Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:11:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesthread for talking about Nier: Automata
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: thread for talking about Nier: Automata  (Read 18356 times)
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 02:17:40 PM »

Is that European speak?  I cannot tell if it is cockney rhyming slang for "good" or for "bad"
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 05:40:47 PM »

copper wires are becoming obsolete
In which parallel dimension is this?

-Fuzzy Spider
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 07:48:07 PM »

copper wires are becoming obsolete
In which parallel dimension is this?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2017, 11:35:46 PM »

It's a good thing I can't buy this game because apparently it doesn't work At All on my very popular and powerful AMD graphics card.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 12:07:26 AM »

That's a shame; I have the play station kind of computer
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 01:34:09 AM »

The verdict's in and:  Nier's good, folks
HornyDilbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 02:04:18 AM »

Folks. I don't have much scratch in my wallet. When I buy entertainment games, they've got to be top shelf. If I found myself intrigued, but not wholly impressed, by the demo for "Nier Automata", will it still blow my dang mind, or do I just "not get it"?
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 02:15:19 AM »

If you don't know how could anyone know
HornyDilbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 02:19:57 AM »

I will rephrase my question for purposes of clarity: Does anybody who played the demo as well as the game, have opinions on the quality of the demo? Do they feel that it adequately "demo"nstrated what is notable about the game? I have strong curiosities about this.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:30:12 AM by HornyDilbert » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 02:48:49 AM »

I will rephrase my question for purposes of clarity: Does anybody who played the demo as well as the game, have opinions on the quality of the demo? Do they feel that it adequately "demo"nstrated what is notable about the game? I have strong curiosities about this.
i was disappointed by the demo, specifically the combat, but i loved the full game. you need a certain level of tolerance for the raft of idiosyncracies it has by virtue of 1: its creator who wants to essentially troll you all the time, and 2: the attendant limitations of this being ultimately a linear rpg game.

the game has a lot to offer and it has a very unique heart beating at the centre of it, ultimately if you can look past a fairly large number of minor flaws and are not looking for a pure action game then this is a very good use of your time. it's a very, very good game and there is nothing like it elsewhere.

i will say on the downside though that i am enjoying the second route much less because it introduces a new game mechanic which takes place of one of your attack buttons, which makes combat much less fun (no story spoilers but gameplay mechanic and route spoilers i guess)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2017, 08:47:02 AM »

I'm actually LOVING route 2 myself, the schmup sections and the hacking, while easy, i do like. I also like that the side missions you complete STAY completed in NG+, my god i wish other games would do that. IMHO the A ending was a little abrupt though, and the boss pretty easy, i didn't even realize that the game was pretty much "ending" there when i got to it. Though knowing the drakengard series the A ending is just the tip of the iceberg and there's a shitload more to the game I haven't seen yet, generally a super-boss. (in the A ending the whole thing with A2 never really goes past meeting her at the castle, so i have a feeling second route might have the possibility to go into that more)

-Fuzzy Spider
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2017, 02:43:52 PM »

i completely agree about the a ending, the antagonists are just sort of there and nothing of interest happens with them. i'm maybe halfway through route b but i like how it reframes adam and eve from being sinister and powerful godlike figures to being merely powerful labradors
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2017, 02:46:36 PM »

also even though i am critiquing the game it must be said that i have put 26 hours into it so far and i am a person who thinks there is no good reason for a game to ever be longer than 5 hours. it's wonderful.
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 04:48:53 AM »

Minor spoiler, just has to do with the length of the game, no story spoiler here.

this is a lot like drakengard/Nier 1 where the A and B endings are essentially just an "intermission", there's 17 chapters to the game (that i've seen  so far) and the A and B ending finishes at the end of chapter 10. if you don't continue after there you're missing a LOT of the game including major story and  bosses.

Warning, Major spoiler here, do NOT read this if you've only done endings A and B

Just cleared C ending, and oh my god, THIS was the NIER ending i was looking for, talk about a fucking climax...two
simultaneous boss battles swapping between A2 and 9s. So many sad things happen in C route, all the friendly machines pretty much dead, 2b dead, bunker destroyed, the truth of the project and the reveal that after the first NIER all the replicants died anyways, so humanity was wiped out.  Chapter select is unlocked for me now so going back to find what i missed, it flat out told me in game there's another ending so trying to find it. (which makes sense, pretty much every game in the series has had at LEAST an A,B,C and D ending.

Edit:

Ok, just got D ending, the choice is pretty obvious and right at the end, but it does change the ending cutscene a lot.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:06:02 AM by Raptor85 » Logged

-Fuzzy Spider
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »

Ok the plot is much better now in route b and the hacking mechanic is much better when used for plot exposition rather than combat. I finally died for the first time just before killing the end boss lol, but my interpretation of what I've seen so far is that the insane murder robots that drop from their orbital satellite to conduct slaughters and suicide bombings provide enough of a selective pressure that the machines finally "evolve" socially instead of simply repeating behaviour. They choose love and hate, but you murder hate and turn love insane. Cool. Also right now it's kind of implied that both the androids and machines are running from the same playbook, so if the obvious thing to happen is that Adam and Eve are utilising the human genome data then that's also extremely bleak and funny, but i hope its not as on the nose as that.

It's amazing how much the game is making me think about these largely absent antagonists
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2017, 04:43:04 PM »

all i can say is...keep playing, you haven t even SCRATCHED the surface of the story yet.

-Fuzzy Spider
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2017, 04:38:18 PM »

Playthrough A finished

I just made coffee to keep this hellride rollin'
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »

i got the game today

i really like this game

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 03:21:39 PM »

after 30 hours and completing the game twice i am presented with yet another narrative device, new gameplay mechanics, new music and bosses, and discover that the past 30 hours of gameplay were actually an extended prologue and the real game begins

this is quite easily the best game ive ever played
PaulWv2.017
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 11:27:17 PM »

Superjoe's tigs account obviously has been hijacked.

Admins, can we force a password change on it or something?

Electric Boogaloo: "This time it's serious."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic