Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:59:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGood old retro style cave flyer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Good old retro style cave flyer  (Read 707 times)
CaveFlying
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2017, 03:40:20 AM »

Hi guys!
Check out our new retro cave flyer game Cave Flying! Play demo here: https://caveflying.itch.io/cave-flying. And download full game for free at google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fincommand.cave.flying
Cave Flying catches the spirit of classic Amiga and C64 flyer games like Thrust and
Asteroids. We tried to find arcade flyer games challenging enough and without shooting. We were shocked to find out that world lacks one. So we decided to correct the situation and make one for web and android with modern design. Its simple vector style lets you focus to master your surviving skill through challenging caves.

Game is developed using unity3d with 2d assets

- CaveFlying
Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 06:25:13 AM »

This is indeed very challenging, but really nice steering and looks!
Drean64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »

Including some screenshots and videos may help to get people more interested in trying the game.
CaveFlying
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:48:40 AM »

Good to hear that you find it challenging. Its not meant to be easy casual game like many other these deays:) Do you know any other new this kind of games? Please feel free to tell us! Also here is gameplay video and some screenshots:

Discosmurf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:28:51 AM »

I really like this type of game! Still, would've appreciated some way to get more than one shot at getting an extra life, even though it means watching an ad Smiley
Crashed just before completing level 5 in world 2 with no extra lives, and at that moment I didn't quite feel like starting all over again. BUT, then again, this will probably make me pick it back up later.
I like your game! Good job!
ritualgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:25:40 AM »

Atari Nostalgia?
CaveFlying
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 12:01:31 AM »

Thanks Discosmurf for comment! Nice to hear that we found another fan of this genre:) It is hard to find difficulty level challenging enough without getting frustrated. But maybe it indeed make you come back and try again later:)

And ofcourse, ritualgames, Atari has also been on our mind while making this;) Lets hope that we can bring old times back with Cave Flying:)

- CaveFlying
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic