Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:56:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPlatinum Kill - Run and Gun Action Game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Platinum Kill - Run and Gun Action Game  (Read 15723 times)
Fun Infused Games
Level 1

Games so good you could hang your hat on them.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2017, 06:18:16 AM »

Ha ha... gotta keep that G rating though Wink

Sundrop
Level 1

Grandma cooks best!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2017, 08:27:01 AM »

This looks like so much fun, and the sounds are nice and crisp!

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:02 AM »

This looks like so much fun, and the sounds are nice and crisp!

Thanks, glad we're doing something right Wink

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2018, 06:24:52 AM »

We created a new teaser trailer for this game... feels like we need to do this every couple months because so much changes. The biggest change from the last teaser is the implementation of bloom shader effects on many of the shots, particles, and a few of the enemies. There is also some new artwork sprinkled throughout, a few new enemies, and a more fleshed out weapon system (may not be super apparent though).

Let us know your thoughts!

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »

Updated the surfing level so instead of just having mines floating there, the duck boss shows up early and drops them. It's a small touch that doesn't technically change the level at all, but it makes the level feel better.

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2018, 06:50:08 AM »

We redid all the artwork for the jungle level (scrolling parallax mountains). This video also shows off the new rocket launcher weapon we added.

Lately we've spent a lot of time working on polishing up this first level. It's ultimately the first thing gamers will play and if they don't like it, it could be the only thing that they play. We're showing the game off in two weeks at a local arcade/bar event so we're really trying to make level one shine. We realize the subsequent levels won't have the same level of love yet, but we can only do so much in two weeks.

In the future, I think building out and really polishing the beginning of the game is going to be more important than getting a lot of unpolished stuff done. Having something really strong, even if you don't have much of it, seems to give better overall impressions of your game.

SunWuKong
Level 5

Help me, help you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2018, 06:57:01 AM »

Super fun looking! Great work!

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »

Good to see you at PAX East, as always! Glad to be able to play the game with you and drop some feedback!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 07:16:50 AM »

Good to see you at PAX East, as always! Glad to be able to play the game with you and drop some feedback!

Nice seeing you too and thanks for the feedback (and playing through Super C with you may give me some incites on how to improve the game too).

You'll have to have a game of your own for me to play next time!

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2018, 09:29:05 AM »

I know, I need to get back into game dev'ing!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2018, 06:08:46 AM »

It's been a while since I posted but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on Platinum Kill...

A couple weeks ago I showed off the game at the Midwest Gaming Classic. I had two systems setup, one for four players and one for two players. Spent Saturday and Sunday watching people play the game and collecting feedback. Most of the players on Saturday played one or two games and went on their way. On Sunday several came back and played through the whole game. That was encouraging. It seems early on players felt it would be rude to sit and play for long periods of time but were quite willing to play a lot more near the end of the show.

I took a ton of notes just from watching others play. For example there was a jumping section that I thought was pretty easy but I saw a lot of people struggle with it and thus an area I had no idea needed to be addressed will be fixed. Was also seeing what players seemed to really enjoy (the giant enemies/bosses for one, which tells me I need to ensure all levels have mid-bosses in them). 

I've been working through a lot of that feedback and working on the cat boss for the graveyard level (video below). I don't have the final artwork for the cat boss yet but I've been trying to get the behavior correct and I think I'm starting to get close. Give me your feedback on this guy if you have anything, as I'm actively trying to finish him up!

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2018, 06:08:27 AM »

Finally made a new teaser video of all the progress we've made since January. Haven't added much for new levels since then but really polished up what we had. Spending months on improving things rather than throwing in new stuff really shows IMO.

The new music you hear is for the final level of the game too, which I've been thinking about a lot. Really just trying to make the final level challenging and unique from the 6 that came before it. That's important with each level, they can't just be more and more of shooting the same types of enemies or reskins of enemies.

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2018, 05:26:10 AM »

New video of the sun boss with new artwork and behaviors. Sun boss moves up and down (with a slight horizontal shift too) and spits fireballs at the player. After a couple up and down movements, he then shoots a giant laser that you have to move to a different platform to avoid. Also updated the stars so they move quickly as you battle this boss, making it seem like you're flying thru space.

I think this is one of the cooler looking bosses in the game honestly. Still might tweak him some, maybe add some floating enemies that spawn at some point, because once you get the pattern down he isn't all that difficult and it can be slightly repetitive. Trying to walking that line of being interesting but not overly difficult though... difficult for me, who has been playing this game constantly for two years, is different than difficult for casual players.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2018, 01:22:56 AM »

Part of his left eyebrow doesn't flash when hit, but it should, right?

"We were able to save the left arm"
"What? I thought we agreed in total body prosthesis, now loose the arm, ok?"
"snap snap"
"Can he understand what we are saying?"
"Doesn' matter, we'll blank his memory anyway"
"I think we should loose the arm, what do you what do you say, Johnson?"
"Well, he sign a release form when he joined the force, he's legally dead. we can do pretty much what we want"
"Loose the arm"
"Shut him down. Prep him to surgery."

Yeah.
Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2018, 07:01:40 PM »

Part of his left eyebrow doesn't flash when hit, but it should, right?

"We were able to save the left arm"
"What? I thought we agreed in total body prosthesis, now loose the arm, ok?"
"snap snap"
"Can he understand what we are saying?"
"Doesn' matter, we'll blank his memory anyway"
"I think we should loose the arm, what do you what do you say, Johnson?"
"Well, he sign a release form when he joined the force, he's legally dead. we can do pretty much what we want"
"Loose the arm"
"Shut him down. Prep him to surgery."

Yeah it probably should flash... but it was easier to just make the main sun body flash and not have to do multiple frames that include features... but since you noticed, now I gotta fix that Tongue He he.

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »

Uploaded a new video of the graveyard level showing off the enemies, mid boss and final boss. Kinda wish I'd waited to film this as I did replace the chicken head graphics and ghost graphics, but otherwise this is all pretty much the same.

Will probably have some of the final Hell level to show off in the near future too. We've got a lot of the art in for that and half the level designed, but it's still too incomplete to really show off.

Getting closer to the end of this project too, feeling good about a 2019 release. There is half the final level left to do, the final level mid boss, final level boss, and a final boss to complete, along with a lot of polishing left to do. But all the major features and nearly all the levels and bosses and enemies are good.

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »

Need to share this too... new artwork added for the surfing level.

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2018, 07:35:35 AM »

New teaser video to share. LOTS of new background artwork for this go round.

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2018, 07:43:52 AM »

Looking pretty solid, man. Come a long way from the squares and rectangles you started with. Coffee

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »

Looking pretty solid, man. Come a long way from the squares and rectangles you started with. Coffee

Ha ha, thanks. That previous game was never intended to be this big, was just something I threw together in a month. It looks a lot different when 1 month becomes 2 years.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic