Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:57:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThimbleweed Park
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thimbleweed Park  (Read 1646 times)
FreeFly
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2017, 12:08:40 AM »

Today it's the day! After a long development the new Ron Gilbert's adventure will finally be released on Steam. I've been dumb enough not to follow the game from its early stages, but I have been watching a lot of interviews recently and I really can't wait to have it. Am i the only one?

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 06:48:46 AM »

I've been following it since the beginning. The game started it's Kickstarter about two weeks after Viktor. They got something like $500k, we got... well, effectively zero, but we still published Viktor about two weeks before them. HA! :D

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »

I've read some of the reviews, and now I'm not even going to wait until it goes on sale. I'm a long-time fan of classic point-and-click adventures. Seeing what is effectively one of those come out in this day and age is right up my alley. For me, it's just a matter of choosing which service to buy it on. I'm thinking Good Old Games, given the retro approach this title takes.
FreeFly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »

Daaamn, I just finished it, and it was worth every single cent! No spoilers, but the final part is mind blowing! :D
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 06:30:24 PM »

I cannot give items to the lady in the newspaper store. Is this a bug? Is it neccessary? Her name doesn't highlight when in item interaction mode.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »

Daaamn, I just finished it, and it was worth every single cent! No spoilers, but the final part is mind blowing! :D

Did you play on TigBaby Easy mode or Tiger Normal mode?

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »

I just finished this the other day. It was a really good time, though I have some issues with the ending. Definitely worth playing.

bittwyst
Level 1

Twitter: @bittwyst

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 12:40:48 PM »

Brilliant game. Successfully recaptured my yoof. Hope they make more.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »

I cannot give items to the lady in the newspaper store. Is this a bug? Is it neccessary? Her name doesn't highlight when in item interaction mode.

I figured this out from a walkthrough and it was so dumb.

Newspaper lady said "I'm waiting for a call about a woman in town doing something suspicious" -- I thought this was a sly "fuck off" because I was the female character at the time; newspaper lady was expecting to hear about my character.

Nope, that was literally her random quest line she waited for.

When I tried radioing out at the police station, the character did NOT make dialogue lines.. ending with "I shouldn't do this". Which made me think oh, he's not actually talking to the radio... this is just a gag. Nope, you have to click the right options to match the newspaper lady's random dialogue line THEN camera jumps to the newspaper lady and she leaves.

Frustrating.

Overall the game's alright. I might finish it some day. I've been getting a huge meta-vibe from early on in the game (there was some clue). It's gotten more so & I've read online that it's 4th wall breaking.. I'm a little disappointed in that, but I haven't finished the game.

Overall it's ok , not super my cup of tea but enjoyable enough.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic