Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:16:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Tendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens  (Read 50872 times)
gouhadouken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 02:12:23 PM »

Ohhhh, I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure. I played tf out of AvP2. Playing as the Xenomorph was -too- fun.
irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »

Today we`d like to show you what we are currently working on. It has been...

.09: Enlightened ones!

Oh no, it`s him.

.09: Silence unworthy one!

Oh whatever...

.09: Followers of Change! Heed my words! Enough of this foul rotten world
                   we have been forced to live in. Enough of it all! Change is coming! Change is light!
                   Its tendrils are upon us! They will save us! I say embrace them!
                   Embrace Change and be saved!

We will prepare this world. We will spill blood of the unworthy for it is the doorway
                   for the herald of Change!

Be ready for sacrifices in our own ranks. But we do not fear! We do not tremble!
                   We do not sink our eyes before the face of Change and its herald!

Sure and there will be no scratch on your own wrinkly skin, right?

.09: Silence!

.09: Come, let us prepare this world for Change...

6 Eyes Studio
Level 0

Fell Seal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 08:28:48 AM »

Interesting stuff.

The sound propagation stuff looks like a very good concept to me.
Keep up the good wok! Smiley

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, Tactical RPG for PC.
https://www.fellseal.com/
irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 11:38:42 AM »

@gouhadouken : Thank you! We loved to play as alien - it was and still is the best!

@6 Eyes Studio : Thanks a lot! So far the sound propagation helps us to bring that organic feel to sounds. We will post more updates in the future about how it will turn out!

GekidoRising
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »

Hey! This game is looking pretty neat so far and all the tech stuff you've posted so far is super informative actually! The movement style you're looking for sounds super familiar, and I just can't put my finger on it, but it definitely feels like it will work in my head at least. The behavior tree editor is actually SUPER neat, I'll definitely have to take a look at that and the sound propagation technique seems like a very nice compromise between simplicity and effectiveness.

But the big reason I wanted to post here is: oh my god, Dragon is an absolute cutey cute cute mccute cute and I could not resist whipping this up

(click for full view)

This is my own interpretation of the character based on the sprite, so I hope this isn't too far off from what you originally had in mind for the character. Dragon is just TOO precious though :D

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this as it goes on and I look forward to seeing the final product!
joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »

OMG this looks amazing! I'd love to do some music for you if you haven't a musician already. My style is just perfect for stuff like this and I'm actually working on a traditional roguelike right now that has very similar ideas. I love how you are using sound with your AI.  I also do sound design as well, I'm here if you need me! Will definitely be watching this one   Gentleman
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 11:01:12 PM »

Your project has so much charm. Loving those super lanky sprites.

Following.  Coffee
irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »

Thank you all for your kind words!

@GekidoRising : Your art is awesome! You are indeed very close to what we originally had in mind. It is a lizard-like creature which is exactly what you did. Good job! Definitely putting your art to facebook, if it is ok with you Wink

@joey4track : We are putting you into our address book Wink

@LyricalReverie : They are so much fun to animate which is why there will be as many animations in the game as my bleeding fingers and broken wrist will allow :D

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 10:58:32 AM »

That old man with a staff is the most delightfully lively stick figure I ever saw. Nice animatin'!

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
TomFletcher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 12:48:01 PM »

Those pixel art animations are amazing Addicted, wish I had something more constructive to add but I dont think I do, oh well.

Look forward to seeing how this progresses.

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 04:24:21 PM »

Hey I just noticed, does that guy in the first few gifs have cybernetic limbs? We will be able to fit our hosts with these?  Evil
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 11:32:16 AM »

Thanks guys!

@GekidoRising - yay! Our first fan art Smiley - it rocks!

Hey I just noticed, does that guy in the first few gifs have cybernetic limbs? We will be able to fit our hosts with these?  Evil
Sure. It only makes them so much more tasty Wink

LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »

Nothing like cybernetic limbs for breakfast.   Hand Fork LeftGomezHand Knife Right
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 06:29:08 AM »

Nothing like cybernetic limbs for breakfast.   Hand Fork LeftGomezHand Knife Right

precisely Smiley

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2017, 12:07:38 PM »

Hey!
Today we are excited to show you overview of our automatic sprite sheet generation process! Well here it is:

This enables us to make all animated and static sprites in Aseprite (witch is awesome!), use its cli to exports sprite parts with layers and animations and import it right into our game engine through our import tool done in NodeJs with just few clicks.

In Aseprite we have special naming convention for layers. Dot prefix means meta layer and dash marks ignored layers. Each tag represents an animation.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:44:57 PM by irn » Logged

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 11:08:43 AM »

It is time for an environment design post, yay! Sooo below is our latest environment design.

Three environments can be seen here. Outdoors will be mostly for vertical gameplay and it will provide different ways how to infiltrate into buildings.
Most of the time Dragon will spread terror indoors where blood will paint walls rather nicely. In this design downstairs is a place for the lower class. It is quite dirty and messy. It has warm colors, a lot of hanging cables, tubes and rusty machinery. Any rich man in a suit would likely avoid these places.

Then there is a lab upstairs. It is quite opposite to the world downstairs. It is clean, sterile and has cool color pallette. Art deco symbols are more simple and systematic. Lab rats occupy these places. They like to work, talk, play with their scientific stuff. They also like to panic and run for their lives.

It is important for us that each environment has different feel to it, that the player will feel differently in each one of them. Each uses its own visual language. On the other hand it is also important that everything is consistent and that when the you enter a different environment it will not look like a whole different game.

(scroll to the right, there is more)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:14:05 AM by irn » Logged

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 11:34:03 AM »

Cool, I'm getting a Mark of the Ninja vibe but with fangs  Grin
KaleidoGames
Level 0

Making awesome games for real gamers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 01:08:48 AM »

Nice game, you should considering submitting it to Indie Tribe and see what happens!

Take a look at:

Visit our site for more games:
KaleidoGames
Romain Rope
Level 0

Game Audio SwissArmy Knife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 01:50:14 AM »

This is gruesomely gorgeous and i love the sound propagation concept !

ROMAIN ROPE

Sound Designer / Composer
ROMAINROPE.COM
@RomainRope

Zombie Night Terror @ZN_Terror
Wanderer @Wanderer_Game
Romain Rope
Level 0

Game Audio SwissArmy Knife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 03:23:27 AM »

forgot to follow Smiley