Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:06:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMass Effect Andromeda
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda  (Read 6663 times)
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »

this game looks like shit i don't care who made it

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2017, 12:34:31 AM »

it was evident that writing is not good, but im watching some dialogs that were written and approved
is it supposed to be some post-modernist piece on millenial mass fiction?
SageGoneRogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2017, 05:04:14 AM »

I straight skipped over most of this discussion because it made my face tired. Here are my two cents anyway:

The wife has been playing this thing on and off since release. I've watched her slug through it. The game has a ridiculous amount of issues, but it's definitely not without redeeming qualities. On the up side, some of the environments are breathtaking and feel truly alien. The combat is somehow tense and compelling despite bad enemy AI. On the down side, the plot is full of holes, and the characters like to do weird stuff, maybe more for their amusement than ours... (What if they're self-aware?!) Earlier today, we watched a Krogan who was part of a protest break into some kind of weird, silent dance animation. Very expressive with the hands, those Krogan. Nice people. ANYWAY.

For reasons which aren't entirely clear to me, I still want to play this game.

I also want to throttle the industry which produced it. It's really obvious that AAA games have big issues right now, issues that are not likely to go away any time soon... And I think the source of those issues is company culture that forces people into convoluted hierarchies and keeps them away from anybody who might actually want to play the game they're working on for fun. I think if you asked the Andromeda team what the fans of the franchise valued most about it, they would not be able to come to any sort of consensus. Tremendous budgets, deadline pressure, titanic over-specialized teams that don't have time to communicate with each other directly, and lack of interfacing with real players... All of that contributes to the glaring issues that are becoming the norm with any AAA studio.

I don't think it's necessary to try to engage in some sort of witch-hunt. You can't identify the people responsible for this, because they are in the thousands. The culture has to change, or we'll keep seeing more of the same.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2017, 09:04:52 AM »

Meanwhile, Horizon zero down has so much forced diversity it breaks all sorts of record like best new IP sales through opening for sony, critical acclaim, gamer acclaim and salt war over the new zelda, amazing open world with no streaming lag and hitch.

So that's not an argument anymore.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2017, 01:06:24 PM »

Mass Effect: Andromeda's Models/Animations - What Went Wrong?

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »

good job scapegoating romanians out of all outsouring offices, those eastern europeans are only capable of herding goats anyway.
reminds me how there were american twitter jokes about AC:Unity problems that say Ubisoft Kiev did it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 11:21:23 PM by Bad_Dude 2017 » Logged
PaulWv2.017
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2017, 01:00:24 AM »

Seems more like that youtubes blame is being laid at the feet of EA management than EA Bucharest, BD2017.

Electric Boogaloo: "This time it's serious."
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2017, 01:45:22 AM »

i mean its EA "employee" who said EA Buharest was involved, but its immediately implied they did face animation instead of minor environment stuff or something. I mean, canadians or americans could not do anything that unproffesional. May be just that employee being shitty.
Face rigs are real shitty in this game, but how animation tuned in engine also sucks. Buharest can only be held accountable if its proven they did face rigs.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2017, 03:11:28 AM »

good job scapegoating romanians out of all outsouring offices, those eastern europeans are only capable of herding goats anyway.
reminds me how there were american twitter jokes about AC:Unity problems that say Ubisoft Kiev did it.

Gaming Culture
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2017, 05:34:54 AM »

anyway am i the only one who thinks the main character doesnt look "ugly" in the slightest? the heck.
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2017, 06:55:44 AM »

I don't think any of the characters look ugly they're just all horribly animated.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2017, 07:18:52 AM »

The horrible animations make them look ugly.

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2017, 08:06:33 AM »

Most of it, at least in the dialog department, is due to the fact the eyes are in a constant stare position. If they allowed the eyes to more often relax and wander they could fix most of their facial animation problems fairly easy (relatively speaking). Even in the videos above the characters are at their most natural-looking when they are looking away off to the side and such rather than staring intently like someone whose sanity just broke. A lot of the times, unless people are giving a presentation or some other form of Sell-you-on-something speaking, they are looking up or down unfocused as they think about the various things they are hearing or are about to say.

As you can see (nevermind the MS Paint quickness/sloppiness of it) the eyelids play a huge part in the problem (my edits are on the right):

The characters are forever surprised, apparently.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:20:09 AM by JWK5 » Logged

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »

They look "off" but yeah I have register this rant by clueless management that tries to cash in social capita, while not being in the minority they claim to care about, and finding easy wait out. Just because horrible person coopt that observation don't mean it doesn't happen (in fact it originate from minority's critic of ally first), I'll refer as an example to that one guy who pick up a prevention campaign aim toward young women that took video game character and put them into normal proportion, titling the article "this is how video game character would be if they weren't sexualized", implying that being thin is being sexualized.

BUT we don't have enough PUBLIC evidence and proof IN THIS CASE it was that.

Though they was a lot of lead departure (Cameron Harris (the only women, she left the gaming industry ENTIRELY), Chris Schlerf, Casey Hudson, Cavid Gaider) years before released of the game, it "suggest" difficulty during development or clash of ego.

Anyway looking at the make up of all of this that's a bunch of men in power in what looks like a bro culture trying to hide behind "sjw" to continuing BROing. BUT IT'S MY SPECULATION.

People have already notice there is more lesbian option than Woman to man romance and those are written more for a male audience that a lesbian audience, and teh gay male are push to a corner with little option, no unique character (using the generique npc generator) a lack of specific dialogue (after romance some dialogue refer to the player as a woman) and fade to black as soon as thing get too hot. Those SEEMS like evident BRO tell.

I think it looks like a perfect storm.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Great job JWK5

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »

Thanks jwk5 Smiley

Btw i was referring more to the "characters are deliberately ugly because sjw agenda" narrative. Animations suck, but the models themselves look ok to me.0
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:52:15 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »

It all makes more sense when you really start to understand the characters' inner monologues.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:19:53 AM by JWK5 » Logged

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »

Thank you for this.  Beer!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2017, 10:01:02 AM »

To me if you spend 40 million dollars to make the star wars version of two worlds the blame lays much higher up and much earlier than the people being exploited in outsourcing studios
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2017, 12:52:07 PM »

That was already established when the director said to artist to just copy the spirit within cloth back in ME1. But since we couldn't get enough good star wars game fast enough they filled that nerd niche.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2017, 01:08:21 PM »

That was already established when the director said to artist to just copy the spirit within cloth back in ME1. But since we couldn't get enough good star wars game fast enough they filled that nerd niche.
cloths do not have spirits and i have less than no idea about what you're saying my man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic