Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:47:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHollow Knight
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Hollow Knight  (Read 3808 times)
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »

agreed about the exploration btw. exploration without a map is only fun with clear landmarks, which this game lacks.

Yeah, this game had some of the worst map design I've seen in a long time. The combat was really dull and lackluster too. I thought it looked pretty interesting at first, but it has too many really glaring flaws for me to really recommend it to anyone.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 03:34:38 AM »

The combat was really dull and lackluster too. I thought it looked pretty interesting at first, but it has too many really glaring flaws for me to really recommend it to anyone.
I would like to know the flaws in combat you experienced.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »

The combat feels really good to me. Those optional bosses at the end are super intense fights, theres a really good learning curve throughout the game as you get extra offensive and defensive options, and the game properly increases your need to learn to make use of them throughout. The games' various equippable accessories also give great options for changing up your play, with some fun synergies to experiment with.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »

Well said. My main critic with combat is only that some boss fights are a bit too tight, what makes them somewhat messy. At least that was my experience from the first playthrough. But as you level up you eventually gain the sheer capacity to sustain the fights. But overall the gameplay is clean (ignoring those nasty frame drops as they certainly aren't part of the design).

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 02:47:36 AM »

muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 07:29:28 AM »

(comic)

I love this so very much
Pages: 1 [2]