Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:46:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: Tendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens  (Read 50867 times)
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2022, 05:51:29 AM »

I saw the video a couple of days ago. Good material

Gentleman

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2022, 07:03:05 AM »

I saw the video a couple of days ago. Good material

Gentleman

Thanks a lot!

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2022, 01:01:19 PM »

We have added ultrawide support!

cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2022, 07:52:11 AM »

Another video from the upcoming demo - stage full of turrets with a scripted event to fill the map with new enemies on that way back. You can also see the resurrection altar in action.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2022, 10:05:56 AM »

Another video from the upcoming demo - stage full of turrets with a scripted event to fill the map with new enemies on that way back. You can also see the resurrection altar in action.

Looks great! The resurrection altar is awesome and love the increasing challenge as you progress with the guards showing up and going on alert. Nicely done.

PetSkull
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2022, 05:04:48 AM »

Curious as to why you haven't created a Steam page already. You would be racking in wishlists for this game, based on all those great youtube videos.

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2022, 05:37:26 AM »

Curious as to why you haven't created a Steam page already. You would be racking in wishlists for this game, based on all those great youtube videos.

Thank you for your kind words.
People keep asking us about Steam page and why we don't have any. To be completely honest Steam page is something we keep postponing. We are trying to get our public demo ready and that is where we put all our creative energy and passion. It might be a mistake because we know Steam page is important and that we might be losing whistlists. We need to improve our marketing I guess Smiley It's on our task list and we hope to set it up very soon - ideally before the demo.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2022, 09:41:03 AM »

Will there be any "Riplay" easter egg ?
irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2022, 10:08:01 AM »

Dunno, will be ? Wink

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2022, 07:42:28 AM »

This is the finished sprite:

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2022, 08:36:12 AM »

This is the finished sprite:

Godlike level

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2022, 11:57:09 AM »

Godlike level

Cool, thanks!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2022, 12:21:32 PM »

Dunno, will be ? Wink

Yes, this is what i was talking about
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2023, 07:53:14 AM »

We are extremely excited that today we are releasing a new Tendril: Echo Received alpha demo.

You can get it here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtmjwDm49BRKhfRgSo__Dc5kJl40rg?e=mEJLiF

We would be happy for any honest feedback!

Requirements:
============
- .NET Framework 4.8
- DirectX 11

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 24, 2023, 12:53:36 AM »

Some random thoughts:

- Some keybindings only change after relaunching the game (buy skill, dialogue prompts, etc.). If you rebind WASD, since they can still be used as direction keys in menus, you might be unable to do certain things in menus(e.g. Using S to buy skill doesn't work). I would also suggest at least adding Space or Enter as a universal way to forward dialogues.

- Jump arcs are still a bit hard to gauge for me, especially with wall jumps and sawblades. Wouldn't mind some sort of jump arc indication when you are holding the opposite direction on the wall, or something like that.

- It doesn't feel like sound is considered by the AI currently. Meanwhile human eyesight is quite good, which feels fresh, but will probably be better with even more complex behaviors in the future. Wouldn't mind if there's an in-universe explanation of the Dragon muffling nearby sounds as well, if it comes to that.

- I could foresee key prompts being too much with more complicated level designs. Ideally there could be an option to turn off ability prompts and give abilities like Leap some other form of indicators (maybe a circle similar to switches?).

- Would love to see more abilities, and not necessarily active skills. Some utility upgrades/abilities like seeing human line of sight, dodging first bullet every 10 seconds etc.. Wouldn't mind if certain stuff we already can do being locked behind upgrades as well. Think Arkham Batman games and Mark of the Ninja.

- Clearer indication that one exit will progress the story/lock you out of the current level would be nice. Don't want to miss collectibles and shards.

- Shards still feel a bit out of place, especially when your energy is full and they are just lying around on the ground. Without proper in-universe lore it feels quite jarring. I wonder whether changing stuff like Invisibility to cooldown based and other abilities based on corpses would feel better or more limiting. The old demon magic system was clunky but also easily "acceptable" as something that the Dragon would be able to do. Carrying definitely feels nice right now though.
- Just throwing ideas out there. Maybe an extra "Consume/Extract" action that can be done on corpses could work? Or you automatically try to do that, but can be cancelled via movements. That would make a proper risk and reward choice on the player's part, since you need to spend extra time to gain resources.

All in all nice vertical slice. Love the grapple leap section. Feels like Batman. Wish we could drop corpses from above to stun enemies (never got a chance too, maybe it's already in?). Interactions like that always feel the best in stealth games.

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2023, 11:03:33 AM »

Hey, liking the concept and art style for the game Smiley

Also just wondering will you be needing music for this? I'm an experienced composer and would be interested in collaborating.

Thanks Smiley

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2023, 12:22:15 PM »

Some random thoughts:

- Some keybindings only change after relaunching the game (buy skill, dialogue prompts, etc.). If you rebind WASD, since they can still be used as direction keys in menus, you might be unable to do certain things in menus(e.g. Using S to buy skill doesn't work). I would also suggest at least adding Space or Enter as a universal way to forward dialogues.

- Jump arcs are still a bit hard to gauge for me, especially with wall jumps and sawblades. Wouldn't mind some sort of jump arc indication when you are holding the opposite direction on the wall, or something like that.

- It doesn't feel like sound is considered by the AI currently. Meanwhile human eyesight is quite good, which feels fresh, but will probably be better with even more complex behaviors in the future. Wouldn't mind if there's an in-universe explanation of the Dragon muffling nearby sounds as well, if it comes to that.

- I could foresee key prompts being too much with more complicated level designs. Ideally there could be an option to turn off ability prompts and give abilities like Leap some other form of indicators (maybe a circle similar to switches?).

- Would love to see more abilities, and not necessarily active skills. Some utility upgrades/abilities like seeing human line of sight, dodging first bullet every 10 seconds etc.. Wouldn't mind if certain stuff we already can do being locked behind upgrades as well. Think Arkham Batman games and Mark of the Ninja.

- Clearer indication that one exit will progress the story/lock you out of the current level would be nice. Don't want to miss collectibles and shards.

- Shards still feel a bit out of place, especially when your energy is full and they are just lying around on the ground. Without proper in-universe lore it feels quite jarring. I wonder whether changing stuff like Invisibility to cooldown based and other abilities based on corpses would feel better or more limiting. The old demon magic system was clunky but also easily "acceptable" as something that the Dragon would be able to do. Carrying definitely feels nice right now though.
- Just throwing ideas out there. Maybe an extra "Consume/Extract" action that can be done on corpses could work? Or you automatically try to do that, but can be cancelled via movements. That would make a proper risk and reward choice on the player's part, since you need to spend extra time to gain resources.

All in all nice vertical slice. Love the grapple leap section. Feels like Batman. Wish we could drop corpses from above to stun enemies (never got a chance too, maybe it's already in?). Interactions like that always feel the best in stealth games.

Copy from Discord :D :
Thanks for the feedback!
- We would not be able to display the jump arc, because you have a lot of freedom of movement while in air - so the arc can change anytime. But we should probably put some less tricky jumps at the beginning of the game.
- Not all actions generate sound. Well .. basically no actions done by the Dragon Smiley (yet, because we are planning to have some abilities, that will give you a stronger attack, but it will be loud). Reason for this is to put more emphasis on stealth. But e.g. guns, explosions or even a dead body thrown on a ground (if it is thrown from a height) generates a AI sound which travels on a AI graph (it won't go through walls, but it will go through stairs, ..). Each NPC also reacts to these sounds differently. E.g. guard will go to source of explosion and civil  will start panicking.
- Prompts: you mean that there would be too many prompts on the screen at the same time?
- Abilities: Yeah we are definitely planning to have more abilities and some of them should be also passive as you are describing.
- exit indicator: great idea. Thx
- Reason for shards is to give the player more satisfaction from killing enemies - sounds horrible :D But yeah, we would like to find a way how to minimize occasions when you are not able to pick any more shards. What do you mean with the old magic system?
- consume - we had this implemented before, but the problem was, that it quickly became boring. We therefore moved to more dynamic game-play.
- stun enemies - yeah that sounds great. We have to think about it.

Hey, liking the concept and art style for the game Smiley

Also just wondering will you be needing music for this? I'm an experienced composer and would be interested in collaborating.

Thanks Smiley

Hi thanks. Currently we have this covered.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2023, 02:02:11 PM »

Just a note to say I downloaded and played just a little bit in the demo. I havent gotten too far into it but just wanted to pass across some really, really early first impressions. Good news, its all positive. This looks great. Art and animation is incredible. Loved the sounds and music will add a whole new dimension to the tension. Controls felt really tight, though I will admit I found some of the jumps and sawblades to be a little tricky to get the hang of--though I never felt that me failing was so punishing as to be discouraging. Whether thats an example of the jump needing work or just maybe me needing more time as the player to learn the jump (or even just moving some of the more complex jumps back a little bit?). Overall, a really strong impression for a vertical slice. I was hoping for a little more early-game lore or set up but some of that can also come as more of the story is revealed. I do think a little early opening scene set up could go a long way though. Looking forward to digging in more, but really well done so far.

cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2023, 08:33:33 AM »

Thanks!
Yeah, we need to add more stages with easier movement to give the player more time to learn the movement.
We are still trying to figure out how to deliver the story, but we would like to experiment with environment story telling.

Marit Lage
Level 0

TaVu NaLoHa SeKhSa Vo

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2023, 11:34:18 AM »

LePTe Va KoSa Si NaSi Ka .
//
Quick question , do yu know what a Sacoeurl is? Ka .

(She/Her__English is my third language .)
Well , anyway . I never have to justify myself ever again .
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic