Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:36:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRaise The Dead - A zombie herding and experimentation sim
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Raise The Dead - A zombie herding and experimentation sim  (Read 4679 times)
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »

Raise The Dead

Raise The Dead is a zombie experimentation game. Perform research and experiments on zombies and craft potions. Grow various plants and upgrade your equipment. Your ultimate goal is to find a cure to the zombie outbreak.

Features:

- Capture zombies and place them in cells.
- Synthesize various potions.
- Use potions to perform experiments on zombies.
- Research and develop new upgrades, potions and tech.
- Farm plants.
- Play around with the cutest of zombies.

Links:

Try out the Alpha here: https://colossalwreck.itch.io/raise-the-dead
Twitter: https://twitter.com/xCOLOSSALWRECKx
IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/raise-the-dead
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/colossalwreckpage/
Vote on greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924121679
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:26:30 AM by colossalwreck » Logged
InterGalactic
Level 0

Indigo Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:32:46 PM »

Very interesting concept and cool art direction so far, they're like skittles, I want to eat them haha. The only thing I can suggest for now is a better name though, at first before I saw your project  I definitely thought it was something of a dark/ serious nature. Something more casual / fun would fit better, perhaps a mix of both like "shovel knight" did.

colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 09:19:28 PM »

Very interesting concept and cool art direction so far, they're like skittles, I want to eat them haha. The only thing I can suggest for now is a better name though, at first before I saw your project  I definitely thought it was something of a dark/ serious nature. Something more casual / fun would fit better, perhaps a mix of both like "shovel knight" did.

Thanks! Lol but the name is a pun, 'Raise' The Dead, as in you herd/raise the zombies.
Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »

I like the name fine. And I agree, they look cute!
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 12:26:55 AM »

I like the name fine. And I agree, they look cute!

Thanks alot!  Wink
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:37:58 AM »

Raise The Dead will feature werewolves!

Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:50:47 AM »

Those zombies look absolutely adorable! Why would I want to find a cure for them haha Grin.

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

InterGalactic
Level 0

Indigo Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 03:33:18 AM »

If you don't believe me, just try google images for Raise the Dead and see :D Let me know if there's anything NOT dark and serious. It definitely seems something like a Necromancer would do from the Elder scroll games as he is raising the dead also.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:39:00 AM by InterGalactic » Logged

colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »

If you don't believe me, just try google images for Raise the Dead and see :D Let me know if there's anything NOT dark and serious. It definitely seems something like a Necromancer would do from the Elder scroll games as he is raising the dead also.

Lol in this game you will be 'raising' the dead like you would raise sheep or cows.  Shrug
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 09:05:50 AM »

i think you're mistaking raise the dead and raise from the dead which means to resurrect, bring back, rise from the dead/grave etc....
The title is fine here and the pun works.
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »

i think you're mistaking raise the dead and raise from the dead which means to resurrect, bring back, rise from the dead/grave etc....
The title is fine here and the pun works.

Lol yeah I think that's correct. Glad you like the name!
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 11:47:19 AM »

Some fruit trees you can grow in the game. Thinking about adding potions that affect plants like the ones that affect zombies, but that might be too much. Anyway you can grow plants in the game.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 05:04:41 PM »

Growing plants and experimenting on zombies, sounds like fun! What are your plans for gardening and fruit are they ingredients for your potions?

colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 01:03:33 AM »

Growing plants and experimenting on zombies, sounds like fun! What are your plans for gardening and fruit are they ingredients for your potions?

Yeah they're mainly used as ingredients for the potions. But they will also be a source of income so you can upgrade your lab and tech.
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 01:50:47 PM »

Just thought this image would be perfect as a desktop background or wallpaper.  Grin

colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »

Werewolf in research. Also added new effects around the research pods

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:42:52 AM by colossalwreck » Logged
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 03:36:48 PM »

Will there be vampires and ghosts too!?
The concept is awesome ! Can't wait to try a beta version =) I wonder how the gameplay will be, is it supposed to be a garden game/ raise your pet game or more a puzzle game/adventure game? Or none =D?

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
gantt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 05:45:19 PM »

The title is punny Smiley and I like this graphics!

Founder & Chief @Bluword<br />Read the stories of game developers at Bluword
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »

Will there be vampires and ghosts too!?
The concept is awesome ! Can't wait to try a beta version =) I wonder how the gameplay will be, is it supposed to be a garden game/ raise your pet game or more a puzzle game/adventure game? Or none =D?

Maybe vampires lol but definitely no ghosts. You go out and capture zombies/monsters and then use a teleporter to send them back to your lab where you can experiment on them and perform research.
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »

The title is punny Smiley and I like this graphics!

Thanks so much. Share with your friends if you can. Wink
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic