Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:58:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStory Exploration on a Steampunk Spaceship
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Story Exploration on a Steampunk Spaceship  (Read 2041 times)
somin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:42:25 AM »

Who What Why?
Since the beginning of the year I worked on a little Story exploration game. It kinda grew out of a twinstick shooter prototype and my desire to finally make more story focused game. My games usually tend to be systems driven, but I really enjoy playing things like oxenfree and gone home and the like. Thats why I decided to give it a try. I want to keep it manageable so I'll try keep it brief. I'm guessing round 1h of playtime. I'm basically a novice when it comes to story and writing, but you gotta start somewhere Smiley

Mechanics
There are still some very light shooting elements planned, but the bulk of the game is exploring, finding out about the relationships between the crew members and their backgrounds.
The interaction is somewhere between Point'n'Click adventure and Gone Home. You can click on Objects and Items in the world to interact and you get a bigger preview of them like in Gone Home.

Story Outline
Also like in Gone Home you more or less play and outsider, not knowing the place and barely knowing the characters. You get hired for a simple engineering Job on a Cargo ship. The ship is owned by an old friend, but you lost touch ages ago. It soon manifests that the rest of the crew bailed for various reasons and that the job is not as legal as it appeared at first. You soon get stranded alone in outer space with some creature loose on the ship, trying to get communications back online to call for help.

@sominklein      WIP Story Exploration Game      WIP Weltenformer      Done CLIMB
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic