Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:52:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignProfessional agency designer AND game dev - Ask me for Design tips !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Professional agency designer AND game dev - Ask me for Design tips !  (Read 592 times)
Frappa Studio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2017, 10:39:11 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'm working alone on my huge 3571 Project (webcomic, films, music score and RPG/Survival) since 2010. Since I want to do everything by myself, the videogame is my biggest challenge : while I had to struggle everyday since the beginning with learning C# and coding, shaders, compatibility issues... I had no problem for the art part : UX, UI, character design, narrative universe, graphical coherence, lisibility, simplicity, efficiency, typography, logotype... All these domains are part of my "real" full-time job, in an international branding and design agency (HAVAS GROUP).
I think I can do 2 things here on TIG :

1- Give everyone a look at how I worked on Art, how I think about the whole graphical identity of the project, and what decisions I had to make ; It can be useful for anyone with coding skills but without art school background.

2- Answer and tip every person here when wondering how to design UI, or logotype, or whatever art you need to create.

I hope I can provide as much help as I can for the independant game makers community, because I received so much help from tutorials, forums and blogs when I needed to learn how to program a Final State Machine for my NPCs, a RPG item and inventory system, and so much more amazing stuff I perfectly master now.

So ask me for help! And checkout my project here : 3571project.wordpress.com

You can also see my design/advertising/illustration works here : www.julienfrappa.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic