Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:13:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNight in the Woods
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Night in the Woods  (Read 1407 times)
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:12:47 PM »

It's good.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »

Post a screenshot and prove it, coward
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 11:00:39 PM »

It's been something like five years right? Hard to believe. It's really discouraging actually, in a way.

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »

looks like twitter
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:14:00 AM »

It's been something like five years right? Hard to believe. It's really discouraging actually, in a way.

Spoilers!!!!!
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 07:36:23 AM »

looks like twitter

@dril was the co-writer
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »

I would prefer a day at the beach but "to each they are owned"
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »

from each according to what they own, to each according to what they are owned
sevrl bats
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 03:26:30 PM »

it is Good and Sweet and Sad and it's made me laugh aloud into a mic a few times although I feel like in my meandering recordmaking I'm still very much in the opening act

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLthy_7Cf1CTJo8f9qixIHhl_T6la3tR-9 if anyone wants to see it in axion. things maybe start getting painful when I start trying to commit to character voices. O Discordia.

I'd been assuming it was mostly a wandering story of a game with some light platforming and actiony minigame-y bits, but Scott Benson on tweeter made a comment that 75% of what people are expecting about the game is wrong. so far my assumption seems to fit, but I'm thinkin there might be more sustained "gameplay-focused" bits later on. even if there aren't, more walking simulators should give you the ability to do a Mario 64-style "your third jump is a superjump." really I just want to hit A forever and see things happen as a result don't judge my ambitions

also it has a totally plot-unconnected mini-action roguelike video game within a video game baked into it, which is a pretty cool thing to do

there Capn I gave you a first impressions review surprise
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 04:02:10 PM »

[furious shrieking dubbed over with breaking glass]
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 03:25:39 AM »

It was good. I expected different from the ending but it was okay. I feel like a ton was rewritten from what it was at the beginning of development (obviously, as it goes) I'd be interested in what it was to begin with though.

Good job ay, worth the wait. Beer!

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 04:37:29 AM »

Yeah, just finished this today, it was really great. I didn't expect anything more than just a cute little game, and was thoroughly impressed very quickly, and it just kept on getting better. It has charm for days. My favorite game so far this year!

Don't get in there with too high expectations and I think you should have a pretty wonderful 12-ish hours with it. With all the enthusiasm I'm seeing around social media for the game, I hope it wont warp peoples's expectations too much, that might spoil the experience a bit. It's still mostly just a game about cartoons talking about their feelings!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:44:40 AM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »

it's a game about how cartoons talk about their feelings with interesting mechanical choices regarding the blend of adventure game design and direct control and that is the thing that i liked the most perhaps. it's basically a much better version of oxenfree with slightly worse pacing.

actually that's a bad comparison, as oxenfree was more gung-ho about constant conversations and insanely tight pacing, whereas NITW is very contemplative and about getting into an exploratory routine in a small town, like a friendly version of cartlife.

ok comparisons suck, night in the woods is just nice and i recommend it. it's very cathartic.

(i really liked oxenfree)

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 02:31:38 PM »

Is there something special you noticed about the mechanical choices? I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary on that front, its kind of like a dating sim almost, where your main larger-scale choice is which of your friends you spend your time with, and then smaller dialogue choices within the scenes that im not too sure are affecting much mechanically. Did I miss something?

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 04:35:33 PM »

what happened this month? there was a like a rush of good games, i don't want to spend more money on this Sad
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 05:15:57 AM »

Is there something special you noticed about the mechanical choices? I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary on that front, its kind of like a dating sim almost, where your main larger-scale choice is which of your friends you spend your time with, and then smaller dialogue choices within the scenes that im not too sure are affecting much mechanically. Did I miss something?
Well there's a little bit of commentary based on how well you do in the minigames, I don't think it changes much overall.

There's also some stuff that changes depending on whether you talked to certain people or not.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic