Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:03:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogssonic hedgehogs: 2014 megamix ! "greenlight = 80% no" (good work)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: sonic hedgehogs: 2014 megamix ! "greenlight = 80% no" (good work)  (Read 8182 times)
Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 05:16:26 AM »

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 03:15:41 AM »

Where did you go to art school at

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 04:10:20 AM »

I think you should add a second like the expression "two thumbs up"   Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right !!!
supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 08:15:12 AM »

woww so many replys i am so proud of it!

and they have a comon theme too which is really nice to see !

Where did you go to art school at

thanks for asking!

youre animation skills are really good how do you animate??

thank you for the questions with the common theme! it is a interesting proces i will make my next blog post about it --- watch this space!!! but not all the time because it will not update quicker because of it - just make sure to come back later lol!!!

here is some more news to keep you going until i have that new block post for you!: hopefully they show off some of the influences of the game (which is something i have read other developers do in their development block posts (which is where they write about the game that they are doing (that is this too)

news::::
[/u] (from inspirations) ( AKA inspiration edition!!)

"to be or not to be, that is what i want to know"
- sonic the hedgehog

'one small step for man, one giant step for me lol' (i am
small because i am a fox)" - talls "miles" prowwer

(this inspiration below came from a thoughts i had in real life (which can be the most inspiration of all can't it!!)

i couldn believe it was when i realised
that hedgehogs were in real life 2!!
they r not fast (they dont have shoes

I think you should add a second like the expression "two thumbs up"   Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right !!!

that is super cool i dont think i could do that though (because of web interfaces?)_but i have made an update to the title of my thread i hope that is OK too??

thanks everyone i hope this block post gets as many "thumbs'' up as last time (thanks to pineaple again!! haha!

see you next time ! (for the animation update!!)

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 08:30:21 AM »

you should sponsor a charity to donate shoes to shoeless hedgehogs
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »

DocFuture's videos are really good I agree

I also agree to play this videogame

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 03:36:17 AM »

DocFuture's videos are really good I agree

I also agree to play this videogame

i dont know what that is but thank you  for the agreement! is it the one with the guy in it that was very charismatic??( i cant remember what his name is in real life but i think i can picture his face (it was a nice one

important news::::!

today i was going to write a post about "animations' in my game so that you could lean about more of the "behind the scene'' like in the other development blocks that i like but pinaple opened my mind to a huge problem in the road:

you should sponsor a charity to donate shoes to shoeless hedgehogs

it is a very good idea to do that but how do i do it if there isnt one there? i am sure that is a question you ask yourself every day i know i sure do it sometimes do you do too? i tried to do it but there wasnt one so i came to one conclusion: i must take this on myself to do!!

it became clear that the cause lines up well with my thoughts and it does allow me to finally say for once and for all:
how can i when what mine is!

so to sum up:

i am proud to launch my new page: (important news below!!)
'charity to donate shoes to shoeless hedgehogs'

please follow the link here (click it to open it) to find out more:

--->http://peterbarwick.co.uk/charity-for-hedgehogs-that-need-shoes/<----

supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »

hello i am back again nice to see you!

in the immortal words of other development blongs - sorry i have been gone so long again it wont happen again!!! i'll try better next time won't i?  (actually it was april fools really?? lol haha i got you!!! it is important to post regular updates to build a following.

so as promised here i am back again with the promised update about: animation update!!

as you know, games come in different styles, and the modern style is in 3d!

and how are games made - as you know they use polygons to draw the animations!

so what is a polygon i hear you ask??? and how is it animated for this game???

so many questions that i am happy to answer!

please find attached to the message this example of how i get an animation from inspiration to real life in my game

here is an example of a picture of a hedgehog that wouldbe inspiration for a sonic hedgehog in my game

BUT notice how in real life it doesn't have any polygons because that's only something in computers!!

So we have to ''imagine'' where the polygons are

this is a good visual aid for when designing a new character.

here is a picture of the picture ofthe hedgehog where i show you how it would be in polgons

"great!" i have heard you say - but how does this become like in the game?

"hold on a minute i am about to show you" LOL

so if you compare that image of the hedgehog with these others - what is it that is in common?

YES you are right! the polygons!

taking the composite of the polygons allows you to see that there are there too, and the end result is a beautiful animation

i hope this has enlightened my process and inspires you to folow in my footsteps like oldbold did before (and make a game that is (dont worry !

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 05:45:27 AM »

but what about voxel hedhgeogs
supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 08:08:23 AM »

yes

supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:50 AM »

in this day and age we often ask ourselfs the question:

- what is it that i can do to make a difference to the world in this day and age???

and i have the answer to that really:

did you ever do wonder that why a hedghog can run so fast when it is blue and called sonic but not the real ones??

well if you think about it that sonic has shoes on and other hegehogs dont then it's pretty obvious that it is because they have a shoe on.

after all - if i run across the bare ground in my bare feet then it hurts so i cant run as fast which makes the shoes a requirement for my own feet! so it must be the same for a hedgehog really.

so: here is a video explaining this. we have a new website now where you can see the explanation too.

here is a website link for you: http://peterbarwick.co.uk/charity-for-hedgehogs-that-need-shoes/ (click it to open the webpage)

supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 04:08:47 AM »

so here i am on the month anniversary of my last post to say again a new one! i cant beleive is been so long, i am sorry guys and i will make sure i do my blocks more regularly! it is important to make regular posts to keep interest or so i am told by everyone else who also does the posts as regularly or more regularly than i do (we can try right???

here is some more images of the game doing it:
news

the other option is always that you didnt really have
to after all because of it

only sometimes is it that when you dont know it turns out
that after all it was not going to anyway

i dont know about it but i rememebr hearing that it wasnt
worth it to do it unless it was though
so why not anyway then I guess?? LOL

that is it for now please!

check back soon for my next update i will make it soon (double promise lol)

supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 04:08:58 AM »

ok i am back i promised i would be more fast this time so here is my next block post i will keep them very rugular!

it is a tough week this week withthe news that we all heard and as we know it wasnt what we wanted to hear - this ways heavy on my developer (artistic) heart and it is with a sorry face that i need to tell you: no

but we overcome our problems and remember that tomorrow is a new day and that today is only now for a while, so if we keep going then it will soon be tomorrow today and today will be yesterday tomorrow won't it

with that out of the way i must remember to tell you that if i do it then you can too! here are some news post for today:   news:

you know that time when you said to me "but yes dont you think that
if you are then you totally can"

and is said "yes"}

the only time that i ever agreed with that was when it wasnt
what you did and i misread it anyway

if youre really keen for that to happnen thn some times you
just have to really be the one to do it first

in conclusion:

it was a good day but as i said before remember that tomorrow is a new day and that today is only now for a while, so if we keep going then it will soon be tomorrow today and today will be yesterday tomorrow won't it

xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 04:33:41 AM »

I am glad you are doing this.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 05:41:20 AM »

I am glad you are doing this.

in a classic case of it being ironic i am not actually dong it really lol but thanks

(that was a classic marketing secret and i lied because i am in actual fact the game is still being cooked up by me!!! just like you would have thought it was !!  haha (april fools!!!(?? lol prank?)

but to be honest: thank you for your post:
to say thank you for your post i have selected this picture for you:

i hope you can treasure it

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 06:00:53 AM »

Hmm... This seems like a log worth contributing to.

https://youtu.be/xbFfz13gch4?t=42

supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 07:02:27 AM »

thank you for contribution though i don't understand what a video is about? my favourite scren from sonic cd is the one where the intro is playing with american music on it instead (japanse music is said to be better but my mind is tainted by swet nostalgias

i never liked japan anyway (this is a joke i have never been japanese lol)

in any case:
i thank you so much for your contriubiton: it was special that you tried

here is a drawing just for you:

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 09:21:15 AM »

only sometimes is it that when you dont know it turns out
that after all it was not going to anyway

is that japanese? I very appreciate the authenticity of the player experience you are building

have you considered adding a new feature to make a power up to give hedgehogs more wumbo? I am taking a page out of the mario book you might say because marios have mushrooms to make them super but why not sonic have special shoes that make them wumbo?
supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 03:33:16 AM »

ponapple i think that is a very good idea and i dont know why noone has thought of that before!!

i will endeavor to make this happen please remind me later if i havent thanks (if i do do it though i will tell you so keep your eyes peeled (like a banana! (but this is a metaphor only, do not worry

in the meantime i have been making a new vidoo which i am exciting to share because it is and shows how hedgehogs look good in shoes (which is important

supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 06:46:47 AM »

hello freinds i have a new post for you today, but only one because i have run out of them

here it is:

velocity = mass/speed so why is talls so fat lol

i wrote last time a post about a video i made and it is still made but i havent shared it yet (as you can tell)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic