Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:37:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations2D artist for Game Dev book
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D artist for Game Dev book  (Read 647 times)
Mr Speaker
Level 0

Mr Speaker: @mrspeaker

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2017, 08:33:44 AM »

I'm currently 70% through writing a book on HTML5 Game Development that is set to be published mid-year. I'm making the art assets for the examples myself, but they are pretty programmer-art-y. The publisher is happy with my dodgy drawing skills (and don't want to hire an external artist) but I'd love for the games to look great. So... my offer is... "exposure".

[EDIT: thinking about this, I don't mind doing some "self-funding" if it makes the book better: if "exposure" is just not enough then also let me know a price range]

The book will be released in print and digital versions. I have had a few other web-related books published in the past that have done well (and even been translated into several languages).

I'm very happy with the technical contents of the book and I think it will be well received. You'd get credits in the book, and I'm the writer so could also drop some links/shout-outs into the story line that weaves throughout the chapters. The publisher will also be showcasing the games in a marketing push.

There is not a huge amount of art required: roughly 3 very (very) small games worth. The book is "from scratch" so the games are quite simple: a shoot'em up; a grid-based 80s dig-dug-esque; a platformer... That's why I'd like the art to add some depth - with a weird, quirky, or eye-catching style. The style would be aesthetically similar across all the examples, and assets could be reused where necessary.

So if you have an interesting/weird/nice style and would like to see your work in print, then let me know!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:07:12 AM by Mr Speaker » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic