Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:29:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Tendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens  (Read 50861 times)
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2021, 10:24:26 AM »

Long time since you updated here, I hope your project is still going forward and you are ok.

Hey! Thanks, yes, everything is going well. Sorry for not answering your previous question. We have been super busy working on our first demo (so excited about that!) - it is taking 100% of our brain power Smiley.

About the game rating you asked - we have always wanted our stealth to be bloody - just like The Alien movies. We don't want to be too explicit or too macabre though. There is like a line we don't want to cross. Plus we have always liked this Tarantino-type of gore and just wanted to have this in our game.

Nice, so cartoony violemce, so game will be availeble for all ages
irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2021, 09:36:09 PM »

Glad to hear about the demo

May I ask what is your marketing strategy for the demo release? Is it public or private for investors and hardcore fans?

Primarily we want the demo to be available on a local virtual meetup for this weekend. But we would also like to send it to other people who are interested. If you are interested, we would be happy to send it to you! Smiley

Nice, so cartoony violemce, so game will be availeble for all ages

Well, not sure if I would give it to small kids Smiley, but it will probably be ok for most ages.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2021, 09:43:23 PM »

Primarily we want the demo to be available on a local virtual meetup for this weekend. But we would also like to send it to other people who are interested. If you are interested, we would be happy to send it to you! Smiley

Sounds like you made huge progress on your game.

That is very nice of you, I can help out with a test drive but only if you send me a well-optimized version and with shaders disabled because my laptop is total garbage.

Did you start building a community on Discord?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:56:16 PM by Ramos » Logged

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2021, 05:23:37 AM »

Sounds like you made huge progress on your game.

That is very nice of you, I can help out with a test drive but only if you send me a well-optimized version and with shaders disabled because my laptop is total garbage.

Did you start building a community on Discord?

Thanks!
We have created a Discord server just today
https://discord.gg/qhSQk2YSvx
There is not much there for now, but we are working on our marketing step by step :D

cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2021, 06:19:20 AM »

Hi everybody,
we have published the demo in the playtesting section.

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=71950.0

We will be happy for any kind of feedback.
Thanks!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2021, 06:35:45 AM »

Thank you for the invitation and the game build, will try it out

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:17:53 AM by Ramos » Logged

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »

Yay! Congrats!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2021, 02:10:37 AM »

Congratulations on the demo, you must have made huge progress.

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2021, 03:08:25 AM »

Congratulations on the demo, you must have made huge progress.

Thanks! Yes, things are starting to come together. All our core mechanics are more or less nailed down. We are planning to start producing more content like levels, graphics, we will focus on atmosphere, story, sound and things like that.  Hand Shake Left So excited! Hand Shake Right

jarmick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2021, 08:09:53 AM »

Reading through the log, and enjoying / learning from your process.  Like the latest vids and character controls. 

I thought your were referencing the Aliens game for C64 - which I used to play.  Actually, there are some nice narrative and UI features in the old Aliens game that may be inspiring.

Cool to follow this project.
irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2021, 10:24:31 AM »

Reading through the log, and enjoying / learning from your process.  Like the latest vids and character controls. 

I thought your were referencing the Aliens game for C64 - which I used to play.  Actually, there are some nice narrative and UI features in the old Aliens game that may be inspiring.

Thanks!
We actually never played that one Shocked. We were heavily inspired by Alien vs Predator series though. We will definitely check that one out!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2021, 06:45:36 PM »

Reading through the log, and enjoying / learning from your process.  Like the latest vids and character controls.  

I thought your were referencing the Aliens game for C64 - which I used to play.  Actually, there are some nice narrative and UI features in the old Aliens game that may be inspiring.

Thanks!
We actually never played that one Shocked. We were heavily inspired by Alien vs Predator series though. We will definitely check that one out!

Avp arcade had very diferent gameplay, so far, Tendril seems to go more into Carrion from Devolver gameplay vibe, with an alien inspired theme, delicious mix
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2021, 11:43:52 AM »

Hi everybody!
We made a speedrun of our early demo for the sake of fun Smiley

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2021, 01:08:37 PM »

I like the fact that when I played it I played a bit differently so now I see that the game allows for different types of play strategies.
This can be +1 to replayability

cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2022, 12:46:41 PM »

Hey all!
We’ve been adding so much cool stuff into Tendril: ER, but we weren’t posting anything Sad Well, if you only have one brain cell, there are only so many things you can do at a time Tongue

But we are starting to post again. For now, a sneak peek of an ancient demonic ritual, which is a part of the intro stage. The spectacular blood self-sacrifice of those cultists will certainly not go in vain  Evil

We will post a full video of it soon.

We have also been working on special abilities, more and better enemy NPCs, a cinematic system, graphics, post effects, particle systems, UI, and much more. We are slowly but surely putting checkmarks on all our remaining tasks and that is exciting  Hand Shake Left Smiley Hand Shake Right

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2022, 03:46:55 PM »

Glad to hear you are doing fine, great comeback, that screenshot looks very polished and the ground fog and color combo got a solid vibe of a alien hive

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2022, 12:28:22 AM »

Glad to hear you are doing fine, great comeback, that screenshot looks very polished and the ground fog and color combo got a solid vibe of a alien hive

Thank you
Yes, we wanted this dark-mysterious-alien atmosphere. The demonic ritual vibe with all that vibrant color should then be in contrast to what happens next. We'll show this in a video, but we still need to fine tune some details. 

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2022, 09:50:21 AM »

I was womdering what happend to this project, nice to see it is still in active development
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2022, 12:50:33 PM »

This looks super cool!

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2022, 09:11:31 AM »

I was womdering what happend to this project, nice to see it is still in active development
Sorry for not posting anything for a while. We made some exciting progress and we are going to do different posts about many new features.

This looks super cool!
Thank you, that's so awesome!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic