Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:47:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat do you like writing?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What do you like writing?  (Read 713 times)
Claude Ruelle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2017, 06:25:15 AM »

Hey folks,

I'd really like to know what is you favorite genre/idiom when it comes to writing music?

I personally love writing orchestral music in the style of the great Romantic composers. I know there's a wide variety of composers here with many different styles, so I'd love to hear about everyone's favorite style!

Best,
Claude.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:12:13 AM by Claude_Ruelle » Logged

Composer of Relaxing Life Sim Music.

www.clauderuelle.co.uk
JaeJaeAgogo
Level 0

Just gotta do it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:21:36 PM »

I tend to cater to mixing genres together. One of my favorite things I've done thus far is have a song that is completely based around around the piano...and then put a blues solo right in it. When it works, it's awesome. In that specific case, it worked out so well that the song completely changed to better accommodate the piano and bass.

That's one of my favorite things about vgm. You can take a straight up rock piece, then throw some flute or violin in it and suddenly it's at that next level!

It's crazy knowing I made these with my own hands: https://soundcloud.com/jaejaeagogo
zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »

If I wanted to make music for the sake of music, like my labor of love music would have to be kind of sound design based electronic music.

I highly recommend juggling lots of pieces of different styles to try to keep things fresh. If you end up writing LOTS of music in a short time the burnout can get pretty real, especially if it's all the same aesthetic.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic