Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:42:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Tendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens  (Read 50871 times)
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2020, 04:26:00 AM »

Nice! I love Alien 1,2,3,4 (but not so last two parts which were quite illogical). The game looks pretty solid platformer with nice art. It also reminds me Abuse from 1995 a bit.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2020, 08:29:49 AM »

Hey irn! The turrents and lasers look great, can't wait to see them in action.

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »

Thanks guys! Gentleman We have been working so hard to get everything right and we are super excited to show you everything we have so far!

There are still two devices we need to finish - sound generators and mines. Then you will see everything in bloody-stealth action!

l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2020, 08:31:02 AM »

Just checked the thread after a while. The gameplay looks really fun Smiley
Reminds me of mark of the ninja with it's stealth mechanics, which is a good thing Smiley
irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2020, 10:39:42 AM »

Just checked the thread after a while. The gameplay looks really fun Smiley
Reminds me of mark of the ninja with it's stealth mechanics, which is a good thing Smiley

Thanks! We have been inspired by many great games and Mark of the ninja, as one of the best 2D stealth games, is definitely one of them!

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2021, 01:53:13 PM »

With our new waypoint system we have recreated a memorable scene from a great movie! Will you guess which one? Wink

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2021, 12:08:38 AM »

I have to admit that I was unsure and did not remember the scene itself. But your video has the solution in the title, so I can't take the whole credit of figuring it out. I have not watched it in a long time, but Aliens is an amazing movie and maybe one of the best movie sequels of all time. Great work on the animations of your game as always, I just love your protagonist and its walk cycle.

I hope I don't come across like a Mister know-it-all, but I'd change the title of your video a bit and accredit the movie to Cameron, although Ridley Scott is the creator of the franchise ;)

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2021, 02:10:51 AM »

While I don't feel particularly compelled to play something evil with evil intentions myself, I do understand the appeal and fun it can be for others. More importantly, this looks like a well-crafted game and a good in-depth devlog, which is always fun to follow, so subbed!
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2021, 02:43:37 AM »

With our new waypoint system we have recreated a memorable scene from a great movie! Will you guess which one? Wink

When I see the turrets I am thinking of Aliens(2) but the went combo with the crowd makes me think you tried to recreate the mess hall meetup from Alien 3

EDIT: ah nwm I am now 100% sure it's from Aliens(2) because of the dialogue. I was not sure because the other characters were unarmed and in this particular scene all marines were top notch. Still good job

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2021, 10:03:40 AM »

I have to admit that I was unsure and did not remember the scene itself. But your video has the solution in the title, so I can't take the whole credit of figuring it out. I have not watched it in a long time, but Aliens is an amazing movie and maybe one of the best movie sequels of all time. Great work on the animations of your game as always, I just love your protagonist and its walk cycle.

I hope I don't come across like a Mister know-it-all, but I'd change the title of your video a bit and accredit the movie to Cameron, although Ridley Scott is the creator of the franchise Wink

Thanks! The title betrayed us! :D I would say that Aliens2 may be the best cosmic horror movie of all time and perhaps the best Lovecraftian horror.
Yes, you are right, we should have put Cameron into the title. We always say Ridley Scott`s Aliens but in fact, the series had multiple directors and Cameron did a really good job.

While I don't feel particularly compelled to play something evil with evil intentions myself, I do understand the appeal and fun it can be for others. More importantly, this looks like a well-crafted game and a good in-depth devlog, which is always fun to follow, so subbed!

Thanks! We really appreciate it!

When I see the turrets I am thinking of Aliens(2) but the went combo with the crowd makes me think you tried to recreate the mess hall meetup from Alien 3

EDIT: ah nwm I am now 100% sure it's from Aliens(2) because of the dialogue. I was not sure because the other characters were unarmed and in this particular scene all marines were top notch. Still good job

You are right, it's Aliens! And you are also right that in the movie nearly everyone in the room was an armed marine (a bit scared though Cheesy). But just to make it fair for our little monster, we had to swap almost all marines for regular civilians so they would not shoot him as soon as he would exit the shaft. In the movie, there were multiple aliens in the ventilation after all Smiley
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:18:09 AM by irn » Logged

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2021, 02:08:10 PM »

HA ! what did I won?  Durr...?

I really enjoy these Alien easter eggs because I am a big fan too so I totally respect what you try to create here.

I also try to recreate some scenes from the Aliens movie myself in my own game, if you want you may check page 6 of my dev blog for a map inspired by the reactor room encounter although my game plays from the perspective of the marine squad.

Maybe we can have a versus mode cross-ref for my squad to fight your creature at some point he he he

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2021, 10:51:43 AM »

HA ! what did I won?  Durr...?

I really enjoy these Alien easter eggs because I am a big fan too so I totally respect what you try to create here.

I also try to recreate some scenes from the Aliens movie myself in my own game, if you want you may check page 6 of my dev blog for a map inspired by the reactor room encounter although my game plays from the perspective of the marine squad.

Maybe we can have a versus mode cross-ref for my squad to fight your creature at some point he he he

A prize? Yes, there should be a prize! Hold on... it should be somewhere here... hmm...
**looks in an old box then pushes it away and looks in an even older one**
Ah here it is! Cheesy

I have checked your game (especially page 6). It looks cool! And the Alien part is awesome. It really gives this alien feel.. how dark and creepy it is. I see that you also have a steam page. Congrats!

I would love to see your squad fight our cute bloodthirsty monster. I wonder who would win Evil

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2021, 02:20:42 PM »

Awww man, I never won anything in my entire miserable life.

Here I must give something in return, call it first fan-art-cross-over

Chromosome Evil strike team vs your creature.

Hope you enjoy

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2021, 08:11:05 PM »

I wonder if there could be systems/perks that let you check which switches control which gates, like showing electric links in games such as Gunpoint.
Also commenting to follow a great project. Beer!

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2021, 04:50:53 AM »

Hahaha, nice, I love it. Nice mashup of two very promising games!

cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2021, 02:39:17 AM »

Hope you enjoy

This so cool! Smiley

I wonder if there could be systems/perks that let you check which switches control which gates, like showing electric links in games such as Gunpoint.
Also commenting to follow a great project. Beer!

We are planning to make it clear which switch is meant for which device by their placement. In the cases where it is not clear, we will use wall decals to lead the eye. So we are basically trying to go for something subtle.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 02:45:45 AM by cepnox » Logged

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2021, 02:47:22 AM »

Hope you enjoy

That is so Hand Shake Left awesome! Hand Shake Right
And this is your Chromosome Evil strike team on a visit to our cheerful mining colony Evil

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2021, 04:44:48 AM »

You two got difrent pixel art styles but would be nice to see some shared universe among indies and that would bee quite unique in the indie world. I am following both projects
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2021, 12:01:13 PM »

Recently we were improving our in-game editor in many ways – especially in terms of usability. We have also integrated an excellent UI library called Myra https://github.com/rds1983/Myra, so now everything looks pretty  and is also fun to use.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2021, 10:55:18 PM »

That's a nice looking editor, I'm sure having improved it will save you quite some time in the long run!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic