Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:57:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignHelp with creating the UI needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help with creating the UI needed  (Read 1096 times)
Sneaky_Seal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2017, 09:09:06 AM »

These are some screenshots from a game we're working on (Ash of Gods - a tactical RPG with card game elements).

Could you please comment on the interface and offer some feedback? Is there something to change/imrpove in the UI's elements:
- shapes;
- positions;
- colors.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:00:16 AM by Sneaky_Seal » Logged

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling and an extensive online PvP mode!
If you've missed our Kickstarter campaign, you can still support us and get your rewards here.
Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:17:41 AM »

To me, the interface looks OK.

Is there anywhere I could get the demo or something? I love both RPGs and card games...
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:35:14 AM »

Looks very professional to me. The only thing is that the UI kind of melts into the background a bit, so it can be difficult to get an overview of where the UI elements are at a glance. Maybe it should have something to make it pop out a bit more. White borders?

josehzz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 05:57:53 PM »

Looks very well done, the only things that bothers me are the 3 small top red buttons (Chat, Add something and Settings), they should be in a group and located elsewhere like next to the bottom right UI element.

PD: sorry if I use generic terms for the UI, but I don't what are those elements supposed to do.

Need some water ripple effects? Click here!
Sneaky_Seal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:47:29 AM »

To me, the interface looks OK.

Is there anywhere I could get the demo or something? I love both RPGs and card games...

Great, thank you.

We do not have a playavle public version yet, but we do have a playable prototype (with no graphics though) here http://game.aurumdust.com/. Otherwise you can sign up to a newsletter on our website - we will be sending out imporant updates (such as betas, demos, etc.) You can sign up on our website https://ashofgods.com/

Looks very professional to me. The only thing is that the UI kind of melts into the background a bit, so it can be difficult to get an overview of where the UI elements are at a glance. Maybe it should have something to make it pop out a bit more. White borders?

Thank you, we did want to make the UI and the scenes come together nicely, but maybe the UI should be more visible. We will try some things to make it work.

Looks very well done, the only things that bothers me are the 3 small top red buttons (Chat, Add something and Settings), they should be in a group and located elsewhere like next to the bottom right UI element.

PD: sorry if I use generic terms for the UI, but I don't what are those elements supposed to do.

Yes, we placed them so becasue of their differnet functions, but you might be right. We will try to move them around.

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling and an extensive online PvP mode!
If you've missed our Kickstarter campaign, you can still support us and get your rewards here.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic