Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:31:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRize of the Summonds: Upcoming Metroidvania. Transform Into Wraith, Dragon, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Rize of the Summonds: Upcoming Metroidvania. Transform Into Wraith, Dragon, etc.  (Read 16378 times)
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »

-This is the Boss Battle background music. Eventually we plan on having variations/remixed versions of this boss battle, that we can add in later boss battles.

-This is the Tournament level background music. This is also considered the beginning tutorial level in which players learns the controls of the game, and how to play.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »

My team are currently working on adding:
-More particle effects (such as hits, punches, slashes, healing, fireball spell, etc...
-More rooms to the dragon lair level
-A few puzzle elements
-Tournament tutorial level
-Revised background music for main menu, tournament level, dragon lair, boss battles and mini boss battles
-Few sound effects for the main menu
-More to the story and dialogue documents (will not be integrated into the game yet)

*Keep in mind, we are pushing to submit for Independent Game Festival 2018. I don't have a Gif file to share with you all at the moment. So instead, enjoy this final version of the dragon's lair background music:

Feel free to comment and provide feedback. Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:44:03 PM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2018, 05:39:00 PM »

Prototyped Dragon Boss Battle. Rough A.I and we still need to add particle effects to the Dragon such as fire flame spell. We are making great progress:

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2018, 07:41:15 PM »

Follow us on
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RizeoftheSummon
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rize_abov_studio
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdsS8qck6gLmgNl7f9OT2jw?sub_confirmation=1

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »

Fans are loving the effects and lighting in our level. (Don't forget to follow our social media pages) Therefore we have to maintain this consistency throughout the entire game. We are using the unity's plugin, Ferr2D, which allows us to apply this incredible lighting system to the background walls. This tool is also great at making terrain systems which allows us to stretch the wall asset, for example, and automatically duplicates it multiple times. So this is a quicker way to create levels compared to manually copying and pasting.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2018, 01:48:27 AM »

Hey,
Been working on multiple particle effects that we're going to use for different enemy and summond spells. This is the blue fireball effect that will be applied to only certain enemy types. The summond who shoots out fireball will have the reddish-orange version of this effect.

This is the impact effect, of when the blue fireball spell hits any wall within the scene, or any enemy. As you can see, the background and platform slightly wiggles to exaggerate the effect and make it more appealing. Definitely provide feedback and don't forget to follow my team through our social media pages, provided in our signature (down below)

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2018, 01:52:52 AM »

Hey,
Been working on multiple particle effects that we're going to use for different enemy and summond spells. This is the electric rise spell that will be applied to one of our summond. This particular spell has more range and rate of fire, but will have a significant spell usage count.

This is the fire breath spell that will be applied to the dragon Humanoid summond. We're open to all feedback. Thanks!

Trixler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2018, 08:57:41 AM »

Just giving a shout out. I know the labor of making a game and going from point A to B is not as easy as it looks. So, great job on your progression. I like the mechanics, especially the transformations!
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2018, 08:25:57 PM »

Just giving a shout out. I know the labor of making a game and going from point A to B is not as easy as it looks. So, great job on your progression. I like the mechanics, especially the transformations!
I agree, making video games is a challenge and time consuming. Thank you for the encouragement. To let you know, here are the significance transforming:
(Note: Summonds is our name for summons)
  • Each transformation (different summonds) have special abilities, allowing the player to traverse new areas (including the ability to climb, jump high and glide)
  • Puzzle elements. Any big summonds have weight and can activate floor pressure plate (switches), while any small summonds run faster. So there can be a scenario whereas player must activate pressure plate with a big summond, temporarily unlocking a door, and immediately switch to a small summond to run fast and reach the door before time runs out.
  • Note: (There's more reasons for transforming, but I can't give it all away) Grin.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:31:08 PM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2018, 09:16:19 PM »

@janthony, do you have your own social media pages that we can follow? I would love to follow your project Smiley

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2018, 01:11:54 AM »

The intentional misspelling of the words in your title makes me lose respect for your product. It doesn't matter if it's a video game or not, I'm not buying something that spells words like Rise with a z instead of an s. This is my personal preference, of course.

Secondly, I think you should hire someone who can do better art and animations than what you're currently showing. Right now everything looks amateurish in terms of skill. The animations are stiff and lacking a smooth sense of movement and impact. Your running animation in particular,for your protagonist ,is pretty bad. When a human runs, the whole body moves. Currently, the female protagonist isn't moving like this, only certain limbs are. The art in general is ignoring basic principles of structural anatomy and good shading practices. Everything has a light source, but right now you have a lot of flat looking shapes instead.

I hope I didn't come off as rude in providing criticism, as it was not my intention. I wish you luck in your future development.
Trixler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2018, 06:22:20 PM »

@janthony, do you have your own social media pages that we can follow? I would love to follow your project Smiley

Not there yet I'm just at the beginning of my game. Appealing visuals is one of the key factors. I'm my worst critic when it comes to my own art. So, once I nail down the look I'm going for I'll spread it around. So, you guys and gals will see it first here and of course Unreal Engine Forums.
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »

The intentional misspelling of the words in your title makes me lose respect for your product. It doesn't matter if it's a video game or not, I'm not buying something that spells words like Rise with a z instead of an s. This is my personal preference, of course.

Secondly, I think you should hire someone who can do better art and animations than what you're currently showing. Right now everything looks amateurish in terms of skill. The animations are stiff and lacking a smooth sense of movement and impact. Your running animation in particular,for your protagonist ,is pretty bad. When a human runs, the whole body moves. Currently, the female protagonist isn't moving like this, only certain limbs are. The art in general is ignoring basic principles of structural anatomy and good shading practices. Everything has a light source, but right now you have a lot of flat looking shapes instead.

I hope I didn't come off as rude in providing criticism, as it was not my intention. I wish you luck in your future development.
First of all, thank you for your feedbacks! I truly mean that and accept it. Now with that being said, lets start off with the name. There are many games that intentionally misspells words in their title:
  • Ryse Son of Rome
  • Fortnite (go ahead and say that you don't have this game. Yea right!!
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Soulcalibur
  • Mortal Kombat
  • BlazBlue
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Bloodborne (are you kidding me. This popular game has misspelled written all over:)
Just to name a few. I know it's your own preference, but still those are examples and those games did well, if not excellent. Btw, it would be too late to change our name due to marketing reasons, so sorry.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2018, 07:57:31 PM »

Not there yet I'm just at the beginning of my game. Appealing visuals is one of the key factors. I'm my worst critic when it comes to my own art. So, once I nail down the look I'm going for I'll spread it around. So, you guys and gals will see it first here and of course Unreal Engine Forums.
Great point, but don't be intimidated to start building up fans even during the beginning phases. I guarantee you even when you think you have a polished artwork, there's still room for improvement, that someone will suggest to you. All I'm saying is, stay strong because there will be great criticism and then the ones you disagree with, but you still have to be respectful. It's all inevitable  Smiley

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »

First of all, thank you for your feedbacks! I truly mean that and accept it. Now with that being said, lets start off with the name. There are many games that intentionally misspells words in their title:
  • Ryse Son of Rome
  • Fortnite (go ahead and say that you don't have this game. Yea right!!
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Soulcalibur
  • Mortal Kombat
  • BlazBlue
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Bloodborne (are you kidding me. This popular game has misspelled written all over:)
Just to name a few. I know it's your own preference, but still those are examples and those games did well, if not excellent. Btw, it would be too late to change our name due to marketing reasons, so sorry.

Secondly, I definitely agree with you that we can always go back and make improvements with our animation. I think our current animator has the core competencies; we're just keeping it simple at the moment. He didn't purchase 2D Spine Animation" just to be amateurish at it. He has some talent. He's going to use the deformation tool so that he can implement more limb movements for each animations, to make it more realistic.

In terms of the art assets and level, we're not trying to be too advanced because that's why teams take 5-10 years to make a single game. We understand that it lacks shading in the foreground, as we try to add some depth using lighting system in the background. Then again, it's our style as well  Smiley

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2018, 06:40:26 PM »

Again, thank you for the good feedback. I take into account, all feedback. Your feedback motivated me to upgrade the lighting system in our game to at least give a sense of light sources, to make the levels look less flat. Can't wait to show you guys how the revised version of the levels look Smiley

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »

To let you all know our website is temporarily down because I needed to use the money to save up for other aspects of the project. Will be back up asap! Enjoy this new locked door art asset for out game.

Locked Boss Door:

Simple Locked Door:

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2018, 07:41:29 PM »

Orbs are core keys that players have to collect and use in order to unlock certain objects such as treasure chests, missions cages, and more.                                

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2018, 07:20:59 PM »

Follow us on:
Discord: https://discord.gg/3dBKey8
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RizeoftheSummon
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rize_abov_studio

SkyZone secret coin room 1 (Check out the parallax camera effect!! Will integrate this to all of our levels)

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2018, 07:30:46 PM »

Here's a sneak peek to our orb puzzle mechanic.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic