Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 09:21:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOnwards Jetpack: Full Version
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Onwards Jetpack: Full Version  (Read 1577 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »

I have released the full version of Onwards Jetpack.

In it, you play as a series of people flying on a speeding jetpack fighting aliens.

You can find it here.

Hope you enjoy!   Coffee

Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 03:20:03 AM »

EDIT: Danm, I have too many pages open. This was supposed to go in the feedback thread, my apologies Droop

Interesting little piece this is, with gentlemanly hats! Gentleman
Only tried it a quicky now -

The graphics are simple yet charming, and they really work - Until the Game Over-screen... WTF
I'd suggest a remake on that piece, it kind of threw me when it came up Tongue

Regarding the game mechanics, I like the concept, with forced swapping between different characters. It was a bit chaotic, with the speed and unpredictability, but I guess that's normal when you're piloting an out of control jetpack.
Just for my own tastes - I kind of feel that the two bars should be renamed...
First: the "Health" bar is obviously not the health of the person controlling it, since it doesn't change when you hand it over to someone else (which is good, but I still thought it would when I played it at first because of the name Tongue). Jetpack Structural Integrity perhaps? Tongue
Second: the "Energy" bar is kind of the opposite, at least I got the feeling that it should be the energy of the jetpack, Stamina might be better, to convey that the people really get worn out from it?

Oh well, nothing important. I can tell that I'm going to suck at this game, but I'll dive in and try some more Beer!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:38:01 AM by Cerogravian » Logged
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »

EDIT: Danm, I have too many pages open. This was supposed to go in the feedback thread, my apologies Droop

The graphics are simple yet charming, and they really work - Until the Game Over-screen... WTF

Out of curiosity, was the game over screen issue referring to the demo version or the full version?  The full version has an updated game over screen.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic