Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:59:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingoQo - Soothing puzzle game (browser playable prototype)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: oQo - Soothing puzzle game (browser playable prototype)  (Read 486 times)
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2017, 09:23:23 AM »

Hi!

I have started a devlog here for this game, but since we are currently actively looking for feedbacks on our prototype, I figured I could post something here as well! This is our first public prototype, we intend to use it to gauge the interest of the players, to know what works and what doesn't, so please let me know what you thought about it if you take the time to try it Smiley

You can play it here

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
lolpatrol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »

Completed it. Twice. It was fun.

I couldn't get the web version to work so I had to download it. It wouldn't respond to/update my keyboard commands.

Couple of random notes:

- I thought there was going to be more with the negative space. Like in the gif/first level.
- At first. The blue lines felt like a step back in complexity, compared to being able to move around.
- Was looking for some volume controls, guess there aren't any
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »

Thanks for your feedback!

That's the first time we hear about an issue with the keyboard commands on the browser version, may I ask which browser you are using?

Your point about the negative space is quite valid, I didn't realize this gif could setup this expectation! We plan to use it for puzzles in the complete game though. For now, maybe I shouldn't use it too much :/

Regarding the blue waves, when you say "at first", do you mean that in the end you felt the progression was ok? We are still a bit unsure about how to use them, since they can feel indeed like a regression, but in the same time they offer a new challenge...

Not too sure about what you mean with "volume controls"? Sound options?

3-50.net
AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 03:20:07 PM »

The visuals and sound was good, however I'm not a big fan of timing based puzzles.  For me the solution was obvious but I had to keep re-trying to get the timing right, so I soon lost interest.

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »

Hey, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback even if you didn't enjoy the game, it's appreciated Smiley Of course we don't expect the game to please everyone, but it's always interesting to gather more opinions! We try to avoid very precise timing requirements, but the game is indeed based on the correct chaining of actions.

3-50.net
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic