Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:31:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCiel Fledge (Daughter Raising Simulation)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Ciel Fledge (Daughter Raising Simulation)  (Read 5176 times)
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2017, 12:39:11 AM »

Hi, I'm num. This is a game our team has been working on for quite a while. Allow me to present our game in development:

TRY THE ALPHA BUILD DEMO:
ITCH.IO
GAMEJOLT
STEAM

Description

Ciel Fledge is a game about raising and managing your (adopted) daughter in a dying world. You are responsible for raising her over the span of 10 years. What she becomes entirely depends on how you raise and guide her. Will she be humanities savior? The villain that ends humanity? Perhaps it would be better for her to lead a normal life, oblivious of the dire situation the world is in...

A glimpse of the gameplay:

In summary, the game is inspired and taking gameplay elements from Princess Maker, Monster Rancher, and Idolm@ster.

Interact with her.        

Plan her schedule for the week and supervise her activities.

Sometimes she will go into conflict with others.

Features:

• Your daughter will grow over time depending on how you raise her (being taller, shorter, more muscular, etc.)
  • Procedural interaction between parent and child
  • Full equipment customization
  • "Epic" (subjective) plot spanning three chapters
  • Multiple, branching endings depending on your playstyle

Screenshots:

About Us:

We are Studio Namaapa a very tiny gamedev team from Indonesia, so forgive our bad english and grammar if you notice it on my writing  Embarrassed. Ciel Fledge is our second game in development, its music and sound composition will be handled by M4uesviecr.

The game is currently still in development. You can follow us on our social media to get in touch and follow the development.  Coffee

Devlog Index:
[Ciel Devlog#01] Introduction
[Ciel Devlog#02] Boneless Chicken Avocado
[Ciel Devlog#03] New (not really) Team Member Approaches!
[Ciel Devlog#04] Building Shop Menu and Interfaces
[Ciel Devlog#05] The Music of Ciel
[Ciel Devlog#06] Holy Sword Excalibur -Slice System Up Edition
[Ciel Devlog#07] The Importance and Complexity of User Interfaces
[Ciel Devlog#08] Closing The Gameplay Loop
[Ciel Devlog#09] Magnum Buster -Content Genesis-
[Ciel Devlog#10] Road to Minimum Viable Product
[Ciel Devlog#11] UI Change… Wait, Now?
[Ciel Devlog#12] Music of Ciel Part 2
[Ciel Devlog#13] Adding More Conveniences and Gamepad Support
[Ciel Devlog #14 ~ 16]
[Ciel Devlog #17] Adding Schedule Save Slots And An Announcement
[Ciel Devlog #18] Kickstarter Launched! Plus, Some Content Updates
[Ciel Devlog #19] More Activities “Battle Mini-games” Variation
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:11:01 PM by numfanklewhat » Logged
Rnd--
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 01:41:01 AM »

Cool game bro...
I want to see this game Wink
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:35:35 AM »

Cool game bro...
I want to see this game Wink

Thanks!  Smiley

And now time for some update!

Last week we are working on the visual and design of the shop to buy/sell items and equipments.

The first iteration of the design looks like this:

But I'm not quite satisfied with so many color clashing especially with the icons seems to blend with the background and is not easy to differentiate. After a few revisions ahead we come up with this design, which look more clear and distinct:

Basically the idea is, aside of the usual of buying selling items, you can also visit the place, interact with the owner of the place, the people, or bumping with another NPCs who is shopping there too. Depending on Ciel's CHA and related skills, she may also haggle and getting cheaper price, that's what the haggle button is for!

Here's the "shopping" in action:

Midnight shopping with Ciel:

With the shop pretty much done technically (except for the "haggle" system) we are now working on the Exploration system where you can take your daughter on an adventure throughout the pretty much dying world.

See you in the next update for bits about the exploration!
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »

While we are still working on the exploration bit (unfortunately nothing interesting to show yet), here's the next bi-monthly devlog! If you prefer to read the devlog on our site, the link is here! The previous devlog can also be accessed here!

[Ciel Devlog #04] Building Shop Menu and Interfaces

For the last two weeks we are working to build shop menu where you can buy/sell items and equipments. It's nothing fancy but we are trying to make it as simple and intuitive as possible. Basically before you go "shopping" you pretty much have to schedule your daughter to do it in advance from the schedule menu (which is pretty much the most important menu of the game where your decision is made there).

After that, in the automated turn, you will be presented with another interface where you can select which shop your daughter will visit and what item do you want her to buy. Pretty simple really. Aside from the simple usual shopping system, we decided to add "haggle" mechanics. Taking advantage of your daughter stats that you can train such as 'Charm, Charisma, and Math' she can haggle the price of any items/equipments and make it cheaper for her.

Another aspect from the shop menu we want to implement is item/equipment stocks. Each shop will have limited stocks of everything depending on their rarity and value, some items are abundant while the others might be scarce. At the moment this is still work in progress, but I think you got the general idea of this supply/demand system.

Here's the animated gifs of shopping in action! (also in previous post):

Redoing and polishing the interface (yet) again

One of the biggest gripe of this game for me is to come up with the interface that is simple enough that even a 5-years old can understand instantly and intuitively without any guide or dragging tutorial. Considering the actual complexity of the game (despite of its cutesy appearance) and the need of so many interface and visual cues it's proven to be really hard to do.

The schedule menu interface is the biggest offender of the "too complex interface" so far. Currently it looks like this:

In this menu you need to select player activity, weekly meal plan, and 7 days of your daughter activity. All lined up at the list on the right side, while the wide, window selection at the left is the available choice corresponding to what you are currently selecting and set up in the list at the right side. The colorful button at the top of the left side is the sort/filter button, to sort the selection based on its categories. Pretty confusing right? Especially considering the overload of information with so many descriptions and buttons at once on screen. This is the second iteration of the schedule menu revamp, it used to looks like this before:

Even more confusing right?

Anyhow this will be a tough homework for me. Hopefully I can come up with better design that is nice to look at and easily understandable at a glance.

Next is the slight change on the interface such as icons, buttons, and windows. At the beginning of the development, I actually fell for the Flat UI meme only to realize it looks horrible with the artstyle we are going with, and is too unsophisticated. So I decide to change it slightly and give it more character and depth with emboss and outline effects:

Old UI set

New UI set

Now at least the interface is not as bland as the top flat UI anymore. Although the interface style might change again since these are all still quite early- actually middle way in development.

Well, I think that is all from me. Hopefully this devlog could inspire you, see you on our next Ciel devlog!
nam1995
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 08:01:14 AM »

Nice game you've got there. Looking forward to hear more from your progress. Smiley

numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 04:02:12 AM »

Nice game you've got there. Looking forward to hear more from your progress. Smiley

Thank you very much!  Grin

A little follow up from previous devlogs, I finally nailed the interface change for schedule menu to be more clear and the player will know exactly that the list is clickable!

Previous:

No indication that the list is clickable at glance.

Now (still a bit rough tho):

On every row of the list there are now buttons with icons that indicate their function, and most importantly a visual cue that it is clickable!
foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 04:42:25 AM »

The battle system looks interesting, and I like the new UI!  Smiley

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 06:46:53 PM »

The battle system looks interesting, and I like the new UI!  Smiley

Thank you! (Unrelated but love the monsters in your signature! I'll find some time this weekend to try the game)

-----------------------------------------------

Moving on to another subject, this week mini update is about designing characters gesture to be used in dialogue mode. You can read the original article here at indiedb!

Every characters in the game will have their own animation in the dialogue mode, so it's not just a static portrait. It's pretty much inspired by 2D portrait animation made by live2D except that we are not using it since we can't *cough*afford*cough* it, so we just settle with simple animation using the game engine. Below is the example of one of the characters and her simple animation in dialogue mode:

And here's the planned character gesture to be used according to her expression/situation:

numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »

Time for new devlog this week. In this devlog we have our composer talking about Ciel Fledge music inspiration and composing process. You can read the original article at our website here! or at indiedb here!

[Ciel Devlog #05] The Music of Ciel

Hello there, everyone! This is Jasmine Cooper, the composer for Studio Namaapa's Ciel Fledge. I'm here to talk a little bit about Ciel's soundtrack! Having worked with Studio Namaapa before, I already knew that their vision for the music would be something unorthodox and out of my element. Cue: Excitement!

Ciel Reference Tracks

A lot of references have been pulled from late 70s/early 80s anime, 70s disco, and future funk, just to name a few influences! Here are some examples:

Dog Fighter (Superfortress Macross)
Galactic Funk (Casiopeia)
Dance in the Memories (Kimagure Orange Road)
Always You (Votoms)
(And a reference playlist for those interested in this style of music: Ciel Reference Playlist)

Hardware, DI, and a state of the art hydration system.

Soundtrack Ideas

With this being a daughter raising sim, ideas have centered around different styles associating with your daughter's age range. The first link, more posh and refined, would be for adulthood, Casiopeia, a more renegade style, for the teen years, and boppy, synth pop for your daughter's younger years! As she grows, so does the music.

Preparation

My time has been spent listening (as intently as possible), researching chordal structures, recreating pieces, and trying to get an idea of the sounds I want. Synthesizer timbres, looking for live musicians to play, experimenting with guitar timbres, bass playing techniques, hall sizes and re-creating mixing styles - A whole slew of exciting nonsense that I hope translate over well in the final product! So far, my first venture has been trying to create a theme for the character creation page.

~~
Whenever I write music, I try to roleplay as best as I can. I attempt to immerse myself in the world of the game, whether that be ask for descriptions of the times, read notes, study artwork, as well as listen to references. If I want to evoke a sense of an environment (let's say, rain), I'll find a soundsource, put it on, and try to compose with that environmental sound playing in the background. I attempted to put those practices to use as I worked on music for the character creation screen.

Vega and Grace, prominently heard in the Character Creation theme.

The Making of the Character Creation Screen

(Disclaimer, all excerpts are W.I.Ps and do not reflect the final version)

For the character creation screen, I wanted to drive home some of the underlying currents of the story behind Ciel that the player isn't cognitive of, but also give the player a sense of mystery. They (or you!) are entering a world they know little about, albeit having been a component of that world for many years. The goal: Give the player a sense of the setting while also exuding a heavy influence from the musical styles linked above. I had two initial ideas for the character creation screen..

~~
1. Character Creation #1

(Inspired by the ending [1:31] of the first link posted above. GORGEOUS, RIGHT?!)

~~
2. Character Creation #2

.. and they were both flops. Although Alfi liked #2, Riku, Walt, and I felt that the theme was too cheery, and we unanimously agreed that #1 was too serious.

I tried for a third attempt, taking into consideration the period, time, atmosphere, and a small idea sparked by this piece (primarily from the section at 4:47): Beautiful Dreamer

~~
3. Character Creation #3

This one was much closer to the emotions I wanted, although a couple agreed that it was still a bit too cheery. Knowing that, I pushed out another idea, or a section iteration, to see what the guys thought. Riku gave me a fantastic mood reference with a Pokemon track: Welcome to the World of Pokemon

More netrual. K, gotcha.

Virtual software that I use primarily for my string sounds (along with layering other vsts and sounds)

A bit more tinkering and I came out with this:

4. Character Creation 3 version 2

And ended up having a rather robust ending! After a couple more intense listenings, I felt that any resize in tension or emotion should be saved for a scene fitting such a need, i.e., not the character creation screen. The consistency of the snipper clips soundtrack drove that home for me: Snipperclips Main Theme
I felt that I pivoted and built a *bit* too much (at least for this particular version), so I opted on trying ONE MORE tangenital idea and...

5. Character Creation 3 version 3

I ended up with what will now be the official "sketch" of the Character Creation theme (minus a few minor, but major sound edits and some mixing)
--
Well, I apologize for the unapologetically lengthy post, but I hope seeing the ins and outs of one composer's techniques enlightens, or even comes off as mildly interesting, to some of you!
Thanks for reading/listening, and look out for the next Ciel Fledge Post!

Last but not least, don't forget to follow me on twitter and check out some of my other work here!
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 06:13:54 PM »

Devlog for this week is out, it's actually pretty short and talk mainly about system improvement and no eye candy (except our programmer art!) but if you are interested you can read it here!

In the meantime we are currently polishing the schedule menu so it will be more intuitive and easier to read:

Also implementing the new dynamic camera movement on the home screen, so the game feel less static and more dynamic!

That is all see you in the next update! A bit unrelated but for the sake of cuteness here is our new studio mascot:

If you want to see more of her, you can see it in our instagram!
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 07:45:18 PM »

Time for mini-update this week! Here are some of the things we are working with this game till this post!

Last week we implemented dynamic camera movement on the home screen. The new camera movement proved to be too much fun and we are still having fun (read: tweaking) with it so it's not becoming too nauseating.

Polishing and cleaning up ciel status menu where you can inspect her status, skills, and traits. You can see her main stats clearly now with addition of icons, also more information about her such as height, weight, and most importantly condition (she can get sick, depressed, hyped depending on the situation).

Lastly, we have also been cleaning up the schedule menu. This is the third major overhaul on the schedule menu, and I think we have if not already, completed our objective to make the menu less clustered, easy to read and intuitive enough!

With all the major interface and UI groundwork almost done, we are getting closer and closer to finish the basic gameplay loop and to actually having a playable and enjoyable demo! So stay tune and see you in our next progress update! Don't forget to also follow us on facebook and twitter for more update on Ciel Fledge!
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »

Update time! and we are on devlog #7, in this devlog our programmer is tackling his issue with the user interface  Addicted

The original devlog can be read here!. Otherwise the copy-pasted version can be read below:

General Development Progress

Hi, RikuoTanaka here!

Sorry for being a bit late with this devlog, I am busy with exams this week and the previous one.
And thanks to that, I have to take a break from development for now.
Don't worry though, as soon as the exams are over, I will jump right back in!
Even without me, it is progressing smoothly, as far as I can tell.

As far as my work goes, remember the Schedule Menu that numfank showed a few weeks back?
While he complained that it looks too complex, I think it looks fine back then(but then again,
I never really complain about any design he does, so... yeah).
Well, since then he redesigned the menu multiple times, which I implemented into the game.
And I have to say, it looks a lot better. Take a look yourself!

The button styles are now in tune with the rest of the other menus, and the information they provide are now easier to read as well. I have to give props to numfank for the new design. It really looks beautiful.
Oh, and did you notice that text at the bottom? From now on, every time you hover a button in the game, a neat little description will pop up to explain what it does! Like I said before, every small details count.

2 weeks ago, wltr3565 showed the Status Menu with the new icons.
What he didn't show however, was that the sub status menu also gets a similar treatment.

Similar icons to help distinguish between different types of skill.

The team has now started working on the new techniques menu. What does it look like? Find out in the next 2 weeks.

Why UI is important

So, with all of that out of the way, let's talk about something else.
Last time I discussed about the work that I do in Ciel, that is managing activity parameters.
This time I would like to talk about another aspect that I am working on, and that is the menus, or more specifically, User Interface.

Back in High School, I used to think that the most important aspect of a game is the gameplay system. That is, as long as you get the gameplay aspect fun, everyone can enjoy the game(specifically regardless of the graphics).
Nowadays, I understand that not just the gameplay, but every single aspect of a game is important.
Graphics that can define the setting and theme of the game, music and sound effects(or even lack thereof) that can set the tone, and of course, the gameplay system itself.
With this in mind, it's not so much about whether graphics are important or not, but rather what kind of direction you want the graphics of a game to be, and whether it is appealing and consistent with the theme or not.

User Interface, of course, is one part of the graphics. How you design the interfaces will certainly affect the feel of the game, albeit in a smaller scale compared to other aspects of the graphic.
Now designing the interfaces is one thing, implementing it in the code is another.
And I have to say, sometimes I feel very tired by just implementing them. It's not that I don't know how, but rather there are so many things to consider. The placements, length of text, animation, and so on.

And it is certainly not pleasant when you find out the result of your code to be not what you're looking for.
Especially since sometimes it takes a lot of time to compile the code and check it in the first place.

Prime Example of UI Done Right

All of those, and add in the fact that when someone talks about a game, the topic of its user interface rarely pops up. And when it does, usually it's because the menu is designed poorly or not working properly.

Basically, no one talks about the User Interface when it's good or okay.
...But then came Persona 5. And its gorgeous looking menus. Especially the battle ones.

I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. And that's the thing. All of a sudden, EVERYONE was talking about the game's user interface! And it even became a popular meme! And it's not broken, that's for sure!

The thing is, even before the game was released, I already looked at the battle menus from the trailers.
And even back then I thought it looked awesome. I can hardly find a game in which menus do not follow the traditional square(or almost square) shape design, and looks stylish, to boot.
Like I said, design is one thing, implementing is another. I already have some trouble implementing the menu design Ciel Fledge uses, so imagine my awe when I think about how the programmers implement that kind of stylish menu.
There should be a ton of things for the programmers to consider. And I imagine plenty of trial and error as well.

Lesson to Take

Looking at that menu made me realize that there is still a lot to learn for me, as a programmer.
It made me think, "THAT's the standard required for a professional programmer these days???"
But I guess I can't keep feeling down about that sort of thing. I can only keep moving forward, alongside the team.
Who knows, maybe there will be a time when I can implement the menus that Persona 5 has.

...The music of Persona 5 is awesome too, by the way. YOU NEVER SEE IT COMING....

And I guess that's all from me! Sorry for the longer devlog than usual. I promise the next one from me will be much, much shorter.

This is RikuoTanaka, signing out!
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 05:38:21 AM »

Tiny little update this time, I just want to show the new battle mode animations! It is completely overhauled and doesn't use the previous "poker" system again but rather, a simplified match-3 system.  Grin

numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 04:53:42 PM »

This week update is about devlog #8 and how we are close to finish the core gameplay loop. The original devlog post can be read here!

--------

Hi, back with me again, num, at our devlog #8 on Ciel Fledge. In case you didn’t notice the devlogs so far have been written by various author with different responsibilities within the team such as programmer, music composer, and game designer. You can read the previous blogs here!

In this devlog I want to talk about our current progress so far and how close are we to finishing Ciel Fledge core gameplay loop.

Progress Review

For the past few weeks, I have been working to make sure that every characters portrait has their own unique gesture to be animated! So dialogue won't be as boring with the characters only moving their lips with one portrait. Now, every characters have their own body gesture, not just facial expression

various character portrait gesture

character interaction mock-up

Aside of portrait designs, I also worked on overhauling most of the game menus to look pretty and consistent (much to the lead programmer dismay), also most importantly, to be intuitive enough that makes the player understand it quickly and easily.

the chaos in battle technique menu

battle technique in action!

Wrapping up

With all the gameplay core at its simplest almost ready. My workload is now getting a bit lighter. Mainly it's just making sure that the programming side works as intended with the design mock up and also "beautifying" everything, graphics wise. Looking for oddity in design, inconsistencies in portraits, wrong resolution and artifact in images.

Also, with all the gameplay, technical, and boring stuff in general tackled now. I can focus on actually writing the game's story and character dialogue/interactions. The part that is largely untouched by the team.

character creation summary

Conclusion

So, actually I want to write more, but writing devlogs is quite a struggle, especially if you don't have anything important or interesting (but need to do it anyway for all that views and exposures). Since I don't have any interesting stuff to write anymore aside of the above writing, I'll just conclude it here. I hope you enjoy reading this rather short devlogs. See you in the next devlogs! (spoiler: demo soon!)

Joh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 04:49:19 PM »

Seems like a very cool project you have in your hands. looks quite promising!
Read through the whole thing and it does look like you know what you're doing.
On the interface side its impressive how the already slick interface keeps being improved, don't go overboard about it though.

Regardless, looks a bit intimidating (not familiar with raising games I guess) but it seems fun and looks beautiful.
Interested in seeing where this goes:
keep it up!

numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »

Seems like a very cool project you have in your hands. looks quite promising!
Read through the whole thing and it does look like you know what you're doing.
On the interface side its impressive how the already slick interface keeps being improved, don't go overboard about it though.

Regardless, looks a bit intimidating (not familiar with raising games I guess) but it seems fun and looks beautiful.
Interested in seeing where this goes:
keep it up!

Thank you! My biggest concern is actually the interfaces (and I DO have a tendency to go overboard with it Facepalm). Since the game, is just like you say, a bit intimidating with lots of stats and numbers although in actuality, at its very core it's just a stat-raising game. So the interface must be easy enough to understand and slick to access to counter the intimidating part.
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 06:11:06 AM »

Time for update and these are some of the stuff we have been working last week!

A preview of the dialogue system in the beginning of the game where you can choose what you want to be called by Ciel. Also ring menu where you can pick a topic to talk with her.

Aside from the preview, we are also working on making an interactive tutorial since the game, especially its weekly scheduling aspect can be more confusing.

The tutorial will guide you side by side and let you practice assigning weekly schedule for your daughter while also prevent you from straying or accidentally pressing the wrong buttons. Practical guide is better than just reading text for tutorial.  Roll Eyes
foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »

Woa I never saw the Persona 5 menus! They look awesome, thanks for sharing. I've been meaning to play a Persona game and I think it's high time I do it.  Mock Anger

About your UI, honestly I get overwhelmed with complicated menus with lots of numbers, and I prefer having things hidden in a more streamlined system, but maybe that's just me. Yours is still pretty clean and clear, though. Smiley

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 06:01:24 AM »

Woa I never saw the Persona 5 menus! They look awesome, thanks for sharing. I've been meaning to play a Persona game and I think it's high time I do it.  Mock Anger

Glad that post could be an inspiration to you! Honestly, I haven't played the game too haha.

About your UI, honestly I get overwhelmed with complicated menus with lots of numbers, and I prefer having things hidden in a more streamlined system, but maybe that's just me. Yours is still pretty clean and clear, though. Smiley

Thanks! I can relate on having overwhelmed with complicated menus so I'm working to make it not complicated as hard as I can!
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 07:48:19 PM »

It's time for devlog #09!

In this devlog our programmer is talking about his works on making the intro scene and in-game tutorials. The original blog can be read here.

---------------------------

The focus of this week is the game’s tutorial, explaining how to play the game. This is a complex raising game, which is coincidentally, a number-crazy game… So I hope the tutorial will make you more familiar with the game’s flow first than its mess of numbers.

But more importantly, the numbers. The very goal of raising in this game is to perform well in Battles. So we take a lot of care for the Battle tutorial. There will be a lot of text, but it won’t be too restrictive. You can safely mess up the Battle in here at a certain point, so take your time in Battle tutorial.

This week we have remade the introduction scene. The old one… let’s say the director wasn’t happy. But darn, this one is done with in-game engine. What a pain in the butt.

With the tutorial part is more or less done, we hope that we can continue on building the game’s actual content. We have been doing too much refinement for the game’s systems. Very tiring.

Oh, why are you posting some screenshots that are taken with a camera, you ask? Actually, I want to show you guys how the game currently fare when played on TV. The project has been in development for a pretty long time, so I want to chronicle how far the game has progressed, including when viewed on TV. It’s pretty nice actually when viewed in person.

Plus, I want to make sure that the game looks good in a big screen on a convention.

The last system that we have to consider is the one that will map how the story progresses. I REALLY pray that it’s the last system that the team has to work on! Till next time.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic