Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:13:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioStatus of the TIGSource Challenges?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Status of the TIGSource Challenges?  (Read 798 times)
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »

First of all, sorry for my absence from here. I've gotten caught up in a lot of things, though fortunately among those things is being more musically productive, particularly a game music gig as of late. Smiley

That being said, I noticed that it's been nearly two months since any thread involving the TIGSource Musical challenges was updated. Is this challenge dead for now, then? I certainly hope it can make a return: while I won only once out of the times I submitted, I felt I learned a lot each time I did so.

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
Pearl Pixel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 06:35:26 PM »

Tbh, I don't think they're dead, they've just taken a hit w/ really long and rather complicated/involved challenges recently. I'm not sure if the next person in line is going to start a new one or not. Perhaps we need a sort of mod to help spearhead and keep each going?

It would be nice if there were an option to make sure each new challenge isn't too complicated, but the fun in winning is being able to creatively choose the next challenge. So it seems that gaps may naturally occur as we see now.  Shrug

This whacko of a person makes music. Perhaps it is of interest: https://soundcloud.com/pearl_pixel
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 08:39:15 PM »

+1

I had tons of fun doing them way back (on an older account). There was talk of rebooting them a little while back, but nothing really came of it.
I'd still love to do them proper. Get an artist/s from on here to create us some proper art, have a little prize, and release the monthly winners on an album like we planned to one year.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic