Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:33:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOrange You Glad - New 2d Orange Licker !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Orange You Glad - New 2d Orange Licker !  (Read 1982 times)
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:39:33 AM »

My new Flash game Orange You Glad has finally been published!

Description:

How good are you with your tongue? Got a bad case of scurvy?

See if you can handle the Orange Frenzy!

Orange You Glad features 20 levels of citrus madness. 10 special power effects and 25 unique and humorous items to avoid. Can you lick enough oranges on each level to advance to the next? It's not as easy as it sounds.

Links:

Play ad-free on my site here.

Play on Kongregate with achievements here.

Background:

This is my second Flash game and first ActionScript 3.0 game.  This is also my first foray into Flash sponsorship and licensing.  I am quite excited that after putting this game on Flash Game License as well as emailing marketing materials to over 50 sponsors I was able to secure both a primary sponsorship from Flasharcade Gamessite as well as a non-exclusive license from Big Fish Games.

I worked on this game during the month of March and the beginning of April.  It was a little slow going because I was under heavy learning curve from both ActionScript 3.0 and the Flash CS4 IDE.  This project was a great learning experience from both a technical and business aspect.

The game received a few different bids for primary sponsorship on Flash Game License and it only took about two weeks total from posting time till I accepted a favorable bid and delivered the sponsored SWF file.  Both Flasharcade Gamessite and Big Fish Games have been great to work with and I am quite happy with both deals.

My primary sponsorship allows me to sell non-exclusive site-locked licenses and keep my MochiAds which is one of the prime reasons that type of sponsorship model was promoted by Flash Game License as it is really good for developers.

I am very excited to see how my second game does out there in the wild.  It has been almost 6 weeks since I started this project and it is definitely a test of patience controlling your enthusiasm as you wait for the day you can release your game.

Like my other posts regarding Flash games here on TIGS I'm happy to help spread the knowledge and experience I'm learning about monetizing flash games.  I've learned a lot from reading these and other forums and definitely want to spread the love!  Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Dave Evans

Hybrid Mind Studios

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic