Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 10:38:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosWilliam Holly - Software and Gameplay Designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: William Holly - Software and Gameplay Designer  (Read 324 times)
WJHollyART
Level 0

Software Dev

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:47:19 AM »

My name is William John Holly III. 

I've been modding games since 1994 (3 years old), programming since 2001 (10 years old), and released my first feature length commercial game in 2013.

For this thread, I'm going to somewhat casually dump some of my experience, screenshots, videos, and playable links.  If you'd much prefer to see my more professionally organized web portfolio, click here!

So, let's get started.

I got my start back in 1994 modding Wolfenstein 3D on my parent's computer.  What started as simple map packs turned into graphical changes, and eventually I started dabbling in C++ to make code changes.

Since 2001, however, I've been using Game Maker to create the games I really wanted to make from scratch.  I've since gotten a fairly substantial grip on the language and love to experiment with ideas beyond what Game Maker was intended for.

Here's a bit of a show reel of just a few of my favorite projects and experiments I've made in Game Maker over the years:

For a more comprehensive playlist of the programming feats (specifically the ones I like to show off) you can click here!

If you have a Steam account and download the free version of Game Maker: Studio, you can play a couple of my projects from 2011 and 2013 called Sewerscape and Halloween Scavenger Hunt respectively.  Sewerscape was created over the course of a week for a girlfriend at the time, and Halloween Scavenger Hunt was a game made in 4 days for friends and family as a fun Halloween activity.

Finally, if you'd like to play some HTML5 games I made fairly quickly with my good friend Gabe Priske (the guy I made See No Evil, my first commercial game, with), you can check out Icon Oven, there's a few there to have fun with.

If you're at all interested in my current projects, Gabe and I started a conjoined devblog called Dueling Devblogs, which also has a thread here on TIG.

I'll continue to update this thread and my website as I have more to show. I certainly have more that I've worked on but sadly don't have footage of or have been signed into NDA and can't show off.

If you like what you see, I'm available for commissioned work.  I've worked in Windows, Android, and HTML5 projects.  My main proficiency is in GML, but I've also completed work in Visual Basic, C++, LUA, Python, Javascript, C#, and a few others.  I write and debug code, help design gameplay, design levels and flow, and even do graphic art (hand drawn, digitally painted, pixel art, and some 3D modelling).  If you'd like to hire me for a project, send me a private message or DM @wjhollyart and we can discuss business.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic