Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:07:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWarlocks: God Slayers - fresh cast 'n slash experience
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Warlocks: God Slayers - fresh cast 'n slash experience  (Read 19444 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2017, 05:30:30 AM »

Did you know that we have a difference set of music for each location in Warlocks 2: God Slayers?
On top of that the each level's theme has its own battle variant accompanied by some climatic

http://bit.ly/warlocks2steam

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2017, 04:28:27 AM »

https://goo.gl/b97tQB - check out our newest devlog on our Steam page

We've just finished working on the new location selection screen, whatchya think?

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2017, 05:09:56 AM »

New location concepts

http://store.steampowered.com/app/628330/Warlocks_2_God_Slayers/ - add the game to your steam wishlist  Beg

BTW Fat Dog Games became our new publisher and thus the release will delay a few months, so we can polish the game up

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2017, 07:42:59 AM »

Nazgum
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »

New location concepts

http://store.steampowered.com/app/628330/Warlocks_2_God_Slayers/ - add the game to your steam wishlist  Beg

BTW Fat Dog Games became our new publisher and thus the release will delay a few months, so we can polish the game up

Love the Egyptian themed locations; especially the second screenshot, great color choices =)

A Bit Awake - 2P indie studio from Toronto, Canada, working on Helms of Fury!
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2017, 12:33:26 AM »

Thank you, Nazgum Smiley

Recently I've given a cool interview that goes into the differences between our first game and Warlocks: God Slayers among other things - https://garagebandgamers.com/interview-with-dushan-chaciej

Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2017, 09:33:57 PM »

Hey ANtY, can you tell, how you implementing that cool platforms depth/pespective effect with levels made of tiles?
I have some theories but wondering what's the good way of doing it.

HiddenNatureDsn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »

Wow, a lot of great pixel art in this one.  I'll definitely be following along.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2017, 10:18:07 PM »

@Shirsh: so on our scenes not everything is tiled, and in fact only the ground is made of tiles and the rest is added separately. And then some objects that should be far behind have a script attached to them that makes them move at a percentage  of perceived speed of the main layer (ground, player, etc.) so while the camera moves the background objects also move in the other direction a little, and they contradict that camera movement more if they're further in the background. So the sky moves at 10% while the closest layer of hills or sth will move at 70% the speed of ground.
Also making the sprites of objects that are further away from the camera to be less saturated and making them more blueish tinted to reflect the atmospheric sth helps.

But I have to be fair - making a cool paralax effect in a game with a lot of vertical movement is hella hard if you work in 2D. At least that's my experience, it was much easier and looked far better in our previous project (Warlocks vs Shadows) because of mostly flat levels.

@HiddenNatureDsn: thank you  Beer!

So I posted this animation at the very beginning. It's the first that our new animator, Sebastian, made for the game. Before that he was working in an ironwork(!).

And now these are some of his newer works, what do you think?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:26:29 PM by ANtY » Logged

Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2017, 06:20:36 AM »

Oh, sorry, I meant not parallax scrolling, thing that makes me curious is what the good way to percieve "perspective depth" effect on platforms top, do you draw sprites on a flat platform but sprite's bottom a bit lower on y axis than actual collision, or do you use some "upper/farther background-ish parts" for platform tiles? Or do you use invisible solid rectangular collisions and separately drawn tiles on top? Or did you find some better way maybe?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:27:09 AM by Shirsh » Logged

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2017, 10:15:14 PM »

oh, yeah, sorry!
yes, we just put the tile colliders a little bit below the top of the sprite

but at the beginning our programmer wanted to make the colliders of all characters moved up a little instead of offseting the ground ones :D

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2018, 03:21:12 AM »

Hello Travelers!

We're currently focusing on the enemies of the third world and we'd like to share some of the progress we've made so far.

Below you can see one of the neutral creatures that'll inhabit that world. It only becomes aggressive when attacked by a player in which case it transforms into a terryfing beast.

The non-neutral enemies of this planet are Fallen Warlocks, they once were the members of the famous Warlocks Order but recently followed their wicked leader along an evil path. Here's one of them, Warlock Witness:

What are your thoughts on these guys? Any idea on how to call the transforming critter?

Don't forget to add the game to your steam wishlist  Well, hello there!

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2018, 02:26:19 AM »

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791458057427/announcements/detail/3374753149404937680

Hello Travelers!

Recently we've spent some time working on the evolutions for familiars that you can have in Warlocks 2.

And today we want to share some more info on their first and second forms. There are also third forms but we'll keep them a secret for now.

Left to right: Grimbo, Aygoon, Trovy

Aygoon, the Drake
He's the only one with an attacking spell in his base kit. In his initial form he can also buff the HP of his Warlock. Later on he evolves into Goonay, the Dragon and gains an ability to increase his own Casting Speed as well as his Warlock's Attack Speed.

Grimbo, the Sloth
In his basic form he can heal and buff the armor of his Warlock. He has the lowest Casting Speed of all familiars but his buffs last long. When he evolves into Grimboire, the Sleeper he learns a buff that increases his Warlock's Casting Speed.

Trovy, the Shroom
Starts with a spell that grants his Warlock a temporary shield and a buff increasing Attack Damage. Trovar, the Mushroom is his second evolution in which he gains a buff to his Warlock's total health.

Their 3rd forms are where they obtain their most interesting abilities though.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2018, 05:54:42 AM »

In this devlog we would like to introduce you to another cool feature we've implemented into Warlocks 2: God Slayers - the Warlock Altars.
You'll see them rarely scattered across locations of all three of the game's worlds. Upon usage you'll be both granted a buff and will be subject to an immediate activation effect.

Raziel, the Fallen Angel is, like all the other altars, a character from our previous game (Warlocks vs Shadows). On activation you'll be healed and receive a health regeneration buff.

Rainer, the Guardian gives you a shield on activation and his buff improves your dodge chance for a few minutes.

Lissy, the Robot Girl is a trickier one. Upon activating her altar you will receive one out of these three random effects: medium heal, poison or resource refill. Additionaly her buff applies poison to your attacks.

And for the last one Iezabel, the Blood Mage. This one is a trade-off that you might not always want to take. On activation she strikes you for 1/3 of your HP. On the other hand her buff gives you a nice Life Steal aura.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2018, 02:31:34 AM »

Hello Travelers!

World 3 will be the final destination for all adventurous Warlocks. It's a place filled mostly with deserts with sparse population scattered among a few cities. Terrains between those settlements are extremely dangerous due to unfriendly flora and fauna inhabiting them.

Fortunately the few people (?) of this world are pretty friendly towards Warlocks, especially when it comes to trade.

So better make sure to come by a town whenever you get low on supplies during your missions. And don't forget to bring some trophies to trade in for powerful equipment and life-saving consumables.

tankorsmash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2018, 07:45:58 PM »

How this coming along? The art is still gorgeous and having evolutions sounds like a lot of fun

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2018, 10:30:16 PM »

we're finishing up the game and starting with ports atm

QbaSkr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2018, 06:13:59 AM »

New trailer

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2018, 06:22:34 AM »

Wishlisted. Can't wait to try it, this looks slick as shit.

Edit: It's has linux support! You're a king among men.

seras
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2018, 05:32:37 AM »

Also wishlisted. Additional + from me for the coop option

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic