Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:24:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignNeed feedback for game studio logo design
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need feedback for game studio logo design  (Read 807 times)
MaD_ego
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:48:28 AM »

Hi everyone!

We are currently choosing a logo for our studio and we need some feedback to improve this logo design prototype. Gentleman

What do you think ?
whistlerat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:56:28 AM »

The concept is solid, but it's way too high-detail to be a proper logo; you'll need it to be readable when it is much, much smaller, which means simplifying it down to its most key components. It's a cute design of a wooden cabin in its own right, although there's a difference in quality throughout; the logs in the roof, vines and grass are much more detailed/refined than the horizontal planks and the green ground, for example. Do you have any other iterations that you tried out/are choosing between?

MaD_ego
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 07:05:56 AM »

I agree with you. I think there are too much differences between the elements in term of quality. We have tried a pixelated design but it was much more detailed(More than this one). We will try to make it more readable, more simple keeping the basis of this concept.
whistlerat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:23:51 AM »

You've got a relatively strong silhouette and basic shapes already - you could experiment with keeping all that, and just remove the layers which are adding the detail. Maybe simplify the windows/door, and either remove or enlarge/make bolder the lamp and vines, and you should have a cabin that's readable from a much smaller size. Try to think about it in terms of values, too, IE if you were to turn it greyscale, would it still look as good? Is there enough contrast? Overall it's all quite light now, with the darkest parts being in the windows. Having it all light could still look fine if you place it against a dark backdrop - there are so many fun things to do with logos, not just having a static image over text Smiley

I realised I forgot to comment on the text - I'm not a huge fan of the font, though picking colours from the image is sensible, and having the two words be two colours is an effect I like.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 12:38:57 PM »

Quick sketch:

Even this would be still too detailed if you are aiming for a classic logo, suitable for small sizes. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic