture.com   Twitter: @IndieFutureBlog # Followers: 70   Coverage type: Focus on indie games
Fistbumpbros.com Twitter: @FistBumpBros   # Followers: 190   Coverage type: Mostly Let's Play reviews, no written stuff
DailyNintendo.nl Twitter: @DailyNintendoNL # Followers: 610  Coverage type: Nintendo only
N1ntendo.nl   Twitter: @N1ntendo    # Followers: 570  Coverage type: Nintendo only
PlayStation4Club.nl   Twitter: @PS4club   # Followers: 1600   Coverage type: PlayStation 4 only, only news
PressXtoRevive.com   Twitter: @PressXtR   # Followers: 130   Coverage type: PlayStation only
PS3Life.nl   Twitter: @PS3Life   # Followers: 360   Coverage type: PlayStation only
PSX-Sense.nl   Twitter: @psxsense   # Followers: 2300  Coverage type: PlayStation only
XboxNederland.nl Twitter: @xbonenl   # Followers: 240   Coverage type: Xbox only
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:50:08 AM by frankster » Logged
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:55:41 PM »

Hi!

To be very honnest, I find it surprising that you're posting this here. I have the feeling that this work of gathering press contacts is some sort of taboo, something every dev has to do secretly, and that most won't share. I agree it would be a nice timesaver to have a common database, although the main issue would be to maintain it. The other issue is that in my opinion, it's better to target specific writers for each outlet, in order to maximize the chances of being of interest to the reader, rather than writing to the info/contact address.
Finally, it may be stupid, but I don't know if the journalists themselves would want their email shared in plain sight like that (or else it wouldn't be such a challenge to find them on their websites....).

I am myself in the process of building a press list, but I have very few contacts in my own country, and each of them is for a specific writer who published something about a game similar to the one I'm working on, so I don't feel very comfortable sharing it. I (and others probably) appreciate your gesture, but I'm not even sure I will use it, since the idea of sending one big email templates without any personal research on the outlet goes against my intentions. Again, it might be stupid, but I'm not exactly a marketing expert...

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
frankster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:44:27 AM »

You might be right there. I'll just remove the email addresses, but I still think compiling a list of websites at the minimum could be of great value. A lot of sites I would have never found if I didn't follow developers from that country and seeing them retweet articles in their native language. By at least having a list of sites every developer can look into it themself if they can target a specific editor or not.

As I sometimes help other developers with sending their press releases I keep my own press list pretty well up to date. I could make a public Google doc with only websites, without editor mail addresses, that I'll maintain myself. Depending on interest of course.
TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »

It would be nice to setup a public google sheet to share this info, similar to this list of youtubers.

But to have an available repository of public contacts, twitters etc. I mean public in the sense of contact information you can find available on the internet. I feel it's kind of unprofessional to disclose someone else's email if you happen to get it from the person itself in an event or something like that.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic