Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:19:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Rev-Share] Looking for an artist (Pixel or Vector)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Rev-Share] Looking for an artist (Pixel or Vector)  (Read 692 times)
thesuicidalrobot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »

I am a programmer who is working on a Mega Man X style platformer engine in unity. The game uses its own physics engine, I refuse to use the built in Unity physics engine. I already have a semi 80's over the top cheesy action movie type story for the game. I have made games before, things of smaller scale, but I hope to make something that is 4-6 hour experience.

My overall vision for the game is to release something on the PS4/Vita/Steam. I hope to find an artist that uses vector art, but am more than open to using pixel art (32-bit), if the art can be produced at a semi quick pace. I want the game to feature over the top gore, like a Tarantino film. While the story is so silly, that you can't do anything but love it. Think Far Cry Blood Dragon crossed with Mega Man.

The game will feature 10 levels, 1 introduction level, 8 normal levels each with their own boss fight, and a final level where you take on all 8 bosses + ending boss in typical Mega Man fashion. I currently have a character design in mind for the hero, along with the design of 2 bosses.

I work a full time job, but am free weekends, and program constantly during my after work hours. I want to make this game a reality, but instead of wasting my time making crappy programmer art, I just want to find someone who is good at what they do, which will allow me to focus on programming/level design.

As far as Rev Share goes, it would be a 50/50 split, once my dev kit, music, and sound effects cost have been recouped. Until then it would 60/40. I am currently still working on the base engine, and plan to be done with it sometime this weekend (movement, camera, collision, physics, checkpoints, etc). Once I get that done, I plan on adding enemies (which will just be red blocks until I find an artist). Once basic enemies are added to the game, I plan on doing some basic level layouts, and fine tuning physics to get things to control as best as possible. I am going off on a bit of a tangent, but I want artist who might be interested to understand where I am at in the process.

Preferably we would chat over Skype at least 3 times a week, and keep a log on where we are at in our project in Trello. I live in California, but do not mind working with someone who lives in a completely different time zone, as long as we can keep the communication flowing.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:26:28 PM »

hey. i'm curious to hear more. email me at spellmynamewithabang (at) hotmail (dot) com and lemme know what you're thinking about

thesuicidalrobot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 09:43:40 AM »

For anyone interested, I am still looking for an artist.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic