Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:58:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfolios16 Yrs Experienced Gml Coder, Game Designer and 2D Level Designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 16 Yrs Experienced Gml Coder, Game Designer and 2D Level Designer  (Read 536 times)
lordcyber12
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:47:16 PM »

---Introduction
My name is Leandro Saccoletto (you can call me Leo for short) and I'm intermediate-advanced Game Maker programmer, with 15 years of experience (I'm 28 years old).I'm bachelor in physics and C/C++/Fotran basic coder, that boost the ways to thinking help me to deal with problems and finding better solutions. Plus I'm attending a course of Technology in Digital Games at FMU. I'm game designer too (not a typical "idea guy"). And a mentor for people new with GML coding or designing certain aspects of the game.

---Background
My first works are contributing some code to the Super Castlevania 3 (mimic bosses at high levels and gameplay features). Plus I worked in several original projects that sadly are in the hold, like Ninjular and Robot Squad, due the lack of fund to give a continuity (in art and sound department.

My first contact with programming was with Click Team products (Klick and Play, The Game Factory and Multimedia Fusion) and folowing with Game maker 5 ( or a lower version). After discovery the flexibility of GML of How translates my ideas, I'm using it until until now, with Game Maker Studio Professional. I'm learning Unity 5 and how to transfer my knownledge with Game Maker to Unity, but is still in the initial steps.

---Skills
I work with 2D game genre. Normaly I received requests for 2d platformers, puzzle and arcade games.But I have skills to work in any other genre or.I'll list the most of stuff requested

--- Platfomer and Top Down

-- Basic Motion (walk,jump,wall jump, crouch , shoot, swim, hurt and others cases)
-- Basic collision and slopes
-- A persistent system (so enemy killed or items already collected won't appear more in the level)
-- HUD
-- Local coop mode.
-- Enemy, bosses and gimicks AI (like vertical,horizontal, circular platforms, door, jump thorught blocks, water and others)
-- Parallax effect , including a way to make the transition between rooms looks like a single room.
-- Pause, inventory, save/load structure, map sytem similar to Castlevania,
-- Special effects with particles or sprites, or use of tweens, implementation of shaders effects picken in the web.
-- Creating objects to easy the level designing.
-- Custom key setting, display resolution changing, music and sound volume.
-- Crafting system, dialogue system(with multiple choice and letter by letter effect) and others elements.
-- Grid motion
- Text boxes with text showing letter by effect, with color changing in some words or simple effects, like shaking.
- Bullet Hell patterns

--- Puzzles and Arcade

-- Clones of known games (tetris, 2048, match-3 games , endless games, Tower defense, arkanoid, bomberman)
-- Level difficulty increases with time and wit rules (for endless games)
-- Original games, with rules given to me to do.
-- \\\\Menu system with swipes and other fancy effects
-- Use of JCHTML5 (sadly it wasnt' more updated by the creator).

-- RPG
-- I concluded the course "Make a turn-based RPG for Game Maker" from HeartBeast

--- Adventure point and click

--basic setup
--context cursor (look, walk, use, pick, talk)
-- inventory to pick, lock and combine items.
-- basic NPC interaction.

--- Game Design

--with my background as coder, I can concept and developed reliable ideas from the discussions made with my client.
-- Development of a GDD (Game Design Document) as a guide to maker clear the game ideas and to save time and money.
-- In can design enemy,boss AI viable ideas, gimmicks concepts and game's flow

--- Level Designer

--Create levels with items and enemy placements.
--For sidescrollers or more metroidvania layout.
--Create first levels that learn the player how to play , and ,avoid the use tutorial text for the minimal

--- Others
- Optimization, code cleaning and organization
- Add more details in special effects and animation effects with Tweens
- Touching controls (tap, drag, swipe)
- Tweaking and bug fixing already existing engines.
- Porting games to android and HTML5.
- HTML5 optimization.

Just an observation, I don't have experience with Online Multiplayer. And all my skills cited above can be proved, plus I accept new challenges as well.

--Working and Payment

I can work from doing smaller pieces of code (like tweak or scripts) to a full complete project. The rules can be set by a design document, a to-do list, or an idea that I'll try expand and give you my thought to see that you agree or not.

I try to estimate the time that will take care to do what you want and we discuss the price for this.
I used the site myhours.com as a time-tracking of my work.
A client can create a account at screenshotmonitor.com. Here it is possible to time tracking and the prgram takes a snapshots of my monitor regulary, between 2-5 minutes. Be aware that in some cases, I need use pencil and paper to sketch some ideas and concept before I typed the code, or I need think how to fix or tweak (instead typing randomly).
As payment, I have account in Paypal. The rules of pricing change accordinly the client's budget . Can be a hourly price and paid by he hours that I worked so far. Or I can be receive one part before the work and the other part after the work is finished. I can work with projects that will be posted in crowndfunding sites. And I'm open with other type of deals. During this period, I'll show the progress of my work, to receive feedback, that can even change the game's route.

In the case of code fixes or add new elements in project, I highly recommend that , if possible, add
comments in the code and try to organize it in the best way. With this, I can understand faster the code, work sooner with fixes and new features, and you will save time and money.

I don't accept 100% revenue share format, because they are too risky to me.This job is my main income.

For game designing, or other stuff associated, I prefer Skype for the talking. and sharing files with this, Dropbox, Google Driver. And the time of the class with be the reference for the pricing.

---Contact Info

If you are interest in my services or have some doubts, you can send PM here or send a e-mail to [email protected].

PS:Sorry for any misspellings
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:41:58 PM by lordcyber12 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic