Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:53:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMezzoAlter - When Worlds Collide! (New OP)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: MezzoAlter - When Worlds Collide! (New OP)  (Read 6965 times)
101239P
Level 0

My mother made my email for me.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »

Shh... It's okay...

EDIT: Hooray for the second page!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:46:34 AM by 101239P » Logged

Caravaggio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 11:26:10 PM »

I like almost everything about this.  Really curious what the reason would be for sentient signs outside of copious amounts of LSD.  Only thing I might wish for is the ability to either remove or slow down those battle screen backgrounds.  I understand your inspiration but I imagine they'd be kind of distracting when full screen.

Would love to see more character animation / art.
101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 06:12:41 AM »

Thanks! Your wish has been granted, because I decided that some computers may not be able to run the battle backgrounds correctly or it may cause slowdown (or the problem of being distracting to some). So I put in a variable that removes battle backgrounds (Even the ones on the title screen) and replaces it with an easy to look at color.

(The color is in the same 32 color palette I am using)

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »

The very disfigured (but working!) inventory.

(I'm focusing on making it functional right now so at the moment enjoy squinting to see what you are doing!.)

denzgd
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »

That hand has six fingers. Is that by design? I'm liking those backgrounds, though.

Hylianonbi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 08:00:53 PM »

I'm really digging the work on this so far! It is crazy that you have this much done and you have only been working on this for a couple of months. If you aren't too careful you may have to give one of those stereotypical seizure warnings at the beginning of your game. Cheesy Keep up the good work and I am definitely looking forward to seeing how your project evolves in the future!

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 08:56:53 AM »

Hey these live in your basement!

Also looked at everyone's feedback and made some changes. Six fingers was totally a mistake, and I'm pretty sure I would of never caught that, so thanks Denzgd, it helped make the game a bit better.

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »

To nobodies surprise, I redid all of the borders and name cards (I think that's what I will call them now)

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »

Duuuuude this is looking amazing. Love everything you've shown and described.  Beer!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »

Thanks man! Trust me when I say more is coming. Like right now (hey that transition was pretty good)

Fixed up the titlescreen to have the new outline color included. Also changed the background. I gotta get around to updating the op someday...

Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:05 PM »

This is so mother 3!
Since I love Earthbound/mother, I'm looking forward more.
I've saw your game before, I think it was on twitter. So, I think you're doing good advertising!

My devlog:     My twitter:
Private Party      twitter
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 03:05:01 AM »

Definitely a big time Earthbound-influenced game. Great progress so far!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2017, 07:47:44 AM »

Thanks everyone! Earthbound was definitely really cool for me, but I have a few smaller influences that may pop in and out every once and a while.

These also live in your basement!

thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2017, 06:53:49 PM »

I've improved a lot in the course of a year. I used to rely on bad line work and pillow shading but now I think I can create passable pixel art. Here's what I mean.

The guy on the left is from a failed attempt at an earthbound inspired game that would probably make the sub genre look bad more than anything. I like some of the designs even to this day so I decided to recreate a few.

There's also this guy

He atac but he also protec

I can totally see how you've improved! Nice dude! I am also working on my first earthbound-esque project and I'm excited to see a number of us making these because I think all of our plots/universes are very different!

Seeing your progress makes me want to really work on my project that much more :D

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »

Thanks! Working on an art style similar to the mother series but different enough to not look like a complete rip off was pretty fun and a nice journey. Good luck on your game as well!

It's an early screenshot saturday today. Here's a night mode screen, is this store even open at 3:30Am?

I hope so, Don't want any monsters to get me. Do monsters exist?, do Night Crawlers exist?

I don't think so...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:16:15 PM by 101239P » Logged

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 04:56:18 PM »

Finished up all the buildings in the first town just a while ago. There are still a few structures I have to do but for the most part this is what you will be seeing.

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 08:50:41 AM »

It's the detour sign!

I'm getting a few complaints about the save screen just being earthbounds save screen (which is true) so I will be exporing ways to make it original.

vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 09:20:12 AM »

Finished up all the buildings in the first town just a while ago. There are still a few structures I have to do but for the most part this is what you will be seeing.
I think if the "Sleep" sign was larger it'd look better! I mean, it's barely readable and there's plenty of empty space around it.
In the ice house I had a bit of a hard time distinguishing the front and top parts of the ice cubes, I think because they are the same color. Usually a side of the cube is lighter (usually the top one) due to lighting. I get that ice cubes are transparent but maybe it's worth looking into?

Overall though the game is looking pretty nice and interesting, looking forward to it!

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »

I think if the "Sleep" sign was larger it'd look better! I mean, it's barely readable and there's plenty of empty space around it.
In the ice house I had a bit of a hard time distinguishing the front and top parts of the ice cubes, I think because they are the same color. Usually a side of the cube is lighter (usually the top one) due to lighting. I get that ice cubes are transparent but maybe it's worth looking into?

Overall though the game is looking pretty nice and interesting, looking forward to it!
[/quote]

I can see where you are coming from here. I have fixed both of these textures to the best of my ability and they are definitely an improvement. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

You shouldn't be here...

101239P
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 12:18:36 PM »

I'm very busy and i gotsa migraine

Also happy belated E3

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic