Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:10:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJuanito Arcade Mayhem! - Steam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Juanito Arcade Mayhem! - Steam  (Read 2082 times)
GameEverStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »

Hi everyone! Me and a group of friends formed a small indie game studio and we have been working very hard for years to make games. We specialize on 2D animation and we do some work for clients to buy food while we make our own games.
This is the first time we make a Steam game and we have been working on it for more than 4 years! (in between other works). I hope you like it and any feedback is very much appreciated! Smiley

Our beloved classic Arcade games have been infected by the evil Clonocells! Juanito, a lazy bones kid was chose to save them by Gluk, a manipulative bipolar alien. Get inside an Arcade machine, go through all the most famous retro video games, equip you laser gun and fight against the mutant Clonocells from outer space!

• Story Mode
  • 80+ unique levels
  • 8 worlds based on classic Arcade games
  • Epic Final Boss Battle
  • Endless Survival Mode
  • 10 Destructive Weapons and PowerUps
  • 80+ Achievements
  • Retro video game inspired music and sound effects
  • Funny Secrets and Easter Eggs
  • Languages: English, Spanish, Italian & French (for now)
  • Xbox Controller support Smiley

If everything goes well, we are planning on adding more worlds based on other retro games with more levels, powerups, languages, and many other ideas we have been working on.

We have social media pages but i'm not sure if i can post them here or not. If i can't, please tell me and i delete this.
Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:56:30 PM by GameEverStudio » Logged
InterGalactic
Level 0

Indigo Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »

Looks very very good. High amount of polish indeed. Are you really at 10% for 4 years into development though? I mean it does seem like the scope is big.  

I also voted in your greenlight, hope you can do the same for me : )

GameEverStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:49:23 AM »

Thanks! Just voted your game with my two accounts Smiley I read your DevLog before making this one so it was a great help!
Thanks for the advice, i thought the percentage was about how much information we had put in the DevLog and not about the actual development of the game. Will edit it asap Smiley
GameEverStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:32:33 AM »

Here are some posters we did to promote the game based on retro games:

Hope you like them!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:48:42 AM by GameEverStudio » Logged
Josep Monzonis
Level 0

Josep Monzonis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »

Hi guys! Your game is awesome!

I also voted in your greenlight!

Take a look to Micro Pico Racers please.

GameEverStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 01:45:46 PM »

Hi guys! after we approved Greenlight we have been working non-stop making complete changes to the game, now it has a brand new look with many bosses, hd remastering, a local coop mode and much more. Hope you guys check it out and i'm eager to hear your feedback Smiley

http://store.steampowered.com/app/617440/Juanito_Arcade_Mayhem/
ODINKONG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 06:23:17 PM »

I saw your game on twitter about a week ago! I had totally forgotten about bubble trouble and this reminded me of it. Of course your game makes bubble trouble look like crap Tongue. You have a fantastic style going here and I love that this type of game play has been brought back to life. You have done so much more with it though really fantastic job from what I've seen!

Raven's Path By Evil Villian Games
Dev Log : https://forums.tigsource.com/inde
Kryptot7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 06:29:38 PM »

Wow!! The animation is fantastic in this game. It looks so fun!  Waaagh! Hope release goes well!
RobertGameDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:21:22 AM »

Looking good! And it looks like it releases tomorrow. Let's see if I can remember to come back and check it out once it's out!
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 03:24:42 AM »

Your game looks lovely. Best of luck.
Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »

I love the art style.

GameEverStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 08:05:26 AM »

Thanks a lot for your kind words guys!
I've been working non-stop since the release 4 days ago anwsering people, sending mails and uploading patches.
Publishing was much more harder than i could even imagine.

We decided to do a discount launch of 10%, not sure if it was the best idea or not. What experiences have you had with discount launches on Steam?
Up to now, everything is going well with the release, no major bugs, 44 positive reviews, and only 1 negative. But the visibility in the Steam store has been very low, i could say near to none. We always thought Steam promised us 1 million impressions because we had Steamworks in Spanish and it said that. And developer friends told us the same. But in the end it seams Steam just shows your game in the "New" lists which is overflooded with games. We were in the page 3 of that list 2 hours after release.
Any suggestions? Any ideas?

Hope you guys can look at it in the Steam Store:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/617440/Juanito_Arcade_Mayhem/

fireboy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »

His game is very beautiful ... I really like the art and the game also seems very interesting.

Liked it Hand Thumbs Up Left

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic