Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:32:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGiyomu Tactics [Free] (a bit similar to Lara Croft GO)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Giyomu Tactics [Free] (a bit similar to Lara Croft GO)  (Read 1440 times)
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:18:19 AM »

Hi everyone!

I am here to announce my latest game called Giyomu Tactics! It's in the vein of Lara Croft GO for those who played it, but with different ideas like the fact that you control several characters in each level and each character has different skills.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giyomu.fantasytactics

I hope you will like it and let me know what you think!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:12:20 PM by Giyomu Games » Logged
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »

Looks interesting but you really should pick a different name. "Fantasy Tactics" is going to make your game impossible to find and stand out in a crowded market.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
SageGoneRogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »

Seconded. Game mechanics seem very nice, but the name is problematic for several reasons. In addition to not being distinct enough, it's similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. That has the potential to create legal issues for the project.
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 05:21:50 AM »

Thank you DireLogomachist and SageGoneRogue, you are making a good point. I assume something like "Fantasy Go" would create a problem with Square Enix too? (but then, there are other games which end in "Go").

Or if you have a chance to try it and have a good name idea let me know Smiley
SageGoneRogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 09:25:35 PM »

If you want to see a decent number of downloads, the name becomes pretty important. Not only does it need to represent the game without infringing on any copyright, but it also needs to be something your potential users can easily search for. Let's use "Fantasy Tactics" as an example here: both are common words which are already used in the names and descriptions of tons of successful games. These all come up if you search for "Fantasy Tactics" in the store. Odds are, you're going to start near the bottom of that list...

A couple of different things you could try:

-Invent a unique compound word.
-Keep "Tactics" since it very succinctly describes the appeal of your game, but precede it with something unique. (Maybe the name of the world the game is set in or something along those lines?)

Hope that helps.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 03:32:59 AM »

call it void tactics
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 04:28:23 AM »

Thanks a lot for your insight SageGoneRogue and for the suggestion Pineapple. I am indeed a bit far in the list when searching for "Fantasy Tactics" ^^'

I'll come up with something! Thanks a lot again to you all for pointing that out Smiley
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 05:34:06 AM »

What do you think of "Roleplay Tactics" ?
"Roleplay" is not a unique word but it is far less common than "Fantasy" (or "RPG" that I also had in mind), and in combination with "Tactics" my game should become much easier to find I guess.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:24:54 AM by Giyomu Games » Logged
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:13 AM »

while "roleplaying" typically refers to the stuff you do in games, "roleplay" is often used to refer to stuff you do in bed

and before you suggest it "roleplaying tactics" is just silly

maybe choose a title that is somehow related to your game? "tactics" is fine, at least from the video and gifs it does look like a tactics game, but why such generic terms as "fantasy" or "roleplay"? the game doesn't look like it even has anything to do with either
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »

Ohhhh, thanks for that! I dodged a bullet ^^' (English is not my first language and I didn't know about this alternate meaning for "roleplay").

Basically with "Fantasy" (or "Roleplay") I was trying to express the fact that you'll be controlling knights, wizards and thieves like in D&D or an RPG (Final Fantasy, etc.).

This is tought! ^^'
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »

so many games have knights, wizards and thieves. but not many games have a visual style or environment like yours, or have a tile-moving mechanic like yours. you should choose the unique qualities to emphasize in your name! like "tactics" - that's why it's a good choice of word, it's very relevant to your game and it's also a relatively unique quality
SageGoneRogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 03:13:57 AM »

Actually, you could probably get away with using your company name here, which would strengthen the brand. You already show up pretty high in Google's search results, and the company name has a cool and memorable sound. So, consider "Giyomu Tactics."  Smiley
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 05:34:52 AM »

Thanks a lot SageGoneRogue I like the sound of that actually... that may be a quite good idea!
Thanks a lot Pineapple too, your point about finding what makes my game special (which is not the fact of having knights, wizards and thieves as you very correctly pointed out) is very good.

So "Giyomu Tactics" could be a very good solution, and with Pineapple comment I thought about something along the lines of "Isodungeon Tactics" or "Isowarriors Tactics", but now I feel it's a mouthful. Any thoughts on those as opposed to "Giyomu Tactics"?
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 06:18:09 AM »

I like both "Isodungeon Tactics" and "Giyomu Tactics"
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 07:58:23 AM »

Thank you everyone for your help! "Fantasy Tactics" is now officially called "Giyomu Tactics" to avoid confusion with other games and make it stand out more Smiley
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »

Update! Now you have access to 2 levels after the last level you cleared. So if you are stuck on a level you can skip it and try the one after that!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giyomu.fantasytactics
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 03:38:18 PM »

Giyomu Tactics 1.6 is here!
If you are stuck on a level, you can watch an ad in exchange for the solution!
Get the game for Android here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giyomu.fantasytactics

Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 12:58:51 PM »

I have updated the game! There is now a tutorial for the first 2 levels Smiley

Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 08:42:35 AM »

Hello everyone!

I added an in-game explanation of the differences between the characters, as it wasn't so clear while playing.

Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »

Hello!

I have added 2 levels to the game! Enjoy! Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic