Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:04:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsArtist looking to collaborate with programmer on short, quick-to-make 2D games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist looking to collaborate with programmer on short, quick-to-make 2D games  (Read 517 times)
jesseb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »

Hi,

I'm a designer and 2D/3D artist and have released a few games on Steam - the static speaks my name (which has 500,000 downloads and 20 million+ views on YouTube), and Bucket Detective (released 9 days ago, but so far written up in Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, IndieGames.com, and a few other places). I'm looking for a programmer to work with on short, quick-to-make 2D games. As in games that take less than 5 minutes to play and 2-4 weeks to make. Check out my game Jump To Win for an idea of what I'm talking about:

As for how the collaboration will work, I was thinking we take turns being the designer/project lead. So you do programming/design on the first one while I do art, then I do design/art on the next one while you do programming. I just came off a two year project so I'm fine if you want to be lead designer on the first one. I do have plenty of ideas though if you're only looking to program, but happy to go back and forth with design if you'd like. More than anything I'm looking for someone who I have fun working with and who is excited to make interesting things.

You should be... a programmer who has completed at least a few games (or at least has a bunch of solid prototypes and really knows what they're doing). Preferably you have experience with Unity or Game Maker, but if you have another engine you work in I'm flexible. Most importantly I'm looking for someone who is self-motivated and understands what kinds of games can and cannot be made in a 2-4 week time period. If you think we can make a multi-class crafting RPG, this isn't the collaboration for you. I want to make and finish things quickly, with an emphasis on experimentation, and not get bogged down on one game for more than a month.

Also, I make pretty weird games and have a very specific art style, so someone with a dark-ish sense of humor is important. If you don't like my previous games or my art you won't like anything else I make.

So, if you think we'd work well together, send me a message or email me (thewhalehusband at gmail) with links to some of your work and let's chat! And if you want to see more of my work you can find me at http://www.thewhalehusband.com

Here are some of my games and art:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:41:45 PM by jesseb » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic