Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:56:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStarmancer
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Starmancer  (Read 21266 times)
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 03:31:23 PM »

Thanks j-swan! :D

For me, if you don't have actual voice over, lip syncing isn't that necessary since my eyes would be looking more at the words and not as much the speaker.  But when they finish a sentence or at dramatic moments it's still nice to have them stop.  Sentence endings can be detected with the dot and adding a <PAUSE=2> like tag (pause for two seconds) in the dialogue text for dramatic pauses should be "simple enough" to handle.

Yeah there won't be voice overs, I just synced it with the text in the mockup for fun.  Cheesy
Good idea with the tags though!

Brayzen
Level 0

@CurveballGames - Unity developer, hobbyist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 12:31:42 AM »

Love sci-fi, love the art style, love a good RPG... following! Smiley

Really hope to be playing this one day!

Pixel.ABCD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 02:25:44 AM »

Yeah, the art is really good. I am impressed how it works with 3d models as well together. Nice work.
BudPico
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 04:25:34 AM »

I love this kind of game! Looks gorgeous too - following...
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »

Thanks guy, it's coming along really nicely. There's only a few more hurdles to overcome before we can start showing the game in action. Smiley

Here is an in-game screenshot showing various furniture, walls and floors of different materials.
There will be tiers for materials but at the same time we want different materials to also have different functions.
Like wood looks better and makes colonist happy, but also burns and breaks easily.

Also in the screenshot are paintings and rugs which we now have a system for placing on walls/floors.
Right now the player places them, but in the future we want colonists to decorate their own rooms

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »

Looks awesome. Nice work on those graphics  Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:14 AM »

Thank you!

We're about to implement colonist inventory.
They can have good items and bad items. We want the player to decide what is good and what is bad. But there will be some things that are definitely only bad or only good, everything else will have both positive and negative effects.

So the player picks what is a contraband, and then places security checkpoints to find and dispose of such items.
Security checks take time and they lower the morale of those being checked.
Eventually we want colonists to be able to smuggle items through them, at a pretty decent success rate. The colonists will probably need a certain set of skills, like a perk called smuggling or a skill involving all kinds of deceit and thievery.

unavailable
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »

What are you making this in? This is really cool!
GameBubble06.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2017, 02:27:47 PM »

Great! So would you be able to walk around with camera or it's going to be fixed perspective?
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »

Holy shit the art here is super cool. It reminds me of my game. Definitely following you.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 10:53:06 PM »

What are you making this in? This is really cool!

They said Unity on the last page.

_____

Lookin' pretty slick, Seiseki! Nice art style, and sweet blocky polygons / pixels.

nickgravelyn
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 10:48:52 AM »

This is really cool looking. I'm super excited to see how all the wiring/pipes/air ducts works out in the simulation. I love the idea of designing this kind of space station environment.

It'd be cool if you could have some kind of "remote" settlements on planets but obviously that's something you can think about way down the road. :D
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 11:50:59 AM »

Thanks everyone! :D

We're using unity, yes.

The camera is the perspective you see in the screenshots, with manual zoom and rotation.

Remote settlements is pretty interesting but might be a bit out of scope.
We've discussed having big ships that you can send on missions too, it would be pretty cool if you could manage those ships and bring them back to the station if necessary. But we gotta limit the scope Smiley

nickgravelyn
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »

Turning down features to manage scope creep? What kind of game developer are you? Wink
VoyagerGames
Level 0

Developer of Outer Colony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »

I've got to agree with some of the earlier posters - I really love the aesthetic here, and the gameplay is looking like it's going to have the kind of depth I enjoy in games. I'm going to keep a close eye on this, as it looks awesome.

Speaking of scope creep, do you guys have a plan for a version 1.0 feature set? Will combat be a part of the game?

Developer of Outer Colony.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 02:50:49 PM »

Turning down features to manage scope creep? What kind of game developer are you? Wink

I've seen... things..  Smiley

Unless we change our minds, version 1.0 will have combat, destructible tiles, fire, explosions.
But most importantly it will have real balancing and the basics of material tiers and machines.
Right now we're saving balancing and tiers until we have all things in place, so we don't have to redo it constantly.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »

I've seen... things..  Smiley

Agreed!

Never argue with the fortune cookie!

Or the feature creeps

and

SimonFelix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 06:42:42 AM »

This looks great! I love the use of pixel art in the 3D environment. Very curious to hear more gameplay-wise Smiley

j-swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 01:56:39 PM »

How is the character rendered? As a 3D plane with texture?

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »

How is the character rendered? As a 3D plane with texture?

Yeah, using a billboard shader! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic