Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:16:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRize of the Summonds: Upcoming Metroidvania. Transform Into Wraith, Dragon, etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Rize of the Summonds: Upcoming Metroidvania. Transform Into Wraith, Dragon, etc.  (Read 15004 times)
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »

High-Rize Studio...... Cheesy

This dev log needs more log.

I'm kind of liking the name "High-Rize Studio" or "High-Ryze Studio." Thank you for your suggestion.

There is a studio called Hi-Rez, seems prone to confusion. (They make Smite, Tribes, and Paladins).
BTW, our team name is "Rize Abov" in case you didn't know Smiley

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »

-Apparently I was ignorant about how prefabs really work in Unity Engine and just gained knowledge on them. It appears that when creating a prefab, you can't drag and drop an object into it's inspector, which makes complete sense (Basically if that particular gameObject is in multiple scenes but not in every scenes, then what happens when player comes across a scene where it's not integrated in...exactly). But what I've discovered is you can reference the object by making a prefab of that object that you want to drag and drop into the inspector of the other prefab. Took me awhile to understand but better now than never.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »

- Almost done with our first Story/Gameplay Trailer.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »

- Ready to leave work to finish up the Gameplay Trailer. Constantly looking at the clock.

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 12:47:49 PM »

Looking forward to the video! Your graphics look like they're coming together! I always wanted to play a platformer with classes and abilities like this, but I usually suck/get frustrated with the action too much...  Durr...? Looks fun though!

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2017, 05:55:41 PM »

Looking forward to the video! Your graphics look like they're coming together! I always wanted to play a platformer with classes and abilities like this, but I usually suck/get frustrated with the action too much...  Durr...? Looks fun though!
Yeah our goal is to make our game challenging but not brutal and too frustrating. (So our game should fall in between super mario bros and dark souls).

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2017, 10:35:57 AM »

Enjoy our first Gameplay Trailer!!

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2017, 08:15:23 PM »

Updates:
-I had to recruit a more skilled unity programmer in order to create more advanced enemy A.I and improve our combo-combat system. We really want the combat to be more appealing, and more advanced then what's already integrated.
-Posted our Gameplay trailer to our social media pages (facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube), mailing list subscribers, other forums, and Reddit (Someone give me tips on how to become popular on Reddit because I go the opposite and keep getting banned from certain subreddits lol). Fans and people love it and appears that they want to see more!
-Just continuing to promote our game while we're in-development

Note: So now I understand when developers like @Rami Ismail say that you shouldn't have a huge indie team, and if you do, don't be intimidated to discharge some of them to shorten the team. I might have to do just that, for the greater good Smiley

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »

Continuing to learn Promotion / Marketing strategies. Just learned about Thunderclap. Useful to spread the word instantly throughout Social Media. Keeping this in mind because 99.9% of your indie game's success comes from marketing. So for those indie developers out there, do not wait until the launch of your Kickstarter campaign, to start building up fans/supporters.
You need to already have supporters, before it's launch and use Kickstarter to gain more supporters and earn proliferate amounts of money.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 08:37:09 AM »

Implementing enemy patrol script for the enemy wolf. As you can see, we are able to click and drag the blue circle/points that represents point A and point B, and move them anywhere we want the character to patrol.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:01:09 PM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 08:48:39 PM »

-Implemented patrolling system for enemy A.I. The different wavepoints can be adjusted by clicking and dragging them in the desired location. The wolf enemy's animation speed as well as movement distance and speed, can be adjusted in the enemy editor that the programmer created. I'm telling you this enemy editor is fun to play around, making the job easier. We will continue to improve on the enemy A.I so the game is more fun and challenging. So many cool ideas that we are going to add, to show progression as player progresses throughout the level.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »

Is anyone else liking the improvements of our game? Please let us know and provide feedback. Thank you!

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2017, 07:44:03 PM »

-Added metroidvania style camera.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »

-Using the Ferr2D lighting system in Unity Engine. My strategic approach is to use the lighting system just for the background and keep the midground lit up (to maintain tone and player can see where they are going). I'm loving the lighting. Its amazing how it still feels like the player is entering a dark place when the background transitions to a darker tone. Feels cool!!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:46:58 AM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2017, 06:03:31 PM »

Although there is a monochromatic color scheme overall for the Dragon's Lair level, I'm adding more colors to the scene by adding assets including the large eggs and broken egg assets.

Want to be very light with the assets located in the foreground, such as the skeleton on top of the bone; don't want the foreground to be too busy.

RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2017, 08:46:14 AM »

Your game looks great, Rize. From what I gather watching your trailer, it reminds me a bit of Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Blackthorne - with a transform/character swap mechanic. Those dragon eggs are massive - will you be fighting the dragons? Would love to see one!

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2017, 05:16:47 PM »

Your game looks great, Rize. From what I gather watching your trailer, it reminds me a bit of Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Blackthorne - with a transform/character swap mechanic. Those dragon eggs are massive - will you be fighting the dragons? Would love to see one!
Thank you so much, we really appreciate it. We were definitely inspired by Castlevania Symphony of the Night as well as other games. Never heard of Blackthorne, lol. So it appears that you explicitly identified that particular level to be the dragon's Lair as you saw those giant eggs, which is a good sign, as we want to make sure we have great level design and hopefully tell a good story. There will definitely be dragon enemies and bosses, along with other enemy types. We are currently working on improving our Enemy A.I system and combat system and will keep you updated.

The transformation is our core mechanic and we will definitely implement many reasons as to why player will have to transform

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2017, 07:46:44 AM »

Demonstrating Akira, the protagonist, avoiding the swinging ax.

Demonstrating Akira, the protagonist, damaged by swinging ax.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2017, 08:13:04 PM »

-Dragon Lair tutorial level is fully complete, in terms of level design. Still need to implement various scripts, including interaction between Akira and the little boy NPC (the first NPC she encounters, after falling down into the Dragon Lair)
-Dragon Lair Room 1 and 3 is structure complete.

Currently working on populating Room 1 and 3 with art assets. At the same time, I've started writing specific dialogue and designing different NPCs that will be scattered throughout the level. The reason to why humans are wondering inside the dragon lair level, as well as other levels throughout the game, will be fully explained within the Lore. They will also have their own proper town/village scenes, throughout the game.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic