Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 08:12:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWarlocks: God Slayers - fresh cast 'n slash experience
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Warlocks: God Slayers - fresh cast 'n slash experience  (Read 19597 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 05:35:42 AM »

Okay

took me quite some time but here goes the new trailer

And a refreshed GL page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888919580

Kebbab
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 06:03:28 AM »

Pixelart is amazing. I am sold. The trailer is short and sweet. I will definitely vote for the game. I can imagine the amount of work you had already put into this. Hope you get greenlit soon. I'm waiting for more beautiful locations and first coop gameplay gifs/videos Smiley

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 07:57:11 AM »

Okay

took me quite some time but here goes the new trailer

much better. I really like this one!

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »

thanks!

I also spent some time on reworking the Greenlight page, thoughts? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888919580

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 10:02:02 AM »

I also spent some time on reworking the Greenlight page, thoughts? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888919580

it's good, but I do have a few comments -

since your game is very pixel-y the very not pixel-y logo feels slightly out of place, especially heading the greenlight page. maybe do it in the same style as the game art? both look good they just don't feel like they fit great together. the image headers aren't so much of an issue but it might be cooler to do them over with an ingame font too

it is possible I could be in the minority here and that most of your views are coming from people who played the first warlocks? but I know nothing at all about the first game and so the fact that so much of the description is comparing this game to the first one is a little alienating. if you aren't very specifically targeting players who have already played the first game (in which case this is probably the right way to go about it) I would suggest still mentioning its predecessor, but describing this game's features in terms independent of the previous game.

e.g. perhaps change this

This time we’re much more serious (to a degree of course) about the story in our Warlocks game. You’ll be challenged with completing both main and side quests, all of them featuring dialogue and new gameplay elements - say no more to the boring tower-defense hordes of enemies!

to this

We’re taking story seriously in this Warlocks game. You’ll be challenged with completing both main and side quests, all of them featuring compelling dialogue and novel gameplay elements. Fight with the band to do the thing! Run with the giant warthogs and do another thing! Help your firebird friend familiar thing find true love!

I think the core features paragraph should probably be the one of the first things on the page tbh, it makes a good hook and is strange to only see it after scrolling to the bottom

and this last one is pretty small but I think a big enough deal to definitely change - on the page it says God Slayers is a brand new story, where our titled Warlocks now need to face the gods themselves, as apparently perishing the shadow monsters have pi**ed them off.

in many cases it is fully appropriate to use vocabulary like "pissed them off" when trying to describe your game in an appealing way. it's not that incongruous here, though I do think it might be a little better to reword in a way that doesn't have expletives if you're not that attached to the wording. but the reason I bring it up is because in almost no cases is vocabulary like "pi**ed them off" a good way to describe a game in an appealing way. (I'm guessing if the word was written out steam would censor it?) using asterisks like that feels a bit too silly for this game. I really suggest either writing out (if you can) or finding another way to word it
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »

Thanks a lot for the feedback! You're awesome, brah  Toast Right

made the changes on the GL page Smiley

and yup, I put the ** because Steam censors that word

Also I definitely agree with you that the majority of players (hopefully) didn't play the previous game

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 10:50:27 AM »

These are the stats after 6 days on GL

not the worst I guess
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:26:16 AM by ANtY » Logged

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »

here's a fun fact, these are the stats for our prequel, which was in every objective way a much worse game and presentation
and those weren't even the best GL times

here's the link, you can compare for yourself http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=259003629

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 01:12:46 PM »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888919580

first appearance in press, yay!

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 02:30:59 PM »

Got my thumbs up

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2017, 06:09:19 AM »

[deleted cuz the quality sucked]

testing the flavor dialogue one-liners feature in Warlocks 2: God Slayers
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:53:25 AM by ANtY » Logged

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2017, 01:54:51 AM »

Okay, so thanks to @GamesbyMiLu from Twitter I made an HD rework of that GIF

found this guy chillin' right outside the Svals' Camp in Warlocks 2: God Slayers ⚔️

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 06:28:18 AM »

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:31:24 AM by ANtY » Logged

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2017, 01:31:29 AM »

We're still trying to pass Steam Greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888919580  Hand Point Left Well, hello there!

SunWuKong
Level 5

Help me, help you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2017, 07:38:41 PM »

Wow - love the art and the work displayed here looks so charming!

-Tim

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 05:53:35 AM »

@SunWuKong: thanks :*

http://frozendistrict.com/2017/04/10/enemies-of-warlocks-2-pan-god-minions/

Svalbard is the first world of Warlocks 2: God Slayers. Among the enemies you’ll meet while traveling through it, deadliest are Pan God’s minions. Most of the time they defend Pan God Totems, and taking down those will be your objective in a few quests.

[...]

first of the blogpost/devlogs series, this time about Pan God's minions - the deadliest enemies of the first world.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 08:48:05 AM »

well, maybe not everyone wants to go to an external website, here's the rest of the gifs from that blog post:

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 06:56:18 AM »

Just finished a flyer project for upcoming events, what do you think?

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 10:18:19 AM »

is there a relief fund available to buy the crystal head thing lady clothes she looks like she'd be quite cold in that weather
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »

well, it's not like there are no other fellas running around without much clothing on them  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic