Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:04:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNazi Hunter Death Squad - A game about killing Hitler
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nazi Hunter Death Squad - A game about killing Hitler  (Read 1080 times)
Pretzel Bros Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:28:46 AM »

Hi guys,

my name is Alex. I'm a one man developer from Bavaria. After releasing my first game into the wild I started working on a second one. It's a really fast paced platformer with control mechanisms borrowing from Hyper Light Drifter and One Finger Death Punch. It's also strongly influenced by Inglourious Basterds. The games title is:

Nazi Hunter Death Squad

I know that the title might be a bit over the top - hopefully I will come up with something better at some point.

Story:
I don't want to spoil too much, but I will try to give a rough outline at least. You are part of a WW2 special forces unit called 'Nazi Hunter Death Squad' and you are hunting the scalps of top german Nazi leaders and officials. The story evolves around Heinrich Himmlers SS occultists, known as the 'Black order', and a little jewish girl named Hanna. The game is fully fictional and not based on any true events!

Here's some stuff I want to show you:

This is your band of brothers, the Nazi Hunter Death Squad:

And here is a small glimpse of the gameplay. I suck at recording gifs...

I will try to update this post as regular as possible. But please don't expect too much. I'm a rather social phobic kind of guy. Concerned

See you!
Alex

redplanet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 03:52:34 AM »

Looks interesting! The title isn't bad, it's possibly even a bit Tarantino-esque if that's what you were going for (Inglourious Basterds ref)?

I like the art, and the buildings look a bit like Gunpoint (etc) from that last image - the way the insides are visible in that 'cut-away' fashion.

What's your timeline for release? What engine is this?
Pretzel Bros Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:34:55 AM »

Hi,

thank you for your nice words! I have no exact timeline, but I hope to release it within the next 4-6 month. I use Gamemaker Studio 2 at the moment. I used C with SDL before but felt like wasting too much time on creating engines and it would be better to focus more on creating games instead ... I think GMS 2 is pretty nice and fun to work with. At least for me.

Thanks again!
Alex

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 10:48:31 AM »

wow, this looks so good!

Can't wait to see more devlog entries Smiley

monsterfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 03:15:20 AM »

This game looks great, also keep the name as it's a great fit.
Pretzel Bros Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 03:26:06 AM »

Hi,

thank you all for your nice words! Here's my first devlog entry.

Devlog 1

Player movement

Movement is crucial in this game. I want the player to be completely immersed. The controls are good when I feel my body to start moving according to the players movements on the screen. I'm not 100% there yet as some state-transitions are still a bit rough. But I'm getting there.

The player has 14 different movement states at the moment. I think I have to add some fairly easy tutorial levels for the player at the very beginning to get familiar with the controls. It feels like having the ability to explore the levels based on the given movement boundaries. I often catch myself running around thinking: "Can I reach that point up there? Should be possible." I have to find a meaningful manner to integrate this form of movement based exploration into the game.

The parkour feeling

The levels need to be open and wide. I'm reaching out for a rather fast paced gameplay. Rushing through a level has to feel like doing parkour. But I don't want to have a stamina bar or something comparable. I don't want to stop the player from beeing creative and going fast. But it still has to be demanding and hard to master.

To double jump, or not to double jump, that is the question.

This is the next thing I'm going to work on. With dash mechanics already in place I feel like having a double jump may be a bit too much. But I have to try it :D

Till next time!  Waaagh!
Alex

ManuScythe
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 03:52:36 AM »

Cool dark bives! Beer!
That name might be a bit controverted though. Noir

DuelCide A Dark ARPG about dueling, taking lives & dealing with consequences.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic