Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:40:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNull Vector - a rogue-lite arcade game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Null Vector - a rogue-lite arcade game  (Read 5211 times)
OpticalOverride (Alex)
Level 0

25 - Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2017, 02:08:02 PM »

Been a while since the last post, a lot has changed. Just going to skip the change log list (it would be TL;DR) and show some cool pictures with explanations WinkToast Right

First, a GIF showing some of the new weapons and enemies (as well as some slightly hidden new content Giggle)

Machines. Machines appear occasionally in completed rooms and give the player various choices and mini-games that grant rewards. The "Shock Roulette" machine, shown in the image below, has a small chance to electrocute the player or grant a reward. Each use of the machine raises the chance of electrocution (best used when excess HP is available or early in the game for skilled players).
The art and menu are temporary (ignore the "[:INTERACT:]" text Roll Eyes) and will change.

Map. Added a top-down "map" camera view that allows the player to pan over the entire current sector to see any special rooms, machines or loot sitting in previously cleared rooms.

That's it for now, a lot more has been added but I don't want to go spoiling good content before release Smiley I'll be back soon with more updates. Hope you like it, let me know what you think!

- Alex

Null Vector devlog (an arcade roguelite game) https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=60300.0
OpticalOverride (Alex)
Level 0

25 - Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 10:23:33 AM »

Quick update

New menus and a new machine, the "Mechanic", which allows weapon parts to be permanently "welded" to the ship, giving the player the ability to progress and experiment with combinations beyond 3 weapon parts.

As you can see, a bit has changed with the visuals (camera angle, HUD in the background has moved). There are also new enemies, new rooms, new game mechanics... No time to turn them all into GIFs today, but I'm feeling really good about the progress. More updates soon!

- Alex Gentleman

Null Vector devlog (an arcade roguelite game) https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=60300.0
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic