Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

 
Advanced search

1347615 Posts in 61901 Topics- by 53552 Members - Latest Member: SweetieBun

September 22, 2018, 07:51:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Greenlight] Voonny: now with crazy masochist animals
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Greenlight] Voonny: now with crazy masochist animals  (Read 1540 times)
MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »

#Support the game on GREENLIGHT!!!! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868728507







Voonny is the history of a masochist bunny that hurts itself trying to kill its enemies with its blood to reach as far as possible in a series of procedurally generated dungeons.

This voodoo rabbit uses different weapons, power ups and tricks to inflict the maximun damage to enemies (and itself) in the first SUICIDE-LIKE game.



  • Unique [ life = bullets ] game mechanic.
  • A lot of weapons to satisfy your internal masochist
  • Procedurally generated dungeons with perma death.
  • Different enemies with crazy IA.
  • A shop to buy skins, new weapons and other stuff.
  • A lot of powerups that ensures infinite replayability.
  • An adorable animal eating a grenade!
  • Retro graphics and modern gameplay.
  • XBOX360 controller support.



Hi! i'm the guy working on this game. My name is Max and let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas to add/improve the game.



This is an early access game. The main goal is to add more content driven by community (the core of the game is ready with more than 2 hours of frenetic gameplay).



Technical details:
* Game Engine: Unity3D
* Pixel art editor: Aseprite
* Development time: 400 hours.
* Version: 0.2.0
* Game resolution: 640 * 360
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:06:08 AM by MaxTexeira » Logged

MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:54:27 AM »

#Devlog entry 1

Today i´m going to talk about the level edition in Voonny. The game is a roguelike, so have fixed levels could be boring as long as you play. To avoid that situation and have some ¨design control¨ i created this tiny level template editor in Unity.

As you can see, the level editor works in runtime mode and i think that in runtime you have a lot of tools available to create any kind of thing.

In Voonny, every level is composed with 8 randomly generated templates, some of them with probability blocks. A main path is created in order to ensure a reacheable exit in the dungeon.

Red marked tiles are probability blocks, for example 30% of chances of spawn a wood box and 70% to spawn a solid block.
This is necessary to ensure curious situations like open/closed passages to extra zones with gold treasures and powerups.

The level editor exports ScriptableObjects assets with all the level info using one string code per tile and a parser parses it to generate the levels.



The level editor has:

  • Load and save functionallity
  • Override and create new templates
  • Filter by main or secondary template
  • Filter by supported template direction
  • Filter using OR or AND
  • Live editing

Logged

MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »

Hey! i was searching one edit file of the project and suddently i found with this old sketch of voonny main character. What do you think about the old one vs the new one? :D

Logged

Lizzard
Level 0
**



View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:40:35 PM »

That looks super cool!
Probably something i'm going to try.

But as cool as it looks, the trailer is equally confusing!
There is just too much going on and it's not clear what's actually happening.
I had to watch it multiple times to get it, but probably that's just me.  Screamy

Good luck!
Logged

I made "Ratz Instagib"!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/338170/

Currently working on "Roguelite Platformer with Online Coop"
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65659.0

Follow me on Titter!:
https://twitter.com/LinoSlahuschek
MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 06:14:47 AM »

Thank you Lizzard! I appreciate a lot your feedback, i'm gonna redo the trailer, i think that the scrumble of things on it confuses the player a lot and i didn't notice it until your comment.  Embarrassed
Logged

MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 02:54:03 PM »

This was the original concept mockup of Voonny. What do you think guys?


Logged

smgorden
Level 0
***


Gentleman Programmer


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »

Awesome.
I like everything I see here.
Logged

Makin' games.
MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »

Haha, thanks smgorden! you're welcome in the blog :D

#DEVLOG ENTRY 2

Today i'm gonna to talk about the animations and the magic. The animations on the game are hand made frame by frame. My thoughts at the time to draw the animations are related to the most retro gore game (DOOM) so i studied a lot the sequences of death to give Voonny more personality. At same time, playing with 12 principes of animation i could create more memorable frame sequences.

This is an improved version of the grenade attack. The previous one have 12 frames, this one have 20 and i want to add 4-5 more extra frames :D. What do you think? Should i improve it?

Logged

Froschlaich
Level 5
*****


Formerly _glitch


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »

Interesting idea. I will follow the development. But don't let Pfotegeist find this thread.
Logged

You can support my current projects by donating Bitcoins.
My wallet ID: 17Wyujrzbh7A6g1uyGP3JVBq3roHQh2zvJ
MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 07:49:17 AM »

#DEVLOG entry 3

Hi guys! i was very bussy working on other projects and problems of the life  Shrug but i managed to add more content to Voonny. Today, i'm gonna present two new characters for the game:

Batty the bat & Froggy the frog. They aren't skins because every character in the game have a special ability. For example Froggy can do a massive melee attack but in counterpart he can only move by jumping.
Batty can suck blood from enemies to regenerate and have an extra jump but her vision range is very short so you can't see the complete play zone :D

What do you think about the new characters and their strong/weak points?


Also, don't forget to support the game on Greenlight
goo.gl/f0wz9d  Beer!
Logged

MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 07:50:00 AM »

Interesting idea. I will follow the development. But don't let Pfotegeist find this thread.

Thanks Froschlaich :D and welcome to the devlog.
Logged

MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »

#DEVLOG entry 4

Added more animations and personality to the two new characters :D. What do you think about the frog one?
[The item is the samurai sword!]

Logged

jctwood
Level 10
*****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 05:02:50 PM »

Is the frog happy to be getting stabbed?! I love that early mockup of the game with the saw flying back and forward. The idea that different characters move differently too is cool. Look forward to more!
Logged

MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 09:50:06 AM »

Is the frog happy to be getting stabbed?!

Yup! he doesn't give a fuck about inmolation haha

I love that early mockup of the game with the saw flying back and forward. The idea that different characters move differently too is cool. Look forward to more!

Thanks! i'm very happy to count with your support :D, also welcome to the devlog  Gentleman
Logged

MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »

#DEVLOG entry 5

I miss screenshot saturday  Shrug Anyway, this is the new animation for Froggy and Batty. I try to add some 2nd and 3rd motion actions in all my animations. What do you think about the results?  Hand Knife Right Hand Knife Right Hand Knife Right Hand Knife Right

Logged

gantt
Level 0
**


View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »

I like your gameplay mechanics and the theme Smiley
Logged

Founder & Chief @Bluword<br />Read the stories of game developers at Bluword
MaxTexeira
Level 0
**



View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »

I like your gameplay mechanics and the theme Smiley

Welcome gantt! thanks for your comment. Stay tunned to see another update today :D
Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic