Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:43:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessbringing indie games to Nintendo Switch
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: bringing indie games to Nintendo Switch  (Read 920 times)
Resonator
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2017, 01:55:04 PM »

I realize that anyone who has worked with Nintendo may be under NDA.  But can anyone (however vaguely) share their relative ease or difficulty in getting their game on Switch?  I'm talking about policy issues, title license agreements, developer support, etc. and not the technical challenges themselves.  As an indie, how would you compare the friction of getting things going as a licensed developer with Nintendo compared to Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo from the Wii era?  And were you starting cold or did you have a pre-existing relationship?

Check out my game Anew: The Distant Light
teemuki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 12:38:34 AM »

A company I know have been prototyping some games for Nintendo recently. They basically contacted Nintendo first and told that they'd like to make games for switch. Then Nintendo asked for prototypes and they've been working on them ever since.

So very little communication so far, but sounds like Nintendo is interested in getting new partners. :D I assume that if the game is up to Nintendos standards, it'll be on switch. Also they didn't have pre-existing relationship.
WarpQueen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »

No first-hand experience, but I've heard they are nice to work with. On par with, and certainly not worse than, MS/Sony.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic